Photo

Jiayu G3 rooted / permanent recovery / ICS spell check fixed & Jelly Bean Update.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Jiayu G3.
BUMP for UPDATE 6 in post 1

Edited by putbinoot, 15 December 2012 - 10:02 PM.

Posted Image

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

BUMP for UPDATE 6 in post 1

nice 1, as u said in Update 6, if you'd do a new post/thread explaining how you did it would certainly help others :)

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
Bummer, just discovered the phone does not have HSDPA so no 3.5G acccess.

Posted Image

reganlives

reganlives

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G3 (Blackberry for work)
My G3 arrived yesterday. I had it posted to my parents house so going to pick it up tonight. Cant wait! Putinboot, I look forward to your instructions :)

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Bummer, just discovered the phone does not have HSDPA so no 3.5G acccess.

u still have 3g access tho?....

by the time the whole of the UK gets 4g....Japan will be on something quicker. lol

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

My G3 arrived yesterday. I had it posted to my parents house so going to pick it up tonight. Cant wait! Putinboot, I look forward to your instructions :)

all files you need here in one place.https://www.dropbox....xhag/utQJgR3ErX

Hope you like it and as you probably want to get straight to it I will link to a root video as mine is not up yet and I am nightshift tonight.
a video you can watch he also has links to files in description.
https://www.youtube....h?v=OpxgavcJKow

check if you have standard recovery, shutdown phone but make sure quick boot is not checked in system settings\accesibilty - quick boot- un tick if ticked.
the voulme up + power button hold until you see it boot and it should boot into standard recovery. If not it does not matter it's just out of curiosity. if it goes into recovery just select reboot with the power button if android is on his arse just leave phone and it will reboot when screen goes off, might take a minute or two or you can pull battery.

1 - watch the video
2 - Install pdanet program and near the end a box comes up plug your phone in with debugging enabled from development options and it will finish and install the drivers.
3 - Save the bin4ry v17 root zip extract to bin4ry v17 root using your zip program and you should end up with 2 files and a folder (called stuff) in a folder called Bin4ry v17 root. copy this fold and go to start
click my computer and paste the folder into your C:\ drive (just makes less typing when you are looking for it.)
4 - click start and in search bar type cmd then hit enter and a command prompt window should appear saying something like . c:\Users\Your name or computer name here\ ie c:\Users\putbinoot>. need to get to work will try edit later if i get a moment.

Edited by putbinoot, 18 December 2012 - 04:59 PM.

Posted Image

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

u still have 3g access tho?....

by the time the whole of the UK gets 4g....Japan will be on something quicker. lol

yes still 3G. Only noticed as I was in a room inside a building with no windows and all concrete and the signal kept dropping to edge but huawei g300 would stay at H as it supports HSDPA.

Edited by putbinoot, 18 December 2012 - 04:31 PM.

Posted Image

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
whats the wifi like on the G3 btw?range and that.?
Forgot to ask

reganlives

reganlives

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

all files you need here in one place.https://www.dropbox....xhag/utQJgR3ErX

Hope you like it and as you probably want to get straight to it I will link to a root video as mine is not up yet and I am nightshift tonight.
a video you can watch he also has links to files in description.
https://www.youtube....h?v=OpxgavcJKow

check if you have standard recovery, shutdown phone but make sure quick boot is not checked in system settings\accesibilty - quick boot- un tick if ticked.
the voulme up + power button hold until you see it boot and it should boot into standard recovery. If not it does not matter it's just out of curiosity. if it goes into recovery just select reboot with the power button if android is on his arse just leave phone and it will reboot when screen goes off, might take a minute or two or you can pull battery.

