No sim unlock message

Guest IRPnet

Hi,

My friend has a Desire S. It is stock, NO root, NO mods of any kind. On Vodafone UK.

We've got a code for SIM unlock.

When we put a different SIM in the phone, phone boots as normal, shows no signal offers a choice of networks (coincidentally, NOT the one that the SIM card is for) and at no point asks for a SIM unlock code.

Now having the unlock code is one thing, but not being able to enter it is somewhat frustrating. My friend is going to India in a few days and wants to be able to use local SIM's.

Can anyone shed some light and help?

PS: I do not have the phone in my personal posession - its his daily phone so I can't directly give you baseband details or anything else.

TIA!

Hi,

My friend has a Desire S. It is stock, NO root, NO mods of any kind. On Vodafone UK.

We've got a code for SIM unlock.

When we put a different SIM in the phone, phone boots as normal, shows no signal offers a choice of networks (coincidentally, NOT the one that the SIM card is for) and at no point asks for a SIM unlock code.

Now having the unlock code is one thing, but not being able to enter it is somewhat frustrating. My friend is going to India in a few days and wants to be able to use local SIM's.

Can anyone shed some light and help?

PS: I do not have the phone in my personal posession - its his daily phone so I can't directly give you baseband details or anything else.

TIA!

Which network is the phone locked to? Have you turned on the phone using a non accepted sim card?