This ROM only works on a device running baseband version 2030 that has been upgraded through the official Ice Cream Sandwich process. It is compatible with both the U8815 and U8818 models.
You have entered the not-Android zone!
This is Mozilla's take on a mobile OS that is pretty much as far from Android as you can get with an Android device. It is not compatible with Android apps, and instead runs web apps in Gecko (Firefox's rendering engine). It's currently still in development and apparently won't be available commercially until sometime next year. You probably won't be using it as a daily because in many respects it is lacking, though the port matches and probably even somehow beats CM in terms of completion because of some magic it seems to be capable of performing regarding mobile network names.
Read more here: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Firefox_OS
I mostly did this as a bit of fun and to see how much the device depended on CM when building from source. I hope it'll be a viable OS at some point in the future but for now it's fun to have a play with. Until it matures, this ROM is basically provided as-is and it'll be updated on less of a schedule compared to CM (which you may have noticed by now that we average weekly releases). It takes a huge amount of perseverance to crank a build out for this.
B2G also flashes some initial webapp data to the data partition -- if you wipe data with B2G installed it could potentially break the ROM, not sure, haven't tested.
Why does everything look a little disproportionate?
Because B2G is currently being built and tested on a certain device with 320x480 resolution. A lot of things are hardcoded and trust me, it was a lot worse before I hacked the lockscreen values for a resolution of 480x800.
- Boot in to Recovery by turning the phone off, and turning it on while holding the volume up key.
- 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset'
- 'Install zip from sdcard' -> 'Choose zip from sdcard' -> ROM
- 'Reboot System Now'
- Give it time - first boot takes longer than usual and it reboots once during the first boot. You may also sit on the Huawei splash screen for longer than usual because there is no boot animation.
- tilal6991 - being awesome and cradling me from birth to dev
- Fagulhas - being a super co-"fixer of all the things" (co-developer)
- alanorth - Ascend Y100 (U8185) relations - turns out they're pretty similar
- qiwu huang, genokolar, omegamoon and PaulMilbank - various contributions during periods of insanity
- The IRC regulars - fun times
- Mozilla and everyone who works on B2G, as well as the CM team as the hardware support comes from CM repositories.
- samjam x2
- Umrtvovacz x2
- goekane x3
- Valicek1 x2
- 22point8 x3
- Hans Gruber