HELP! Can't get back to FTM, stuck with CWM

Guest Midori_no_Saru

Guest Midori_no_Saru

I'm new to this unlocking Malarkey, so I just went with a method on the giffgaff support forums that purported to unlock my Orange San Francisco II, but it turned out that all it did was install CWM, and the lovely Fish 'N Chips ROM. But of course I couldn't use my giffgaff card.

That's fine I thought, I'll try the kosher unlocking method, which involved getting back to FTM by flashing a stock ROM and kernel. But the phone would not reboot, and just hung at the green Android logo. Removing the battery and inserting after 5 seconds, and then doing down-button-power-on, got me to FTM, but with no working operating system to boot into. Pressing up-button-home-then-power-on retrieved CWM from the image directory on the SD card.

Question - without a stock ROM that can remove CWM and give me FTM, what can I do to get my poor little phone to a stage where it can be unlocked? I do love the ability to use a rooted ROM, but that delight is somewhat tempered by having the phone locked to the abysmal Orange, which seems like shackling it to a corpse.

Many thanks in advance!

Guest plewis1981

You should be able to unlock still as you don't need a functioning OS ( so i bleave ) just the abilaty to boot into FTM mode. After that flash CWM and the ROM again and all should be fine.

This happened to me when I unlocked mine and this worked fine so SHOULD work for you.

Guest Midori_no_Saru

You should be able to unlock still as you don't need a functioning OS ( so i bleave ) just the abilaty to boot into FTM mode. After that flash CWM and the ROM again and all should be fine.

This happened to me when I unlocked mine and this worked fine so SHOULD work for you.

Well thanks for that! It all worked like a charm! I've now got a totally rooted and unlocked phone. The way all Android phones should be. I can't wait to get playing with it.