• Please log in to reply
2221 replies to this topic

tricasoft

tricasoft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:g300
Did any of you, guys, had his phone regularly restarting by itself? I'm using R3 as OTA update from a fresh R2 install...

soulhand

soulhand

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, San Francisco 2
  • Twitter:@soulhand

Did any of you, guys, had his phone regularly restarting by itself? I'm using R3 as OTA update from a fresh R2 install...

is this the 2g/3g restart that is reported for several different ROMs? Happened to me on R2, R3 (and on Infusion), R4 hasn't happened yet but I haven't gone on the journey that provokes it yet.

If you switch to 2G only, does it stop happening?

matthewfrosty

matthewfrosty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
uh so i had a failed update and am now stuck on the Huawei screen. I wiped the phone, cleared the cache, wiped the dalvik cache before installing and then it just said failed. redownloaded the ROM to check that it had fully downloaded and it had, so i have no idea. Any help would be much appreciated

EDIT: Fixed

Edited by matthewfrosty, 17 January 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Devices:Moto g
OTA update - black screen after reboot with compressed white (notification bar? - it pulls down & was normal). Screen then went to blank JB wallpaper. Rebooted & all loaded as usual. Thanks again Dazzozo - becos of your brilliant work I really love this phone now :)

Edited by Titas, 17 January 2013 - 07:36 PM.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
Wow, what's so special about these minor changes :P

Anyway, it looks like we were better off with just having the lockscreen glitch occasionally. I'll probably revert that change.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

Rostilj xD

Rostilj xD

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@Milos_Zx
What happend with reboot bootloader? Doesnt work with any app. adb reboot bootloader doesnt work too.

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Devices:G300, Hudl

After few days i notice two things:
1. Strange automatic unmounting sd card problem
2. Can not play youtube video with youtube app

are you getting this sd card problem newly with r3, did the same card work ok in older builds?

i got a new 32gb sandisk sd card, it arrived after i updated to r3 so haven't used it on any older versions or any other roms. it unmounts/disappears regularly, i wondered if the card was dodgy as my old 4gb nokia card doesn't give the same problem. the 32gb card didn't seem to have any problems on my mac tho.

am updating to r4 now, if this is a rom problem i'm guessing it won't have been fixed as there's been no mention of it, but i'll try the card again at some point and if it still happens i might try it with a different rom. need to figure out if it's the card that's the problem, but if it's a software thing i hope it can be fixed.

anyone else with sd unmounting issues?

in other news, cheers daz for the new update!

Rattonboy

Rattonboy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:My phone and playing Basketball.
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE, MOMO9, San Diego

are you getting this sd card problem newly with r3, did the same card work ok in older builds?

i got a new 32gb sandisk sd card, it arrived after i updated to r3 so haven't used it on any older versions or any other roms. it unmounts/disappears regularly, i wondered if the card was dodgy as my old 4gb nokia card doesn't give the same problem. the 32gb card didn't seem to have any problems on my mac tho.

am updating to r4 now, if this is a rom problem i'm guessing it won't have been fixed as there's been no mention of it, but i'll try the card again at some point and if it still happens i might try it with a different rom. need to figure out if it's the card that's the problem, but if it's a software thing i hope it can be fixed.

anyone else with sd unmounting issues?

in other news, cheers daz for the new update!

i don't think its a problem with the card or the ROM you use . its the phone many people (i aswell) have had this issue, probably the card holder is loose. I haven't had that issue for a few months but it has happened in several ROMs that i have used in the past.

Edited by Rattonboy, 17 January 2013 - 08:07 PM.

skillet-4e03a3fdbe31a.png

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

What happend with reboot bootloader? Doesnt work with any app. adb reboot bootloader doesnt work too.

Huawei happened and they didn't change the standard reboot routines in the kernel to compensate. Fixing it could be anywhere from easy to impossible. :P

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Devices:G300, Hudl
Hmm ok, thanks for the response. Like I said, I haven't had any problems with my other card, so I don't see why the new one would be loose if they're a standard size, but I guess there could be some variation. Could try and squeeze some paper in behind the card maybe.

Anyone else had sd card problems with this rom in particular?

marcars

marcars

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Devices:G300, Nexus 7, Nexus 4
  • Twitter:@Zohansmellit
can any body confirm that the multi touch works in shadowgun and rayman?

jordanclarke69

jordanclarke69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Pulse/G300
Downloading now, Thanks Daz and Co.

Does anyone know what the 800Mhz is to be used for? (I've not really heard it mentioned since the R3 update)

Cheers again Daz

tmor

tmor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hmm ok, thanks for the response. Like I said, I haven't had any problems with my other card, so I don't see why the new one would be loose if they're a standard size, but I guess there could be some variation. Could try and squeeze some paper in behind the card maybe.

Anyone else had sd card problems with this rom in particular?

I also got problems with my Kingston 32Gb sdcard.
R2 was going perfect but a few weeks ago started to unmount.

LucabossY

LucabossY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:G300

can any body confirm that the multi touch works in shadowgun and rayman?

+1

marcars

marcars

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Devices:G300, Nexus 7, Nexus 4
  • Twitter:@Zohansmellit

+1

is that yes?

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Downloading now, Thanks Daz and Co.

Does anyone know what the 800Mhz is to be used for? (I've not really heard it mentioned since the R3 update)

Cheers again Daz

It was at someone's request because the 600->1000 gap is pretty steep and they wanted to under clock.

Taylervood

Taylervood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Dear Dazzozo upgraded to P4, there are constant hovering and reboot.R3 worked well up to this,sorry for my english.

tspmelo

tspmelo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Seems I can't install R4. Went back to R3. Gonna try again next release. hopefully it will work.

joandrade

joandrade

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Twitter:@0xJoao

Seems I can't install R4. Went back to R3. Gonna try again next release. hopefully it will work.

Care to elaborate on what went wrong?

If I helped you, hit the green rep button. :)

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Devices:Moto g
"Wow, what's so special about these minor changes :P"

They all add up - think of it more as a cumulative "thank you". ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users