Your opinion,please !

Guest 66yyhhnn66

Guest 66yyhhnn66

So i've got myself a nice G300 which came with Gingerbread. Vodafone offered me the ICS update,but as I went through some posts I found out that the ICS is rather slower than Gingerbread on the G300. So I read on and found out about custom ROMs. But there are so many I don't even know which one to start with/which one is the best.

So I'm asking you,guide me to the truth !

My top priority : Speed,responsivness,lag free,etc,etc. The main point should be this: Must be faster,more lag-free and less buggy than the stock Gingerbread the phone came with.

Waiting for your responses.

Guest 66yyhhnn66

I don't need radio. Well,I think I'll go with CM9 then.

Can you direct me to a tutorial of installing CM9 for an absolute beginner in Android OS?

Unlock 1st if you need to do that. Update to ics, then unlock bootloader and root using the tool in the stickied posts. Install clockwork 6.0.1.9 then download and flash CM9 latest.

Guest Modzilla

Agreed.. CM9 all the way, Dazzozo has worked his ass off to offer up a faster, more stable solution to stock ics and he's done an amazing job so far. Definitely look into trying it out, you won't be disappointed.

Guest Redflake

Nothing fanboy about recommending CM9. It's the best out there. It's the people who refuse to admit it as bugs and deride anyone who tries to report bugs who p**s me off. :-)

Unlock 1st if you need to do that. Update to ics, then unlock bootloader and root using the tool in the stickied posts. Install clockwork 6.0.1.9 then download and flash CM9 latest.
backing up.... The huawei app doesn't work fully in ics. Personally I've used sms and call backup (2 apps) across all roms as it's important to me. Titanium backup works really well too, though I'd avoid anything system related. Best install all apps fresh and recover data if you need to. Internal sd can get wiped randomly, thanks huawei.

Guest tcpaulh

Nothing fanboy about recommending CM9. It's the best out there. It's the people who refuse to admit it as bugs and deride anyone who tries to report bugs who p**s me off. :-)

Guess we need a logcat etc guide...

Guest unaszplodrmann

Guess we need a logcat etc guide...

Or a formal bug tracking system where people can defaecate, cough, I mean "report bugs"... Perhaps not!

Guest blademaster123

CM9, Infusion or stock plus for me ( i found all 3 really fast) but in the end when all the stuff are fixed CM9 ftw

Edited by blademaster123

Guest MrPuddington

I think it is without any doubt CM9. Yes, it is a bit experimental, but it is so much faster and so much more powerful, and the issues are well known. Any stock based ROM seems to have a whole range of poorly understood issues. That being said, Infusion is actually quite good, and I like the themes.