Photo

Jiayu G3 rooted / permanent recovery / ICS spell check fixed & Jelly Bean Update.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

ihome got his working he said.
I add search all around for the APN settings and they were all more or less the same, apart for a couple quoted the
MMS Proxy as 192.168.224.10 instead of the usual 192.168.224.010 Had not really took much notice, but while
I was checking settings and APN you both posted, I gave it a try, it works.

thanks for that, managed to sort of fix it now :)
changed the 010 to just 10 ; made sure I've got the sim registered on Orange 3G and it worked last night to download the MMS i had :)

reganlives

reganlives

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G3 (Blackberry for work)
Putinboot: So is that 4.1.2 jb rom defo official then? I havent been able to find much info...

Also, when you carry out this update, do you lose all apps etc?

Edited by reganlives, 22 January 2013 - 11:35 AM.

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
I haven't heard anything on the JB update for the G3,hope they bring it out.
Not trying the beta versions, think I'll wait until he official full release

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Jiayu G3.
4.1.2 JB is beta and you lose all apps. I have not found any bugs so not sure what or if anything will change from this. Some people have said they have Bluetooth trouble but my X5 headset is fine with music and calls.

Posted Image

ihome

ihome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

4.1.2 JB is beta and you lose all apps. I have not found any bugs so not sure what or if anything will change from this. Some people have said they have Bluetooth trouble but my X5 headset is fine with music and calls.

hi putbinoot,
thanks for posting the jelly bean update, was waiting for the full offical one, but very tempted to give it a try.
when you say lose all your apps, i assume you mean any you have down load from play store?
or does this include google stuff, play store included or is that part of the rom?
any better than the one in the link i posted?
sorry for the the questions, just want to know what to expect if i give it a go.

clivem

clivem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

hi putbinoot,
thanks for posting the jelly bean update, was waiting for the full offical one, but very tempted to give it a try.
when you say lose all your apps, i assume you mean any you have down load from play store?
or does this include google stuff, play store included or is that part of the rom?
sorry for the the questions, just want to know what to expect if i give it a go.

Maybe I can help. Just updated to JB 4.1.2 beta 1. After update it includes play store, gmail\ google search (no google maps but can be downloaded from play store)
A couple of chinese apps that can be uninstalled or disabled.
Seems a worthy update

Edited by clivem, 26 January 2013 - 10:11 PM.

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

hi putbinoot,

yeah maybe not my best explanation, Google play etc is there you just have to download your apps and set everything up again as if phone was new.

Posted Image

ihome

ihome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

yeah maybe not my best explanation, Google play etc is there you just have to download your apps and set everything up again as if phone was new.

thanks clivem and putbinoot,
thats what i thought would be what happened, but just wanted to be sure, think i may it a try.
thanks for the info :D

reganlives

reganlives

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G3 (Blackberry for work)
is there any way which we can backup our current apps etc and restore them to the updated phone?

h@mster81

h@mster81

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G 16GB
Search Market for backup apps.
I've been using Titanium Backup for 2 years now.

noobzilla

noobzilla

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:android
  • Devices:jiayu G3
just got this phone two days ago and was wondering with the jelly bean update is root lost and if so can it just be re rooted (if thats a thing) withg the bin4ry script?
and because its beta what bugs have you noticed if any?
thanks

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

just got this phone two days ago and was wondering with the jelly bean update is root lost and if so can it just be re rooted (if thats a thing) withg the bin4ry script?
and because its beta what bugs have you noticed if any?
thanks

update is pre rooted and I've not found any bugs yet.

Posted Image

noobzilla

noobzilla

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:android
  • Devices:jiayu G3

update is pre rooted and I've not found any bugs yet.

ah okay thank you ill try it on the weekend :) sorry to be annoying but if i do update to jelly bean and i have a nandroid for ics will i be able to use it to restore ics as i had an ascend g300 and the only to get it back from ics to gb was to back up the imei and do some wizardry

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

ah okay thank you ill try it on the weekend :) sorry to be annoying but if i do update to jelly bean and i have a nandroid for ics will i be able to use it to restore ics as i had an ascend g300 and the only to get it back from ics to gb was to back up the imei and do some wizardry

With the G300 the problem with ICS back to GB and vice versa was they where on different basebands ICS and JB are on the same so as long as you use the same app ie CWM for the backup and restore there should not be a problem. So do your back up and also keep a copy on a pc or dropbox account for safe keeping then do the update. I tried the update using the onboard system update app but that failed, i then flashed using the spflash tool which went ok. I have had alot of problems with using the flash tool before with drivers and operation procedure but I think after looking around alot I have got it down to the right drivers and procedure which is listed in post one. If I can help with any thing feel free to ask me or anybody else in here i am sure they will be happy to help.

Posted Image

timmie897

timmie897

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G3
I don't have a keyboard dictionary (dutch) on the 4.1.2 beta.
I already tried the ics spellcheck fix on the jellybean beta but it didn't work.
Is there a similar fix for 4.1.2, if so where can I find this?

Thanks ^^

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

I don't have a keyboard dictionary (dutch) on the 4.1.2 beta.
I already tried the ics spellcheck fix on the jellybean beta but it didn't work.
Is there a similar fix for 4.1.2, if so where can I find this?

Thanks ^^

Spell check fix is for ICS it should not be needed for JB, just select dutch. system settings/language & input/android keyboard settings/input language and select dutch.

Posted Image

timmie897

timmie897

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G3
Well, I can select it but the dictionary is empty.
English works fine :/
I've tried the Swiftkey keyboard and it works fine, so I'll use that instead.

[email protected]

[email protected]

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Devices:Samdroid Spica, Jiayu G3
  • Twitter:@amrodriguez033
guys I'm about to get this phone (after Chinese New Year and G4 release, at least)..does the stock ROM have bloatware, and other Chinese crap?

btw, I'd love to have CM on this phone..any news on custom ROMs / developer interest for this device? TIA

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

guys I'm about to get this phone (after Chinese New Year and G4 release, at least)..does the stock ROM have bloatware, and other Chinese crap?

btw, I'd love to have CM on this phone..any news on custom ROMs / developer interest for this device? TIA

can't remember if there was any, if there was I don't have them now so must have just uninstalled them. G4 is looking to be march April launch which probably means may. No development yet on this forum there is a lewa ROM and no doubt some others.

Posted Image

[email protected]

[email protected]

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Devices:Samdroid Spica, Jiayu G3
  • Twitter:@amrodriguez033
well, Lewa is kinda like MIUI, which has iPhone-like launcher and has spyware and bloatware..they can't ship atm because of Chinese New Year though, anyone know of other options?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users