101 replies to this topic

niza2000in

niza2000in

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G3
Hi All G3 Owners,

Can you please sharer the Jiayu G3 battery experience....I have problem with my battery and full charge standby show only 33hours...

reganlives

reganlives

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G3 (Blackberry for work)
My G3 is currently on its first charge but I will leave it to drain fully and let you know how long it lasts. I charged it overnight last night and have been messing around with it a bit today. Still trying to understand it all etc and I also need to do the latest update yet but will do that on the weekend as havent purchased an sd card yet.

Shahmatt

Shahmatt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G2 (6577), OSF, E51

Hi,

Thanks for reply....I have done all the things what you have mentioned...still same problem.....

Can you please tell me this because of hardware problem or software problem.... Regarding GPS is very tough time to get signal...

Hmmmm. I'm not sure what the trouble is then. A strange problem to me. You've tried Juicedefender? What kind of battery life are you getting now?

Yes, I think the GPS antenna is weak on these phones.

niza2000in

niza2000in

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hmmmm. I'm not sure what the trouble is then. A strange problem to me. You've tried Juicedefender? What kind of battery life are you getting now?

Yes, I think the GPS antenna is weak on these phones.

Hi,

Even i switched off the GPS signal and tried battery life with Juice Defender..... Still have the problem....

Any you please suggest any apps can show the correct standby time...

niza2000in

niza2000in

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

My G3 is currently on its first charge but I will leave it to drain fully and let you know how long it lasts. I charged it overnight last night and have been messing around with it a bit today. Still trying to understand it all etc and I also need to do the latest update yet but will do that on the weekend as havent purchased an sd card yet.

No problem, take your own time and let me know the status...

reganlives

reganlives

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Ok, at the moment my battery is at 67%. I havent started using the phone properly yet and will be transferring over to it this weekend but I have been messing around on it downloading apps etc over wifi. The wireless has been on most of the time as well other than in the evening when I switched it off.

For a comparison, my Nokia X6 which I've had since new automatically connects to any access point which its been connected to before so the wireless is always on but I've turned off the automatic scanning on it and the battery on that lasts easily 3-4 days I think with mixed use.

niza2000in

niza2000in

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,

For GPS Fix, try the following things, but am not tried these because GPS already working for me.

1. Download this file : http://www.mediafire.com/?13b8nskz5x0hhar
2. Make sure you have an updated Nandroid backup
3. Flash this file in ClockWorkMode Recovery and reboot.
4. See if the gps works.
5. If it doesn't work, restore stock ics gps H/W from here http://www.mediafire.com/?69wld5el79b7xl5
6. If it does work, ENJOY!

irishpancake

irishpancake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy SIII GT-I9300

I would not recommend fully draining any Battery as this can be harmful. Better to charge at 30/35%

There is nothing to be gained, as there is no memory effect with li-ion batteries and fully discharging could mean permanently damage.

Now got Galaxy S III I9300 ...and Momo11 Bird Tablet running Christian Troy CM9....the wife has an Ascend g300 running?? Stock+ R6 from Cyda!!

Get Dropbox....Please click and get 2GB free plus 250Mb for referral...Dropbox is useful

reganlives

reganlives

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Thanks irishpancake. I'll keep that in mind. So do newer batteries not act like they used to on older phones?

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Jiayu G3.

Hi All G3 Owners,

Can you please sharer the Jiayu G3 battery experience....I have problem with my battery and full charge standby show only 33hours...

Where are you getting the 33hours figure from, have you set wifi to go off when phone sleeps what is your screen brightness set at, mine is one bar from the notification area and is plenty bright for me.

Posted Image

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Hi All,

Am new to android, after long searching i bought Jiayu G3...Spec is really nice and fast...

But my problem is full charge of battery standby showing only 31 hours....Charging takes more than five hours to complete from 35% to 100%.

Am in big trouble, my battery will not last for 10 hours for normal usage with 100% charge....

What are you using to charge your phone, usb socket on pc, supplied charger or another charger and what is the charge current rating of it. For a 500ma charger you are looking at 4-6hrs from 35%-100% depending on the quality of charger and it's efficiency losses.

Posted Image

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
The Jiayu g4 has just been unveiled, and is going to be the exact same price as the G3 (£120-150). I assume the G3 will also be lowered once the g4 hits the market, which is nice.

http://www.gizchina....on-and-pricing/

Specs:

Android

Quad Core

4.7 inch HD OGS display

3000mah and 1800mah versions

13 MP camera

Photos:

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1356652234999.jpg   15.38KB   44 downloads

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1356652256780.jpg   3.26KB   43 downloads

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1356652277963.jpg   13.94KB   38 downloads

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

reganlives

reganlives

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Right then, after now having been using my G3 as my main phone for about a week I would say that with slightly higher than average usage the battery life is approx 2-2.5 days. Taking this into account, if/when I stop messing around with it then this should increase I think hopefully to 3-4 days if my estimations are correct.

dbaseii

dbaseii

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Devices:POV Mobii 10.1
  • Twitter:@dbase
Hi guys
Just bought the G3 from antelife for £137 including DHL shipping.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Hi guys
Just bought the G3 from antelife for £137 including DHL shipping.

You should of waited for the G4 ;)

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

You should of waited for the G4 ;)

And then what wait for the G5, as soon as something is released it's out of date almost. Just buy what you need, my G3 does everything I need.

Posted Image

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
have to agree with u there. if u dont like the bigger screen go for the G2S.

in terms of value. I'd certainly say its one of the best phones out there. having used it for a good couple of weeks now. just waiting for the official JB update :)

gn123

gn123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
What's the build quality like on the G3? Think it could survive a couple of drops?

Looking at the G4, it looks like it might support the 900mhz band O2 and Giffgaff use for their 3G/HSDPA. I might have the chance to pick one up from Hong Kong in the summer if it is out by then.

reganlives

reganlives

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Build quality of the G3 is really good. I think it may survive drops but I would advise keeping it in a case. I managed to get one of the original Jiayu cases thrown in when I bought mine and its not bad but as its such a tight fit like other cases it has the tendency of getting in the way of the screen protector. I'm going to try and get a better screen protector to put on which will stay on even if I have a case on.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

And then what wait for the G5, as soon as something is released it's out of date almost. Just buy what you need, my G3 does everything I need.

Yeah that's true, it took Jiayu ages to release the G3 :D

However, the G1/2/2S was released on time, so the Jiayu G4 may be released on time too. I'm sure the G3's release time was just a mistake.

P.s. There may be a G5 too, but it will be a 5 inch phone to compete with other phablets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users