Anyone got B885 still?

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Has anyone got the B885 update.app they can share here please? I have some g300s for family. First one I started with had B882 so had low volume issue. Did OTA update and its gone to something like B952 or something like that and the volume is no better. Will force B885 and see if that fixes it if I can get hold of it. Thanks.

I've found you can't downgrade from B952. The official Gingerbread downgrade doesn't work, and neither do any other update.app files - the pink bar never completes and ou get errors in a log. I've contacted Huawei and Vodafone, but they're useless so far.

Guest Frankish

Imei hack method should work fine I imagine. I cant give this to my brother with the volume issue still so I need B885 desperately. I wonder why it isn't fixed with an even newer update? Stupid Huawei. Got 2 more to do after this one I imagine all will be on B882 so will really need B885 update.app. Someone must have it somewhere :D

Guest kieranswhite

I'll have a look

edit ill try and upload it in a bit

edit 2. gonna upload to my google drive.

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest kieranswhite

why cant you use b888??

i also found the b885 OTA file which is only 14mb if you are upgrading,this fixes the audio problems/

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest Frankish
why cant you use b888??

i also found the b885 OTA file which is only 14mb if you are upgrading,this fixes the audio problems/

Maybe B888 works too but B885 is just the last one I remember definitely fixing volume as in the "official" volume fix.

Thanks for the upload too tcpaulh that should sort it with some imei hackery now. Also figured out why I can never download from solidfiles with stock browser, changed user agent to desktop and boom all gone well.

This is why I love this community.