[GUIDE] How to change your boot splash image

Guest mikeioannina

Guest mikeioannina

1) Open/create an image in GIMP with a resolution of 240x320

2) Flip the image horizontally (make sure you FLIP don't ROTATE by 180 or text etc will be reversed)

3) Save The image as ".bmp" and expand the advanced settings menu

4) Choose The format as "16bit format R5 G6 B5"

5) Save the file as "logo.bmp"

6) Make sure the file size is 153670 bytes

7) Download the attached sample zip and replace "logo.bmp" in cache folder with your own

8) Flash the zip through CWM Recovery and enjoy the new boot logo

The attached zip includes a custom splash image made by me for RacerMod rom, try it and tell me if you like it :)

8TAe9.jpg

splash-racermod.zip

Edited by mikeioannina

• 1 month later...
Guest noobzone

I had the same problem with the installation. error 0. after a little bit of search I found it was the binary. just replace the "update-binary" in \META-INF\com\google\android with a update binary from a rom or something that you know it can be installed on your racer. just a temp-fix until the perm-fix ;)

EDIT: are you sure it is the same path? I installed with no error but still got the same android green robot... I didn't change the script only the binary

Edited by noobzone

Guest mikeioannina

I had the same problem with the installation. error 0. after a little bit of search I found it was the binary. just replace the "update-binary" in \META-INF\com\google\android with a update binary from a rom or something that you know it can be installed on your racer. just a temp-fix until the perm-fix ;)

EDIT: are you sure it is the same path? I installed with no error but still got the same android green robot... I didn't change the script only the binary

This guide changes the initial zte logo. The partition path is the same for all zte phones