[GB][Stock/CM7][Port][TESTING]- Swedish Snow

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Hello there everybody.

Firstly, I'd like to thank Raverrr for his Fish N Chips ROM, Sebastian404 for his Debranded ROM, Konsta T for the original Blade Swedish Snow and finally C3C0 for his port of Swedish Snow for the Skate. I'd also like to thank XMasterNinni for his incredible Porting Tool which allows absolute amateurs like myself to port ROMs.

Me and BLu3HaZe both had a similar idea of what we would love to see in a ROM. We wanted a 2.3.5 Stock GB ROM (Fully working) with the functionality and extras that Cyanogenmod offers. After a brief chat we discovered Swedish Snow- Which is available for the Skate and Blade. We are both aware of the BETA build that XMasterNinni created but as it's not being updated we decided to take it into our own hands.

We may also have a little surprise for you all if this goes as planned...

Now, this is where we need your help. Testing ROMs is tedious and it's hard work for 2 people to test 4 different builds at the same time. So I'd love to know if anybody would like to help us out.

I ported *4* different versions (Please name them 1,2,3 and 4 when talking about them- Keeps it easier for me to know which one you're going to be testing/discussing) of the Swedish Snow ROM- Hoping that one of them will work better than the others.

1) Fish N Chips as the base with the Blade variant of Swedish Snow.

2) Debranded ROM as the base with the Skate variant of Swedish Snow.

3) Fish N Chips as the base with the Skate variant of Swedish Snow.

4) Debranded ROM as the base with the Blade variant of Swedish Snow.

I'm currently uploading the 4 builds to my Google Drive which can be found here.

Me and BLu3HaZe have limited knowledge and experience in terms of development so any help by the community is very much appreciated and hopefully we'll be able to release a stable build suitable for daily use sometime in the near future.

Thank you.

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

This post is reserved for updating the status on the ROMs- Such as what works etc

I'm currently testing #1.It installs and boots.

The splash screen is the FNC one that I created for Raverrr a while back so I'll have to change that at some point.

Problem #1 - The keyboard seems to be erm a bit small

Mobile data is working straight away and my device is syncing everything so that's good.

Calls works.

WiFi works.

Sensors are working.

Front/Rear camera both work.

Flashlight works.

Camcorder works.

USB Mass Storage.

Root access works.

Keyboard is fixed- Just need to replace the keyboard apk.

Front camera is upside down.- Will try flipped kernel.- Flipped kernel didn't work unfortunately.

Basically- No problems.

And the build info says FNC- I'll adjust it.

Just created a new build. Testing it now. I replaced the keyboard apk, added a few CM7 apps to see if they will work on this ROM. I also changed the build name, oh and I have changed the media files to the ICS ones.

New build didn't do what I wanted:( Sad times. I'll try and get a good build out by the end of the night.

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest AmbushReality
This post is reserved for updating the status on the ROMs- Such as what works etc

I'm currently testing #1.

It installs and boots.

The splash screen is the FNC one that I created for Raverrr a while back so I'll have to change that at some point.

Problem #1 - The keyboard seems to be erm a bit small

Mobile data is working straight away and my device is syncing everything so that's good.

Calls works.

WiFi works.

Sensors are working.

Try using a different keyboard APK, like from the actual CM7

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

This thread is unnecessary, it seems the port is stable enough for daily use. I'll edit the things that need editing and start a new thread.

It'll be up and ready for daily use by 9pm GMT.