[B2G] Firefox OS for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 06/12]
Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:00 PM
Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:35 PM
Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:19 PM
Its quite unlikely, considering it was last updated 6 months ago today.
Any news about some updates?
Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!
Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815)
(Ignore this link above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)
The ROMS I have used:
Hello. I am really busy at the moment, so if you PM me, or need help from me, don't expect a reply for a few days. Thanks
Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!
Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!
Did I help you?
(If not, Press it anyway!)
If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!
Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:09 AM
Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:41 PM
error: index-pack died of signal 92) fatal: index-pack failed error: Cannot fetch platform/prebuilt error: Exited sync due to fetch errors Repo sync failed
Edited by mihairu, 14 June 2013 - 05:39 PM.
Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:56 AM
Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:21 AM
rule no 1!
Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:49 AM
I tried the current version -- for those who missed that, there are fastboot images few pages back, and the directory listing they are in says that they are relatively current, though I don't know when Mozilla pushed the 1.0 update, and it basically works, but not really.
- Basic UI works, but it appears it doesn't know how big the screen is, so everything is really small. Okay something is scaled correctly, like keyboard, but lot of things aren't.
- The GUI works differently from android -- it took me some time to realize it, but you can't use simple taps to run apps, you have to hold the icon for about a second. Otherwise, it will interpret the tap as moving the desktop and not run app. Now, this might not be actual feature and just something broken on g300.
- Some of the UI works strangely. Sometimes the UI won't accept me clicking on input field. Mail does this, for example.
- Here maps have hillariously the same problems they have in the simulator, when run, they will show you folder, and you have to select index.html to start them
- Video doesn't work.
- MP3 player works.
- Marketplace doesn't work.
- Phonecalls, sms work.
I guess the screen DPI is set somewhere in the build process, but since I didn't build it and just fastboot flashed it, I don't know. But I will take a look at the build process later, perhaps on the weekend.
Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:29 AM
Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:02 AM
Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:33 AM
Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:15 AM
FM Radio didn't work - phone reboot
Camera didn't work
Video player didn't work
It would be nice if Camera works but I don't know where might be a problem
and of course, only home button is working right now
Edited by mihairu, 24 July 2013 - 07:22 AM.
Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:17 AM
Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:44 AM
git checkout mozillaorg/v1.1.0hd in gaia and gecko folder
and then ./build.sh
maybe it could work with
BRANCH=v1.1.0hd ./config.sh ascend-g300
but i didn't test it
and my .userconfig:
Edited by mihairu, 24 July 2013 - 08:49 AM.
Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:02 AM
Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:17 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users