I'm seriously considering getting one of these. The only thing holding me back slightly is the fact that it only supports 3g @ 2100mhz. Does anyone have any opinions as to whether this is a major drawback or not. I would probably be using it with a GiffGaff sim which runs on the o2 network and so supports 3g on both the 900mhz & 2100mhz bands.
Also, is anyone using their Jiayu G3 with two sims in it. I was just wondering how this works as I've never used a dual sim phone before. I would want to have my work sim in one slot which I'm not allowed to use data on and a GiffGaff sim in the other slot which I would want to use for the 3g data. Would this work and can both sims be active at the same time.
I suppose my questions are:
1. Can it receive a call from either sim all the time.
2. What if you are talking on one sim and a call comes in on the other sim
3. Can you be browsing the internet using data on one sim and receive a call on the other sim
4. can you select which sim to use for data and turn it off on the other sim
5. Will the lack of WCDMA 900mhz be a drawback
I found various articles and youtube videos showing making a call on a dual sim phone and selecting which sim to use but nothing regarding the data side of it and receiving calls on two seperate sims.
Any advice on the above things would be most welcome.
ive had mine for a good month now and I have to say its well worth the money.
I'm using 2 sims in mine atm, tho all be it my main Sim is Orange/EE PAYG and the other is 3 3G Sim.
both seem to work fine, did have issues getting MMS with my orange sim but thats been fixed
on ur questions
1.Im not 100% sure tbf.
2. not sure either
3. yes you can, I've done this a number of times.
4. well 1 sim is GSM and another is WCDMA but I think u can get 3g on both. not 100% sure tho
5. I thought it would be a draw back, but then again. I never had it
heres a thread where most us G3 owners tend to go, http://www.modaco.co...ll-check-fixed/