Jiayu G3

Guest putbinoot

Guest irishpancake

fair play to ya guy....

ya don't sound at all like I imagined...Scottish!!

5732 Antutu...v.good!!

Video...v.good...is it snowing in Scotland?? Are you using MX??

Good review....just what ppl want normal stuff, no BS.

Just Mackerel fillets....in Tomato & Olive Oil :D :P

Thanx

Edited by irishpancake

Guest putbinoot

fair play to ya guy....

ya don't sound at all like I imagined...Scottish!!

5732 Antutu...v.good!!

Video...v.good...is it snowing in Scotland?? Are you using MX??

Good review....just what ppl want normal stuff, no BS.

Just Mackerel fillets....in Tomato & Olive Oil :D :P

Thanx

Used mx player and VPlayer, VPlayer seemed to handles the mkv files better. I need to try and get some clips that are mkv,avi and alike with reasonable bit rates to test them, movie trailers somewhere is my best bet i think.

@putbinoot : have you tried the radio on it yet?

Just went hunting for my headphones for you and found them. Radio works a treat you have , scan, manual input, recording, channel list, favourites which puts all your favs at the top of the channel list. Only thing with the channel list is it does not find the station name for the frequency not sure if that is normal but when you turn it to a favourite you can edit the title to what you want and if you un favourite it the title stays to what you put and it just goes back down the list into frequency order, hope that makes sense. Another thing I always wanted with previous phones you can pick to have the sound coming out the headphones or headphones and phone speaker meaning you can listen to radio without having to wear your headphones. Just noticed RDS which finds the station name and displays it for you and with radio 1 also track now playing you still have to edit the channel list manually but thats no problem. You just have to watch if you name a station on the channel list and remove it from favourites if you re-scan then you lose it from the list which I think is the norm.

Will do another vid as keep finding things and missed a few things in the first one.

Guest wassupjg

Hey putbinoot (put the bin out?), nice review.

Obviously you took the punt to buy a great spec'd phone for cheap from China, and that if a problem occured it would be a pain, or not very feasible to send it back under any warranty. You said the build quality is excellent - has this put your initial fears to rest of some problems occuring in the future?

Basically, are you fearful of mishandeling it, or fairly confident it will hold its own, of course, only based on early impressions?

Guest breesey

Nice one, have taken a chance on one of these on the strength of your reviews, hope it arrives before christmas! Any devs planning on getting hold of one?

Guest FrankieADZ

Used mx player and VPlayer, VPlayer seemed to handles the mkv files better. I need to try and get some clips that are mkv,avi and alike with reasonable bit rates to test them, movie trailers somewhere is my best bet i think.

Just went hunting for my headphones for you and found them. Radio works a treat you have , scan, manual input, recording, channel list, favourites which puts all your favs at the top of the channel list. Only thing with the channel list is it does not find the station name for the frequency not sure if that is normal but when you turn it to a favourite you can edit the title to what you want and if you un favourite it the title stays to what you put and it just goes back down the list into frequency order, hope that makes sense. Another thing I always wanted with previous phones you can pick to have the sound coming out the headphones or headphones and phone speaker meaning you can listen to radio without having to wear your headphones. Just noticed RDS which finds the station name and displays it for you and with radio 1 also track now playing you still have to edit the channel list manually but thats no problem. You just have to watch if you name a station on the channel list and remove it from favourites if you re-scan then you lose it from the list which I think is the norm.

Will do another vid as keep finding things and missed a few things in the first one.

Thanks for that :D

Think I might well get 1 of these sometime soon I think.

Guest putbinoot

Hey putbinoot (put the bin out?), nice review.

Obviously you took the punt to buy a great spec'd phone for cheap from China, and that if a problem occured it would be a pain, or not very feasible to send it back under any warranty. You said the build quality is excellent - has this put your initial fears to rest of some problems occuring in the future?

Basically, are you fearful of mishandeling it, or fairly confident it will hold its own, of course, only based on early impressions?

Not fearful at all but like anything something can go wrong later, only thing that's going to get any use are the jacks and switches but they could fail on a Samsung or lg phone. But the build makes me feel that I will have no problems and if i do well that's the only time you find out if a company or seller stand behind their product. Also there may be copies out there but this one from uredeal.com seems ok and I think ejiayu.com have a shop although I think you need to read Chinese to get through it.

