• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

goddeex

goddeex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Acer E330 Liquid Glow
Unfortunately, my sim card is still not recognized. Do you know if I have to enable something in the kernel (like a modem driver) to be able to use it as a phone ? I must C I work with acer sources and .config from the device's stock kernel (with mod for USB-OTG that does not work, don't recognize my usb key with usb host cable).

goddeex

goddeex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Ok, I searched a little bit, it may because of msm_proc_version_check() that I don't have modem enabled. I will test it.

lupohirp

lupohirp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Ok, I searched a little bit, it may because of msm_proc_version_check() that I don't have modem enabled. I will test it.

nope...it isn't that...that function check only if your processor is single or dual-core....but it works only if you have a dual core and add some special routines.....haveyou tried my kernel using msm7627a-perf-defconfig?? on my phone it works good...

Feel free to

Posted Image

goddeex

goddeex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Thkx for the info, yes, but indeeed SMEM_PC_OEM_CHECK_VERSION didn't exist, so I commented the code and let only return 0;
However my kernel didn't work. But: I found that my kernel hang only if I copy the modules to the system directory of the initramfs. Also I did a chmod on the *.ko files and copied them in a zip that I restored using vache's restore CWM, however using kernel from CustomKernel.zip. After that, I had wifi and rfcomm on the kernel from CustomKernel.

lupohirp

lupohirp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Thkx for the info, yes, but indeeed SMEM_PC_OEM_CHECK_VERSION didn't exist, so I commented the code and let only return 0;
However my kernel didn't work. But: I found that my kernel hang only if I copy the modules to the system directory of the initramfs. Also I did a chmod on the *.ko files and copied them in a zip that I restored using vache's restore CWM, however using kernel from CustomKernel.zip. After that, I had wifi and rfcomm on the kernel from CustomKernel.

try my kernel published yesterday if works....if works then my sources works also for you...and i can get UTG for you in next releases

Feel free to

Posted Image

goddeex

goddeex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
That would be a good thing. I'd like to try myself if I have enough time, I am interested in the linux kernel's internals, but I will try your kernel and see if it works. However, sorry to tell you that I don't do this for any particular compagny, so I have no job for you. I try this in my spare time, just for fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users