2264 replies to this topic

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

I don't know if this is a known issue or not but I was with CM 10.1 and it started giving me problems with MMS (even in 3G network it would not send MMS) and so i got back to this one and it has the same problem. Anyone knows a way to get around this?

Interesting. On CM10.1 I can't send MMS even though I can receive. It either just sits there spinning or gives the error "Service not activated on network". I suspected my APN settings but they look correct. My operator can't see anything wrong with my setup. I tried Handcent in case it was the stock messaging app but same problem there. I tried with only 3G (and not wifi) enabled and also with wifi enabled and build.prop with ro.config.hw_always_allow_mms=true but still no joy. I will try another phone (running CM7.2) when I get a chance but I'm now wondering if it's a CM10.1 issue?

Edited by dalyer, 08 February 2013 - 12:31 AM.

Owl93

Owl93

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G
  • Twitter:@O_0wl

Interesting. On CM10.1 I can't send MMS even though I can receive. It either just sits there spinning or gives the error "Service not activated on network". I suspected my APN settings but they look correct. My operator can't see anything wrong with my setup. I tried Handcent in case it was the stock messaging app but same problem there. I tried with only 3G (and not wifi) enabled and also with wifi enabled and build.prop with ro.config.hw_always_allow_mms=true but still no joy. I will try another phone (running CM7.2) when I get a chance but I'm now wondering if it's a CM10.1 issue?

I moved to CM 10.0 and the problem persists. I don't know what happened I already did factory resets, wipes, reinstalled gapps, installed CM10.1 and 10.0, change menssage app and nothing it doesnt send mms.

Pain_Deluxe

Pain_Deluxe

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:skating,hardware,cars
  • Devices:Huawei G300 [email protected]

How can i move it from the cm10 zip? (where can i find it?)

Just drag it from cm 10 zip (boot.img) to the paul m zip

Paunovic

Paunovic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huwei g300
what is wrong with the portable Wi-Fi hotspot on cm 10.1? Everything works fine, eaven USB tethering... But wireles tethering is not. Is there a fix for this problem?

Edited by Paunovic, 08 February 2013 - 04:02 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
I think it's just broken at the moment and there is no workaround. Even configuring it for open/no security doesn't help as it did in other ROMs. There are multiple reports about it not working in CM10.1 and I did some tests here in case the post is of any interest:

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2084075

Paunovic

Paunovic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Soo we are w8ing for a bug fix on that... I did notise that the G300 does not support OTG not eaven on CM... Will it suport OTG with a kernel update, or is that a never solving problem? Becouse i know it has the hardware for that...

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Soo we are w8ing for a bug fix on that...

I'm sure that Dazzozo et. al. are aware of it.

I did notise that the G300 does not support OTG not eaven on CM... Will it suport OTG with a kernel update, or is that a never solving problem? Becouse i know it has the hardware for that...

This thread might be of interest to you:

http://www.modaco.co...l-usb-usb-host/

Paunovic

Paunovic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
THX for the info and help dalyer. I cant w8 to see this features working properly... Keep up the good work guys!

Edited by Paunovic, 08 February 2013 - 05:07 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

THX for the info and help dalyer. I cant w8 to see this features working properly... Keep up the good work guys!

No problem - but just to clarify/avoid confusion I personally don't work on this ROM. :)

Dj_Mike238

Dj_Mike238

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
What does and doesn't work on this rom?

psionandy

psionandy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Mobile tech.. gadgets.. Liverpool FC
  • Devices:Note 2 and Ascend G300 CM10 R2
  • Twitter:@psionandy

What does and doesn't work on this rom?

details on first page of this thread.....

dfvt

dfvt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy tab 7 Ascend g300
  • Twitter:@dfvtavares
Great rom, its great having jelly bean on this phone but game performance is better on infusion that's the only drawback off this rom

cazad

cazad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Please, fix the problem with data connection/switching between 2G and 3G - it's the most important issue, I think.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Please, fix the problem with data connection/switching between 2G and 3G - it's the most important issue, I think.

What do you mean? You can switch between 2G and 3G with the notification bar toggles.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Seems NOT to be a CM10.0/1 specific problem for me. I tried sending MMS on my Vodafone Smart/Huawei U8160 running the CM7.2 and SmartLucky custom ROMs and it fails there too. My operator still can't figure it out either...

marcioo

marcioo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Camera zoom dont works well but when take picture, the picture is allright :/

coklina

coklina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Huawei ascend g300
OTG? :(

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

OTG? :(

http://www.modaco.com/topic/359115-ics-cm9-404-cyanogenmod-91-for-the-huawei-ascend-g300-rom-last-updated-0202/page__st__1960#entry2088414

Pain_Deluxe

Pain_Deluxe

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:skating,hardware,cars
  • Devices:Huawei G300 [email protected]
Just One Question. Is there any hope for VSync or is this not possible on our base(GPU / CPU)

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Just One Question. Is there any hope for VSync or is this not possible on our base(GPU / CPU)

http://www.modaco.com/topic/360515-jb-421-cyanogenmod-101-rom-last-updated-2701/page__st__680#entry2088507

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users