Guest putbinoot

Now Rooted thanks to Bin4ry one click tool on xda and ICS spellcheck fixed thanks to davepwsmith on modaco.

Hopefully some devs get in on the action although it's running nice and Jelly Bean is promised so not sure what they would do to this apart from have fun.

Also the front camera works a treat for skype and Netflix also works great.

Edited by putbinoot

Now Rooted thanks to Bin4ry one click tool on xda and ICS spellcheck fixed thanks to davepwsmith on modaco.

Hopefully some devs get in on the action although it's running nice and Jelly Bean is promised so not sure what they would do to this apart from have fun.

Was this using the Xperia S method http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460?

Also the front camera works a treat for skype and Netflix also works great.

Could you upload a sample video take from it?

Guest putbinoot

Was this using the Xperia S method http://forum.xda-dev....php?t=1886460?

Could you upload a sample video take from it?

That's the very one installed, pdanetA302.exe which I think installed the right drivers when i connected the phone in debugging mode then watched this video and followed it picking option 1 normal hit enter hit restore on the phone no password needed unless you have set one let phone reboot and job done. By the time you get to 5.10 in the video your done.

will try and get some front camera footage tomorrow and upload it.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest reganlives

Ordered mine from uredeal.com on 26th November. Its been despatched so cant wait for it to arrive. I ordered the silver one which is the popular one but unfortunatly they ran out of stock when I ordered and were having difficulties in getting more silver ones in, apparently due to supply issues at the Jiayu factory. Anyway, I got offered to take the grey or black one if wanted so gone for the grey instead and they've even thrown in a case for me for free as I've promised to do a review. As soon as I get it I'll put plenty of pics etc up.

Was it easy to root though? Do you have a step by step?

Guest putbinoot

Also an untouched image taken from its camera pls.

Realistic review btw.

Just some taken out front door with camera set as it came out the box. Will have a look at settings to see if I can change anything. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t2q8zy363b2p6ar/yFUVx48J9-

Ordered mine from uredeal.com on 26th November. Its been despatched so cant wait for it to arrive. I ordered the silver one which is the popular one but unfortunatly they ran out of stock when I ordered and were having difficulties in getting more silver ones in, apparently due to supply issues at the Jiayu factory. Anyway, I got offered to take the grey or black one if wanted so gone for the grey instead and they've even thrown in a case for me for free as I've promised to do a review. As soon as I get it I'll put plenty of pics etc up.

See post 2 up with youtube video, if you are not sure i could write a step by step.

Guest putbinoot

Guest putbinoot

Small problem the root process seems to have worked but the recovery side hasn't we android man had exclamation mark and pressing home as seen on some video has no effect. Can you flash clockworkmod as a zip file ie (update.zip) does anyone know.

Guest reganlives

Thanks for the link mate. Is this the step by step you used? Also, as the recovery doesnt work, is it advisable not to try rooting yet? Mine hasnt arrived yet and I'm new to andriod so I guess recovery is for restoring backups?

Guest putbinoot

<p>yeah recovery is for backups,  unless there is an app you want to use that needs root or some dev starts making custom roms I would not bother.</p> I don't know why I bothered, just to see if it worked, boredom is a dangerous thing.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest putbinoot

did u manage to get it sorted Pin?

Not got the original recovery replaced just yet as I am having trouble getting the flash tool to find the phone I have however found out other things which I have been putting in this thread linked as I thought I better take this conversation out the G300 forum.http://www.modaco.com/topic/359590-jiayu-g3-recovery-fail-fixed/#entry2063123

Guest FrankieADZ

Not got the original recovery replaced just yet as I am having trouble getting the flash tool to find the phone I have however found out other things which I have been putting in this thread linked as I thought I better take this conversation out the G300 forum.http://www.modaco.co...d/#entry2063123

ah ok,

thanks for the thread link :)

you guys should check out the Newman N2 as it is only around £20 more. It has a Quad Core 1.4 GHz Samsung processor, 1 gig of ram, a HUGE 13 megapixel camera ect.

I made a thread here if you are interested