For my experience, i found this Issues and applied the workaround:
- 3th party apps that use the camera don't display the preview image, but the camera works.
For example, in QR scanners, the camera read it fine... This happend with hw overlays disable (notice that is that option that appears in the Settings, what means that is with the option ticked for the hw overlays be disable, and NOT enable).
When the hw overlays is enable, is working fine after i flash with the Standard CWM
on the first topic (http://www.modaco.co...t-updated-1711/
). But will cause the freeze of the notification bar.Is really needed the preview for a QR codes scanner app? Just put the camera in front of the image
- I use Dolphin Browser
) and is working fine, without crashes (and i use it daily, almost every hour). Maybe just happends in the stock browser ( and you realy wanna use the stock android Browser, with fantastic alternatives in Play Store?
- To fix the scrolling problems and the notification bar freeze, enable the hw overlays. To enable it permantly after reboot:
edit the file "/system/build.prop", in "debug.composition.type=mdp
" and change to "debug.composition.type=gpu
Use the "build.prop Editor
" app - https://play.google....ild.prop.editor
- The problem with the playback of stock camcorder videos (like described by intensedarkness) can be fixed using the "MX player" - https://play.google.....videoplayer.ad
- and enabling the "h/w+ decoder" in the settings.
- For the problem with the Low Volume in calls, speaker and headset, use the version 1.8.0 of Volume+
. Recent versions doesn't work with the in call sound
- For the problem with the Keyboard, use a 3th party app. For instance, the SwiftKey 3
Is working fine in all the apps that i have tested (GoSMS, WhatsApp,stock apps,etc)
- The Camera panoramic mode may present some artifacts in the preview, but takes panoramic photos just fine.
- For Instagram, disable the Advance Camera option.
- To see the Battery Stats by app, use the "Easy Battery Saver
" - https://play.google....e=search_result
- or Go Power Master
( i use this and is working great) - https://play.google....t.gopowermaster
And is almost all the "problems" that i found.
The rest is working fine, with a great performence and even a little of overclock (1133). No battery lost, no problems that affect the functionality (at least for me) of the phone.Just enjoy the fantastic ROM!