Jiayu G3 rooted / permanent recovery / ICS spell check fixed & Jelly Bean Update.

Guest putbinoot

Guest RussellS

Before installing JB you should back up with cwm you then just use this backup to go from JB back to ICS.

I agree entirely. Always, and I mean ALWAYS, do a CWM nandroid backup before any tweaks, edits or new rom installs. Hopefully you won't need it but you only have to have it hang at the boot logo after a rom install once to realise how useful it would have been.

It has certainly got me out of trouble on a few occasions and for the sake of 5 minutes to do the backup it really isn't worth taking the risk.

Thank you all. The first thing I did with your instructions is the nandroid. I don't actually need it 'cause I stay with october release and it is perfect, no problem at all with anything. I asked just to know for those who messed up with new versions and would like to get back due to many problems they have. I'll report the simple use of sp flash tool and version on forums where I attend.

• 1 month later...
Guest adequate

hello plss help me in my jiayu g3 it got locked because i let a kid play with the pattern now it says "too many attempts" and stucked there. my g3 is not rooted and usb debugging is not enabled. i tried to do a recovery by pressing Power + Volume Up but the android is on his back with the red triangle in it. i really want to use my phone again....plss throw ideas on maybe how i can bypass the pattern lock or programs i need to download... tnx

hello plss help me in my jiayu g3 it got locked because i let a kid play with the pattern now it says "too many attempts" and stucked there. my g3 is not rooted and usb debugging is not enabled. i tried to do a recovery by pressing Power + Volume Up but the android is on his back with the red triangle in it. i really want to use my phone again....plss throw ideas on maybe how i can bypass the pattern lock or programs i need to download... tnx

Is the wifi on? or do you have data? and were you able to link your Android to your Google Account? If yes, continue trying the pattern lock thingy until is asks you to login to your Google account..

Guest adequate

@boofman yes the data is on but wifi is not on my plan just texting/call and unfortunately i didnt link it to my google account....

Guest putbinoot

You could try some of the tips here. http://einartysen.se/unlock-android-phone-after-too-many-pattern-attempts/

Guest putbinoot

i already tried those but none work. can i like borrow someones sim card that have wifi ?

sim is not required for wifi, wifi is provided through your home internet connection. Sim is for 3G connection. There may be a button combination to do a factory reset of the phone.

Guest putbinoot

not been on for a while,

Has the official JB update came out of beta and all that yet?

No not yet although there is a talk of a G3 quad being released that will run 4.2 middle of the month so it may be put out then.

No not yet although there is a talk of a G3 quad being released that will run 4.2 middle of the month so it may be put out then.

I dunno bout official rom for G3, you see new batches of the G3 is called G3N with S501 chipset, so now there are two variants..but somebody is trying to port the GThrill rom for the G3N, so at least it might get an unofficial 4.1..

Guest FrankieADZ

i heard about that, certainly will tempted me to upgrade to till since I cant see the G5 coming out this year.

Guest adequate

Post 1 on this thread under section JellyBean Official Update How To .

HOLY s*** IT WORKS!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!!!

how can i switch the language to english?

Guest putbinoot

HOLY s*** IT WORKS!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!!!

how can i switch the language to english?

Have you got this fixed, the rom is in English. If you mean the keyboard just go into settings and pick the android stock keyboard or go to the market and install any keyboard you want.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest joe bloggs on android

Hello. Could anyone advise how I can get a working Google Talk running on this Jelly Bean rom ? Dont really want to roll back to the previous rom that came with the phone.

• 3 months later...
Guest damsky.zg

Hello. Could anyone advise how I can get a working Google Talk running on this Jelly Bean rom ? Dont really want to roll back to the previous rom that came with the phone.

hi here it is : google hangouts it replace google talk ...