2261 replies to this topic

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

The problem is not when you have the 3G and you're not doing anything (facebook, browser, etc) but it drops a lot when you're acessing the internet...

Have wifi on but haven't gone browsing the web, so that shouldn't be it probably? Do you actually have to be doing something or is it enough to be connected?

Apparently that's a bug with the light sensor and happens on stock ROMs relating to starting the phone in low light...

Fair enough. The battery is starting to worry me though, I've had the phone charging for the last 3 hours and only got to 60% with only a few sms sent while plugged in, the last 3% took me about half an hour and it looks like i'ts starting to deplete again fast. The battery graph in settings gives me a 53% screen usage and 17% on wifi, wich to my knowledge, is good? Regardless, this is really odd... Gonna see how it behaves tomorrow, but gonna try flashing another rom and see what I get if it remains this way. Wonder if clearing the battery stats in cwm does anything in this case, I did install CM9/10Infusion about a dozen times this afternoon alone... Pretty sure I wiped the battery stats somewhere along there too.

Edited by kupp, 22 January 2013 - 01:41 AM.

fmgc13

fmgc13

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Have wifi on but haven't gone browsing the web, so that shouldn't be it probably? Do you actually have to be doing something or is it enough to be connected?

It's not enough being connected. You actually have to be doing something

And the problem is with 3G, not wifi

Edited by fmgc13, 22 January 2013 - 01:58 AM.

Coming

Coming

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Hello,Daz,could you please help with CM7?

valdek

valdek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300

installed R5...for me everything is working great apart from VOIP apps.

thanks Dazz for ur hard work. keep it up

hi
what VOIP apps are you using ? and what VOIP provider are you on ?
thanks

Hoggonator

Hoggonator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:G300
Excellent, whatever you reversed out from R4 with R5 has done the trick - no more freezes. Thanks.

PixelPixie

PixelPixie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Just installed r5, rebooted and excitedly went straight to the now working battery stats (nice one Daz).
Really surprised at what I saw. If it is to be believed Maps 30%, screen 20%, Google search 16%, Android system 12%, everything else under 10%.
This is surprising as haven't used maps or google search. So am guessing it is to do with location services trying to get a fix with slow 3g, As I haven't had Wi-Fi for 5 weeks after moving and bt being incredibly poor at reconnecting me. Maybe leaving Wi-Fi on would of helped, as i believe even without a network it helps to get a GPS fix.
This was on r4 so will see how the battery holds up on r5, then try disabling location services to see if it helps if the battery drain is still high.
Thanks Daz for the continued support and development :-) .

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Devices:Moto g
Anyone with high battery drain might find this interesting & those with screen brightness issues especially note tip #1

http://www.modaco.co...e-with-our-r662

Edited by Titas, 22 January 2013 - 10:03 AM.

dhbar

dhbar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco - G300
My battery seems to be running down quite quickly with this ROM
It has happened in versions R3, R4 and still now in R5

I use several widgets, Battery Solo Widget, Data Counter Widget and Digi Clock widgets having used them with Stock+ and Infusion as well as earlier on my Blade

I leave my phone in Airplane mode overnight and with all the widgets installed on other ROMS had little to no apparent battery usage overnight
However with the three versions of CM10 that is no longer the case

So with CM10R3 and Battery Solo & Digi Clock installed (in Airplane mode again) overnight suddenly the battery dropped from 100% to 87 or 88%
Tested this by re-installing from scratch - yes followed the instructions fully - and then only installed these two widgets - same happened

When R4 came out tried it all again and the same sort of numbers again
Just then to try and get a 'control' I re-installed - again from scratch - and left the system alone - without any widgets installed there was little to no battery usage

Finally we have R5 - but this time with battery stats
Just installed it last night - and put Data Counter widget on this time
About 4% usage overnight - with the widget showing first in the list in Battery stats

My standard setup is CPU - min 320 max 1228, Smartassv2, NOOP with 18% ZRAM
Have changed gps.cong, set my own wallpaper and turned lockscreen off

Anyone else found problems with widgets using battery ?

Dante2070

Dante2070

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 aka U8815
Various camera apps are (still) not working for me, like google goggles and smart tools. Is there a fix for that? Everything else seems to work great.

mattia107

mattia107

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Tried to install 3 times, but freeze on huawei logo, don't know what's wrong, revert back to cm9 r6 and work fine. I have cwm 6.0.1.2

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Acend g300
  • Twitter:@@kieran9969

This is the bug I've noticed, when entering the password for wifi, a whole field is compressed into notification bar:

Posted Image

What keyboard is this?

Dante2070

Dante2070

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 aka U8815
Just noticed, lost 70% of apps after update :(

EDIT: all back after several reboots.

Edited by Dante2070, 22 January 2013 - 02:41 PM.

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
@kieranswhite, it's Smart Keyboard PRO, Galaxy skin. ;)

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Three things:

1- Left the phone charging overnight, it charged at the normal rate it should be drained fast as hell, at about 10.30am I had 100% battery, 5 minutes in tapatalk drained 5% of it and now at 2.18pm I have 64% left with very little usage. Something is definitely wrong.

2- Call quality is messed up, I hear people with their voices a bit digitized, I can still understand what they're saying but it's messed up. Had Infusion on my sdcard and installed it to test it, everything is fine there, went back to R5 and digitized voices again, so yeah.

3- Chrome is also messed up, graphic glitches all the time that make it somewhat unusable, have to use the stock browser for now.

Gonna try CM9.1 and see if everything is fine there, I'm assuming it is.

soulhand

soulhand

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, San Francisco 2
  • Twitter:@soulhand

2- Call quality is messed up, I hear people with their voices a bit digitized, I can still understand what they're saying but it's messed up.

I get this. I think the audio is being clipped so sounds distorted.

valdek

valdek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
SIP/VOiP still does't work as build-in ( the only issue is incoming sound is bad ) as apps from the market, tried most of them no one works correctly, and now i had random reboot, that happened 1st time since i got this phone .something strange is going on with the camera some photos are just grey,
i am not complaining, just letting you know Dazz thanks for all what you done for this ROM, good luck and have nice day :)

BadarChaudhry

BadarChaudhry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

hi
what VOIP apps are you using ? and what VOIP provider are you on ?
thanks

I'm using Mobile Voip, Easy Voip and Nonoh Voip, all 3 apps crashs as soon as i hit dial button,

valdek

valdek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

I'm using Mobile Voip, Easy Voip and Nonoh Voip, all 3 apps crashs as soon as i hit dial button,

have the same problem tried few apps from the market, sipdroid works i one way only, without incall sound, CSipSimple seems works after clear data but freezes the phone during reboot so is need to pull the battery out, seems like its new issue with new releases of CM10 and Shendu, im stuck on shendu 121227-dev because i can still use CSipSimple for internet calling

fraska

fraska

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:Informatics, Smartphones, Android, Modding, etc
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@favaroooo
Battery works very well for me, with R4 at 800mhz at this hour the phone was died, now with 1ghz clock:

Attached File  Screenshot_2013-01-22-18-48-36.png   222.26KB   53 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2013-01-22-18-49-32.png   177.32KB   52 downloads

My daily use it's 2h of music, 300 sms, 3h on 3G internet and 4h on Wi-Fi and about 1h of games

Edited by fraska, 22 January 2013 - 05:56 PM.

Posted Image

Google Nexus 4
ROM: Android 4.3 JWR66J | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.1700.84 | Kernel: franco.Kernel

SL_The_Hedgehog

SL_The_Hedgehog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Good job. it's my current ROM. Will donate for sure! Thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users