[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest Maringer

Bear in mind that VAT is also included in the UK which adds an extra 20% to the price. That said, big companies always rip us off and go somewhere nearer Dollar to Sterling parity that is sensible or fair. It has always been the case, even when the exchange rate was around £1.00 = $2.00.

They've got us by the short and curlies and they know it. ;)

I'm guessing the 16GB Nexus 5 will be at least £300 (assuming the rumoured $349 figure is correct).

Guest akarana

2000mah is rubbish for a 5" FHD 1.5ghz phone. My w200 has 1800mah with same processor etc just a 720p screen and it struggles to hit 3 hours of screen on time.

My next phone unless it's the Nexus 4 or 5 will need to have at least a 2500mah battery.

Random reference point if anyone's doing a plot of battery performance:

Gionee E3 1.2Ghz 6589, 1280x720 screen, 1800mAh battery,

plays movies for five hours continuous, H264 640x360 1.0Mb/s ripped for iPod.

System Monitor showing 20% cpu usage;

with CPU Power Optimiser on the discharge rate while asleep is "up to" 400 hours standby.

Downside 1, the screen brightness ain't, for outdoors;

Downside 2, it takes 6 hours to recharge.

Bear in mind that VAT is also included in the UK which adds an extra 20% to the price. That said, big companies always rip us off and go somewhere nearer Dollar to Sterling parity that is sensible or fair. It has always been the case, even when the exchange rate was around £1.00 = $2.00.

They've got us by the short and curlies and they know it. ;)

I'm guessing the 16GB Nexus 5 will be at least £300 (assuming the rumoured $349 figure is correct).

will probably be the same price as the 16GB nexus 4 was $349.99 / £279.99

i was hopping we would see the 16GB version be the same price as the 8GB nexus 4 (£239.99) and the 32GB version be £279.99

ha would be even better if we could buy it from the US and have it to sent to UK...

would save a good £50+ but i think the US version is actually a little different, from what i have herd it supports different bands to the European version ? 

Guest Frankish

Umi x2 is a great phone very popular and that's a good price. Official MIUI support or semi official as it seems. It's available from proper miui.com site and has over the air updates weekly.

Guest Frankish

Tapatalk won't let me edit...

I've considered swapping to UMI X2 from my W200 as it seems slightly better. Bigger battery is a major plus. 1800 vs 2500. Official MIUI support is a big factor for me too. They also do a 2gb ram version for about 50 dollars more.

Guest jamie_w

UMI X2 (1G + 32G) for $199 on Antelife with this Gizchina code...

http://www.gizchina.com/gizchina-forum/topic/umi-x2-and-umi-cross-discount-codes-from-antelife/

Anyone know much about the phone?

This looks quite good, but is it worth waiting for xiaomi red rice Europe version? I'm now on the look out to get a new phone within the next month or so, any other ideas?

at that price i would probably sell my X9 and get one, if in black... not white.

but when i click the link i see no $199 offer?

You have to enter the Gizchina code at the check out to get the discount.

The code "Gizumix21g" for the 1G+32G version works but the code"Gizumix22g" for the 2G+32G version is invalid at the moment.

Very tempted to get one!

Have you used Singapore post for delivery before?

Guest Maringer

As a TD-SCDMA phone, it's not of much use to most people on this web site.

Looks like the release of the MT6582 will see a lot of new decent-spec phones come to the market so it will be interesting to see what becomes available over the course of the next couple of months.

Also, I see that details of the MT6588 have been announced as well:

http://www.gizchina.com/2013/10/27/mediatek-mt6592-mt6588-full-specifications-leaked-ahead-november-launch/

Interesting. I wonder if this chip will be culled from faulty MT6592 chips in which one of the 4-core CPU clusters doesn't work?

Edited by Maringer

I'm glad the chinese phone I got this time has good tech support and a few Different roms to try.

But I've never seen a dual sim phone with only one imei number!?

As a TD-SCDMA phone, it's not of much use to most people on this web site.

Looks like the release of the MT6582 will see a lot of new decent-spec phones come to the market so it will be interesting to see what becomes available over the course of the next couple of months.

Also, I see that details of the MT6588 have been announced as well:

http://www.gizchina.com/2013/10/27/mediatek-mt6592-mt6588-full-specifications-leaked-ahead-november-launch/

Interesting. I wonder if this chip will be culled from faulty MT6592 chips in which one of the 4-core CPU clusters doesn't work?

Further down in the article you will see that a WCDMA version will follow. That will be of interest to a lot of people.

Guest apple2005

I'm glad the chinese phone I got this time has good tech support and a few Different roms to try.

But I've never seen a dual sim phone with only one imei number!?

I think imei number is for the phone and not for the sim. It is to track the phone.

Just ordered an UMI X2 (1G +32G) version from Antelife for $194.99. Free shipping with Singapore Post. Now the wait begins!

Use this link http://www.antelife.com/umi-x2-mtk6589t-quad-core-smart-phone-5-0-inch-android-4-1-ogs-1920-x-1080-screen-1g-32g-black.html

Then add this code at checkout "Gizumix21g" to get the discount.

Original article is here on Gizchina. http://www.gizchina.com/gizchina-forum/topic/umi-x2-and-umi-cross-discount-codes-from-antelife/

There is CWM image for flashing on XDA forums. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=43058108

I ordered v967s at Antelife 25 days ago.

They sent it on 17 october thru singpost.

Trackning doesn't show any useful info

yet.

Edited by dakok

Yesterday I sent email to ante life

and today there is a change

in tracking status:

Dispatched to overseas.

Yeah, I'm going to make sure I chase them every few days. It's my birthday in december and I'd like my phone by then!

Guest apple2005

Found another quality phone for a bargain price today:

Neken N6 MTK6589T + 16GB ram = $190

FHD screen, f/2.2 13Mpix camera, compass

It has MIUI now at miui.com, too

I ordered one today for myself as you suggested just because it has miui rom. Let's see how's it? Anybody already having, please share his experience. Thanks