IRPnet

IRPnet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:SGS 3 OmegaROM 33.2
  • Twitter:@irpnet
Hi,
My friend has a Desire S. It is stock, NO root, NO mods of any kind. On Vodafone UK.
We've got a code for SIM unlock.
When we put a different SIM in the phone, phone boots as normal, shows no signal offers a choice of networks (coincidentally, NOT the one that the SIM card is for) and at no point asks for a SIM unlock code.

Now having the unlock code is one thing, but not being able to enter it is somewhat frustrating. My friend is going to India in a few days and wants to be able to use local SIM's.

Can anyone shed some light and help?

PS: I do not have the phone in my personal posession - its his daily phone so I can't directly give you baseband details or anything else.

TIA!

SGS 3
Rooted less than an hour after purchase!
OmegaROM 33.2
Stock Speed, Voltages.
JB 4.1.2 (Oh yeah!)
(Would be 4.2 if it was stable enough for daily use)

LG Optimus 2X
CM7 11612011 Nightly
SwiftExtreme LOC 1.2Ghz

Orange SanFrancisco
CM7 Nightly
O/C 712Mhz

Sudar

Sudar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Hi,
My friend has a Desire S. It is stock, NO root, NO mods of any kind. On Vodafone UK.
We've got a code for SIM unlock.
When we put a different SIM in the phone, phone boots as normal, shows no signal offers a choice of networks (coincidentally, NOT the one that the SIM card is for) and at no point asks for a SIM unlock code.

Now having the unlock code is one thing, but not being able to enter it is somewhat frustrating. My friend is going to India in a few days and wants to be able to use local SIM's.

Can anyone shed some light and help?

PS: I do not have the phone in my personal posession - its his daily phone so I can't directly give you baseband details or anything else.

TIA!

Which network is the phone locked to? Have you turned on the phone using a non accepted sim card?

http://www.htccode.com for Instant unlocking any HTC device

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users