[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

post-969101-0-22167300-1383140550_thumb.

Use this thread to discuss about china phones, your thoughts, ideas, knowledge, and experience are welcomed!

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN BUYING A CHINA PHONE

#1 - The prices shown here are based on the prices in China. It will cost more internationally as the phone increases in price, and there is also P&P. If you buy a phone shown here for $160/£107, you will probably be paying $200/£130.

#2 - Always use PayPal when buying from a china store, unfortunately a lot of problems 'can' occur when shipping, or with the seller themselves. PayPal will ensure your money is safe until you get your product.

#3 - Only buy from trusted sellers, there are a lot of scam websites around so be careful. As I said before, just use PayPal and you should be okay. Here is a list of trusted sellers to save you the grief of buying online:

TRUSTED

• FastCardTech
  • Merimobiles
  • Uredeal

UNTRUSTED/NOT SURE

• Android-Sale (untrusted)
  • Pandawill (not sure)
  • AntElife (Untrusted - they don't reply to emails)
Edited by kyan31

nice specs!

720 p 2 gb ram etc

i want one!

nmn fly over to china and make a shop here.....

oh scrape that it lookslike 700MB ram :/

Edited by Mrian

nice specs!

720 p 2 gb ram etc

i want one!

nmn fly over to china and make a shop here.....

oh scrape that it lookslike 700MB ram :/

Its actually 1GB but there is only 700 usable. Most of the top end phones are the same so it should have no problems. I just hope it will get rooted and maybe get JB.

Its actually 1GB but there is only 700 usable. Most of the top end phones are the same so it should have no problems. I just hope it will get rooted and maybe get JB.

yeha 1 gb shouldbe okay.. but 2 gb feels more complete? .... just incase overload on apps?

I also found the ZTE U950 which is a Quad core 1.3GHz Tegra 3 device. It is priced at $205 of Fastcardtech.

I must stop looking at all these nice cheap chinese phones,so tempting :(

Its also quite funny to see that not only are they prepared to rip off anything,they take the p when they name them too,i'm looking at you HiPhone 5 :)

Tempting, Galaxy S3 specs for £170, only £40 more than the Umi X1 although the price is set to rise after the pre-order stage it appears.

Edit: Can't find this for anywhere near £150 at the moment. Fastcardtech had a pre-order price of £170 but orders appear to be suspended now until they get any stock. I've seen another site (uredeal) listing for £209 but not a lot else.

I have seen another phone called the Freelander I-20 which has identical looks and spec, so it appears to be a Newman knock-off but I can't be sure. Sites have stock but dubious about buying.

Edited by ADROW

Tempting, Galaxy S3 specs for £170, only £40 more than the Umi X1 although the price is set to rise after the pre-order stage it appears.

Edit: Can't find this for anywhere near £150 at the moment. Fastcardtech had a pre-order price of £170 but orders appear to be suspended now until they get any stock. I've seen another site (uredeal) listing for £209 but not a lot else.

I have seen another phone called the Freelander I-20 which has identical looks and spec, so it appears to be a Newman knock-off but I can't be sure. Sites have stock but dubious about buying.

I think the freelander is the exact same phone, but with two alternate names. I don't really get it to be honest :wacko:

From what I've been able to gather online, it really does seem to be the same phone, just branded differently. Perhaps they are made in the same factory? I saw a youtube video that showed in the software phone info that it was even displaying itself as a Newman N2.

I'm seriously considering it, just not sure whether I really need to drop £70 extra for quad core over the dual core Umi X1. The G300 at £100 was a good price for the spec, just not sure about dropping twice that on a replacement, even if it is GS3 level specced.

Edit: OK, from a translated French forum it sounds like the Freelander could be an international export version of the N2. Apparently it ships with a much larger number of languages, whereas the N2 is English and Chinese only.

Edited by ADROW

Quad core over dual core any day. Your essentially getting double performance with quad over dual

I doubt this... i have been looking into the benefits of quad core and i have found very little to support that any real world benefit to acquiring a quad core over a dual core phone...

The software just hasn't been encoded to take full advantage of four cores yet.. (maybe in the not so far future).

Also having 4 cores uses more power to my understanding, and that means less battery time.

http://phandroid.com...-video-roundup/

The quad core does seems faster, but i don't know if that justifies that extra 40% cost ... maybe when the price drop further it will be worth it.

Edited by Mrian

been looking at the newman N2 again , have you ordered yours yet kyan31?

it doesnt seem to be out yet maybe monday the 17th? anyway it looks chipper and well wondered where abouts you were going to order from, im thinking ali express best seller or uredeal (whos on aliexpress as well).

I've ordered the Freelander I-20 from antelife.com, it's expected stock on 20/12/12 so I'm hoping it's dispatched shortly (although it seems Chinese retailers are often in no hurry). Will probably post a review when I get it as there's next to no information about it online.

I've ordered the Freelander I-20 from antelife.com, it's expected stock on 20/12/12 so I'm hoping it's dispatched shortly (although it seems Chinese retailers are often in no hurry). Will probably post a review when I get it as there's next to no information about it online.

hi, i saw http://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-stock-Newman-N2-Quad-Core-Smart-Phone-Exynos-4412-1-4GHz-CPU-8GB-ROM-1GB/712877022.html online the retailer said say they have it in stock right now...

what's the delivery time on your order. it seems that they use paypal with your order (securer?). I was thinking of using aliexpress but they have mixed reviews.... and no paypal but some kind of escrow service...

been looking at the newman N2 again , have you ordered yours yet kyan31?

it doesnt seem to be out yet maybe monday the 17th? anyway it looks chipper and well wondered where abouts you were going to order from, im thinking ali express best seller or uredeal (whos on aliexpress as well).

No, I haven't ordered mine yet. I think i might stick with the jiayu as the Newman n2 seems to be higher in price. Uredeal if offering the phone for $320 rather than the promised $250 :angry: