Touch Screen/Digitizer - failed in part. Solution?

Guest MikeVybiral

Guest MikeVybiral

Just bought a G300 for spares or repair. After installing a keyboard, it works fine except part of the screen has failed. If the screen is like a 10 storey building, floors 3 & 4 don't register 'touch'. After checking the motherboard connections, I've ordered a new screen from aliexpress (£11) in China. It will take at least 3 weeks to arrive.

In the meantime ...

1. Is this a common problem?

2. Anyone fixed the same problem? If so how?

3. If it's NOT the screen, what else could it be?

Hope to get some help on this.

Regards to all,

Mike

Guest Davidoff59

Hi Mike, there is a bubble issue with the screen so it appears that the digitiser and screen aren't bonded together very well. I would look into this. Im not sure if this would affect the touch input but may be worth looking at.

Guest MikeVybiral

Hi Mike, there is a bubble issue with the screen so it appears that the digitiser and screen aren't bonded together very well. I would look into this. Im not sure if this would affect the touch input but may be worth looking at.

http://www.modaco.co...ide-the-screen/

Thanks for your reply.

In my opinion, this is a different problem.

Thanks,

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
Guest blackanchorage

I have the same issue with my phone, "If the screen is like a 10 storey building, floors 3 & 4 don't register 'touch'." It's intermittent. I'm not going to try to fix it myself, have to work out whether to return it to Tesco, Vodafone or direct to Huawei.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest blackanchorage

Eventually (after going back and forth between Vodafone and Tesco) managed to get Tesco to send me a jiffy bag to submit for repair. They repaired it within a week, very pleased. I don't know if the screen was replaced, but it's the same IMEI.

Regards