Photo

Jiayu G3 rooted / permanent recovery / ICS spell check fixed & Jelly Bean Update.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

cf67

cf67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G3
@putbinoot
I translated part of your guide for an italian forum, obviously all credits and thanks to you, I explicited that.

arelim

arelim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:jiayu g3
@putbinoot, can you enlighten me about the new jb beta? i rooted and cwm-ed my ics phone, and thinking about upgrading to jb. it is possible to update through cwm (with a backup and a full wipe beforehand, of course), or it's only possible via spflash/builtin update app? also will i lose my cwm in the process?

Edited by arelim, 12 February 2013 - 07:19 PM.

Posted Image

Geery101

Geery101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:JiaYu G3
Thanks a lot. Guide was really useful!

I have a problem though with my sdcard. In recovery my phone is not able to mount to the sd card, neither can he make a back-up on the sd-card.

Anyone an idea for this solution? (SD card was formatted 2 days ago so I don't think that's the problem)

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Jiayu G3.

Thanks a lot. Guide was really useful!

I have a problem though with my sdcard. In recovery my phone is not able to mount to the sd card, neither can he make a back-up on the sd-card.

Anyone an idea for this solution? (SD card was formatted 2 days ago so I don't think that's the problem)

Format card using phone again, this should solve it, back up it's contents to a pc using micro sd adapter if it has anything on it you want to keep.

Posted Image

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

@putbinoot
I translated part of your guide for an italian forum, obviously all credits and thanks to you, I explicited that.

No problem cf67 hope it helps you all out.

Posted Image

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

@putbinoot, can you enlighten me about the new jb beta? i rooted and cwm-ed my ics phone, and thinking about upgrading to jb. it is possible to update through cwm (with a backup and a full wipe beforehand, of course), or it's only possible via spflash/builtin update app? also will i lose my cwm in the process?

My update failed using the on board app and i had to use spflash tool which is easy once you work out how which i have explained in first post. There may be a version out there that can be done using cwm if I see it I will post a link. I have gone back to ICS as netflix and bbc iplayer do not work under JB. Also you will loose cwm but you can put it back on using mobile uncle, also the update is pre rooted so you won't have to do that again.

Edited by putbinoot, 25 February 2013 - 11:04 AM.

Posted Image

Geery101

Geery101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:JiaYu G3

Format card using phone again, this should solve it, back up it's contents to a pc using micro sd adapter if it has anything on it you want to keep.

Thanks for the quick answer. I tried that, didn't work. I still get the message 'E:Can't mount /sdcard/'.
I searched the internet for people with the same problem. On other phones what seems to be working is installing another recovere (e.g. rogue recovery).
Is there another recovery working on this phone? Or do you know another solution?

Edit: I tried to flash CWM recovery 6.0.2.8 and TWRP out of Mobile uncle tools. Unsuccessful, always ended up in the first CWM Recovery v.5.5.0.4.
I know the logical answer: use flashtool, but there I also have a problem I can't solve using google: When I attach the phone I get: BROM ERROR can't open com port. I installed the drivers like a million times. I'm really out of ideas here :)

Edited by Geery101, 25 February 2013 - 03:49 PM.

arelim

arelim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

My update failed using the on board app and i had to use spflash tool which is easy once you work out how which i have explained in first post. There may be a version out there that can be done using cwm if I see it I will post a link. I have gone back to ICS as netflix and bbc iplayer do not work under JB. Also you will loose cwm but you can put it back on using mobile uncle, also the update is pre rooted so you won't have to do that again.

okay, thanks!
i'll stick with ics, too, then. it's too stable to mess up with something beta or unstable, although i don't use netflix (non us ip) and bbc (non uk ip), i don't want to risk it. :)

Posted Image

cf67

cf67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I stay with ICS too. I read too many people having problems of any kind with all the modded JB and the beta.
It would be appreciated a HOW TO get back to official 4.0.4 :)

arelim

arelim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I stay with ICS too. I read too many people having problems of any kind with all the modded JB and the beta.
It would be appreciated a HOW TO get back to official 4.0.4 :)

If you are familiar with SP FLASH TOOL, just install an official ROM by ejiayu (howto: first post by putbinoot). Should work perfectly.

Posted Image

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
Before installing JB you should back up with cwm you then just use this backup to go from JB back to ICS.

Posted Image

RussellS

RussellS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Devices:Blade, Huawei G300, Jiayu G3

Before installing JB you should back up with cwm you then just use this backup to go from JB back to ICS.

I agree entirely. Always, and I mean ALWAYS, do a CWM nandroid backup before any tweaks, edits or new rom installs. Hopefully you won't need it but you only have to have it hang at the boot logo after a rom install once to realise how useful it would have been.

It has certainly got me out of trouble on a few occasions and for the sake of 5 minutes to do the backup it really isn't worth taking the risk.

cf67

cf67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Thank you all. The first thing I did with your instructions is the nandroid. I don't actually need it 'cause I stay with october release and it is perfect, no problem at all with anything. I asked just to know for those who messed up with new versions and would like to get back due to many problems they have. I'll report the simple use of sp flash tool and version on forums where I attend.

adequate

adequate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hello plss help me in my jiayu g3 it got locked because i let a kid play with the pattern now it says "too many attempts" and stucked there. my g3 is not rooted and usb debugging is not enabled. i tried to do a recovery by pressing Power + Volume Up but the android is on his back with the red triangle in it. i really want to use my phone again....plss throw ideas on maybe how i can bypass the pattern lock or programs i need to download... tnx

[email protected]

[email protected]

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Devices:Samdroid Spica, Jiayu G3
  • Twitter:@amrodriguez033

hello plss help me in my jiayu g3 it got locked because i let a kid play with the pattern now it says "too many attempts" and stucked there. my g3 is not rooted and usb debugging is not enabled. i tried to do a recovery by pressing Power + Volume Up but the android is on his back with the red triangle in it. i really want to use my phone again....plss throw ideas on maybe how i can bypass the pattern lock or programs i need to download... tnx

Is the wifi on? or do you have data? and were you able to link your Android to your Google Account? If yes, continue trying the pattern lock thingy until is asks you to login to your Google account..

adequate

adequate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
@boofman yes the data is on but wifi is not on my plan just texting/call and unfortunately i didnt link it to my google account....

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

You could try some of the tips here. http://einartysen.se...ttern-attempts/

Posted Image

adequate

adequate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

You could try some of the tips here. http://einartysen.se...ttern-attempts/

i already tried those but none work. can i like borrow someones sim card that have wifi ?

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

i already tried those but none work. can i like borrow someones sim card that have wifi ?

sim is not required for wifi, wifi is provided through your home internet connection. Sim is for 3G connection. There may be a button combination to do a factory reset of the phone.

Posted Image

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
You may be able to put a G3 rom on the phone using the sp flashtool.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users