KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Blade III

And here is my devtree: link
The kernel screenshot I talked about:

IMHO you have started porting CyanogenMod a bit of the wrong way around. Instead of just using the bare minimum of necessary things from the stock ROM, you have done pretty much the complete opposite. You are basically using the whole unmodified ramdisk from a stock ROM. That mean a whole lot of unnecessary processes and that none of the CyanogenMod's init scripts are never even run. Also 777 permissions on everything is a security breach that could be exploited.

Errm, what is that screenshot supposed to prove? That you did exactly the same than what I did (just squashed into a single commit) and a lot after I had already released the source code? Well, the overclocking code was kanged from Huawei G300 and I haven't written single line of any of that code anyway...

I'm still wondering where I can find the kernel source that was used to build the kernel in your build? Linux kernel is released under GNU general public licence, you know. My CyanogenMod builds won't even boot without kernel modifications (that I've already released btw).

Still in all fairness, I'll release my device tree if/when I release my build.

Hjanos

Hjanos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
KonstaT:
First of all here is the kernel source: https://bitbucket.or...atlas40/commits
It's apeelme's repo so I needed to ask him to set it public, that's why it took so long. Sorry about that. I need to point out that despite you released the source code earlier, we haven't used your commits, because we didn't know about it. I hope that you can find some code that we did seperate ways and then you will see

I have time to clean up the ramdisk after I get the basic hardware working (wifi, bt, gps, camera, sensors etc.) The 777 permission was my fault, when I didn't have mic working in calls I checked if it was a permission issue and I forgot to change it back. Thanks for the notice.

I am wondering if we could work together on onedevice tree to get CM9,10,10.1 working.
There is no need to do the same work twice.
What do you think?

Edited by Hjanos, 24 January 2013 - 03:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users