Photo

Your final and considered judgement on the Huawei G300?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Devices:Android

Zte have a replica of this phone.

Indeed, the ZTE Blade 3. But it only launched in September, and it is still not avaliable in the UK. The price is supposedly around 140 GBP, which makes it quite a bit more expensive (nearly twice as expensive as the G300 on sale). I think that very much fits the definition of "dropping the ball".

blatny93

blatny93

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer
Don't want to piddle on anyones shoes but this was seriously overclocked and given a screen that its graphics could cope with? I want to know the limits of this phone because like most of us I bought it because it was the limits of my funds? That is why I mention the old ZTE Racer - despite its it's price it was very easy to root and unlock - it was generic and it got a generic rom. What I think should happen, at this price range, is that they should be generic? Or is it better for them to be locked? Debate!

blatny93

blatny93

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer
Also, the ZTE Racer that I bought, after having several very stable Nokias, still serves as a great hotspot, even though it's screen is broken, and I can only access it via my CP (try MyExplorer - its your friend and you won't look back!). It still has it's own CM7 and never buggers up. I know it's absurd but what about CM7 for G300? That would be cute!

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
I'd love to see gingerbread and CM9 go head to head. IMO CM9 is faster. Stock 944 on with Daz's boost was pretty quick too, and slightly more 'complete'.

Posted Image

stevecross

stevecross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:orange san fransisco
t is what it is a budget phone, for me problems were with volumes of ringtones etc. Even after so called software fix still not as loud as other phones I have owned. Will I buy the dual core one, No. Most likely pay extra for the nexus 4 or samsung or the Motorola Razer looks good

gnb10

gnb10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Overall I've found it to be very good for the price. The build quality is OK to my mind: the battery cover is arguably a bit flimsy and slightly fiddly to fit, but once in place it seems secure. As far as software goes, the GB firmware that ships on it by default is pretty good, even if the official ICS upgrade seems a bit of a token effort. Having a working CM9 release for it is a very nice bonus.

rwalton159

rwalton159

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@rwalton159

Why is ICS worse than Gingerbread?

bmp

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
ICS is fine, much better than gingerbread in many ways. It's just Huawei's implementation of it on the G300 was a bit s***. B952 is better than anything else they've delivered so far, ICS wise.

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users