Re. bricked G300 after 28/11 OTA update (Huawei will reset)

Guest Mobilerab

Guest Mobilerab

Huawei are resetting handsets after the 60Mb OTA update broke some phones. You'll need your IMEI and S/N. Good for them.

Huawei tech support is 0844 800 6800.

Guest MrPuddington
I think the updater is deleting files before its meant to so it can't upgrade. This is what I gathered from the Vodafone eforum.

I find this not surprising, but still kind of shocking. It seems like the software development at Huawei is completely out of control - they cannot even get an update to work properly.

Guest unaszplodrmann

they cannot even get an update to work properly.

Huawei's firmware for the G300 facilitates remote vibration of your phone, but if you try to update it, it might break. With these key facts in mind, we can therefore extrapolate the likely impact of Huawei securing major telecoms contracts in the UK...

... But seriously, I'm sure they sink a lot more resources into infrastructure work than they do on promoting their brand via budget phones for the little people... :unsure: :o

Guest MrPuddington
... But seriously, I'm sure they sink a lot more resources into infrastructure work than they do on promoting their brand via budget phones for the little people... :unsure: :o

Yes, and I am sure the incompetence is strictly limited to the consumer software department...