1 - watch the video
2 - Install pdanet program and near the end a box comes up plug your phone in with debugging enabled from development options and it will finish and install the drivers.
3 - Save the bin4ry v17 root zip extract to bin4ry v17 root using your zip program and you should end up with 2 files and a folder (called stuff) in a folder called Bin4ry v17 root. copy this fold and go to start
click my computer and paste the folder into your C:\ drive (just makes less typing when you are looking for it.)
4 - click start and in search bar type cmd then hit enter and a command prompt window should appear saying something like . c:\Users\Your name or computer name here\ ie c:\Users\putbinoot>. need to get to work will try edit later if i get a moment.

Thanks very much mate. Firstly...I love the phone! lol...Quality is really good for a chinese device and the screen is excellent and responsive. I need to get an sd card for it yet but I'll do that on the weekend.

First thing I've checked is the recovery and Android is on his arse!...Does this mean that the standard recovery isnt there or doesnt work? Where do I go from here?

I would love to actually take a rom dump of the phone as it is unrooted for future reference but is this possible? Once I've done this I will proceed with rooting and learning android as this is my first android device.

Thanks again

Edit: Putinboot: I have found the below link regarding installation of recovery. Did you by any chance look into this?

http://techideki.com...-recovery-mode/

Edited by reganlives, 19 December 2012 - 04:14 PM.

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Thanks very much mate. Firstly...I love the phone! lol...Quality is really good for a chinese device and the screen is excellent and responsive. I need to get an sd card for it yet but I'll do that on the weekend.

First thing I've checked is the recovery and Android is on his arse!...Does this mean that the standard recovery isnt there or doesnt work? Where do I go from here?

I would love to actually take a rom dump of the phone as it is unrooted for future reference but is this possible? Once I've done this I will proceed with rooting and learning android as this is my first android device.

Thanks again

Edit: Putinboot: I have found the below link regarding installation of recovery. Did you by any chance look into this?

http://techideki.com...-recovery-mode/

yes i did, but it's easier getting the recovery on using mobileuncle than sp flash all the files you need are in that folder i am linking to through my dropbox and i will link to the update as well. Once you get your sd card you are ready to go, just play with the phone until then. What mobile network are you on and have you unchecked system seetings/more/GPRS transfer prefer mode. As my surfing on 3G was better after unchecking that.

update file here http://dl.dropbox.co...1129-082828.zip

Edited by putbinoot, 19 December 2012 - 04:45 PM.

Posted Image

reganlives

reganlives

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
I'm on orange for now mate. Havent fully started using the phone yet as going to move over onto it this weekend hopefully. Thanks for all the files. Its much appreciated. Once I've got used to my phone I may also do a review.

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
hoping my phone comes today :)

reganlives

reganlives

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
If it does then can you also check if you have recovery on yours or if your android is on his arse as well please? Wonder why they havent installed recovery on these when all android devices are normally meant to have some form of it installed.

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

If it does then can you also check if you have recovery on yours or if your android is on his arse as well please? Wonder why they havent installed recovery on these when all android devices are normally meant to have some form of it installed.

how do i do it?
is it Power+ volume up?

also what recovery am i looking for?

Edited by FrankieADZ, 20 December 2012 - 01:41 PM.

reganlives

reganlives

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Putinboot: The update which Jiayu recently released, is that effectivly a standard updated rom by any chance?

reganlives

reganlives

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

how do i do it?
is it Power+ volume up?

also what recovery am i looking for?

Yeh mate its power and volume up at the same time. If it works I think you should be prompted with the recovery menu but if you get android on his arse then you got the same issue as me and putinboot

reganlives

reganlives

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Putinboot: Can you explain a bit further regarding the update files please.

I downloaded the zip and noticed the update.zip file within it but also another folder which had boot images etc in there. I dont know what this is though.

I think this phone needs its own section now lol.

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
how do u get swiftkey to work on the G3?
cant seem to get it to work :S

*ah never mind fixed it now*

Edited by FrankieADZ, 20 December 2012 - 03:49 PM.

reganlives

reganlives

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Guessing your phone has arrived now. Does it have the recovery?

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Guessing your phone has arrived now. Does it have the recovery?

how do u go into recovery?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users