tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts
  • Interests:ET Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4

Tillaz you anywhere near a point you would like to share your AOSP X9 rom or is it still very much a work in progress?

its nearly finished now, just need to fix a problem with the dialler.
CM10.1 mms.apk fully working with popup. and cm10.1 contacts and dialler

Attached File  Screenshot_2013-09-15-18-09-06.png   234.93KB   31 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2013-09-15-18-09-21.png   90.65KB   35 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2013-09-15-18-10-33.png   102.49KB   29 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2013-09-15-18-10-44.png   24.45KB   27 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2013-09-15-18-11-01.png   86.53KB   27 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2013-09-15-18-11-31.png   67.66KB   25 downloads

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Wow that's amazing work i love the sms popup :) Hopefully you sort your dialer issue soon as i am hungry for AOSP after the teasing you have done :D

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
Has anyone picked up a THL W200 yet? It's listed everywhere as having a compass but i don't think it does have one. Any ideas?

@dakok That fix actually seems to work i didn't get the marker jumping around at all when i went to the shops and back it was perfect. Really do notice the lack of compass though.

Edited by Frankish, 15 September 2013 - 09:24 PM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts
  • Interests:ET Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4

Has anyone picked up a THL W200 yet? It's listed everywhere as having a compass but i don't think it does have one. Any ideas?

i received the one i ordered for my grandparent last week, can confirm the THL W200 has a working compass, all round its a really nice phone
although as i expected from the MTK6589T devices its gets rather hot when doing things like playing videos, (i think its just an overclock)
battery life was also impressive for only been 1800mah on a 5inch display.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
Yeah thats the other thing I wanted to know, screen on time! It looks too good to be true in reviews. Although I shouldn't be talking myself into buying one at all ha ha!

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
Yeah thats the other thing I wanted to know, screen on time! It looks too good to be true in reviews. Although I shouldn't be talking myself into buying one at all ha ha!

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

GTRX3

GTRX3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 7
What problems do you get by not having a compass? Does it stop it from being able work as a car sat nav?

Also I took the plunge and have ordered a Lenovo a850. Apparently you can enable usb otg on it.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
Lack of compass causes maps not to rotate to face the right way when navigating for example. The map moves and follows your gps position but is a bit slow to realise what direction you are facing in. If you only use maps for looking up streets and places and aren't bothered about navigation then seriously don't worry about the lack of compass!

@tillaz and further with that dialer issue?

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w

You seem to be in a jolly good mood today. :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ZTE v987 China Rom Collection Telekineza.com Coolpad F1 software and stuff Huawei G300 Chinese Cuisine - Roms from far far away
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4,Tesco Hudl
Dakok, has your new phone arrived yet?

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

You seem to be in a jolly good mood today. :)

I always seem to have trouble with triple and quadruple posts grr! My iPhone is the worst for it on tapatalk.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W
Ordered my Haier W910 from DealsPrime on 6th Sept but this morning the order was still "In progress". I had contacted them through the website last week (after the requisite few days after payment had elapsed) but got no reply. I contacted them again today and expressed my dissatisfaction with their customer service and hinted at disputing the payment via PayPal and lo and behold I get a shipment confirmation email within the hour. Glad they are shipping it but I'm still a bit pissed off with them...

Maringer

Maringer

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Ordered my Haier W910 from DealsPrime on 6th Sept but this morning the order was still "In progress". I had contacted them through the website last week (after the requisite few days after payment had elapsed) but got no reply. I contacted them again today and expressed my dissatisfaction with their customer service and hinted at disputing the payment via PayPal and lo and behold I get a shipment confirmation email within the hour. Glad they are shipping it but I'm still a bit pissed off with them...

No word from them about my order placed with them on 9th September for the same device.

I'll follow your lead and send them an e-mail a little later to try and find out what the flip is going on.

Cheers.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W
I used the contact form on the website. It may be coincidence that they shipped it soon after my (second) query and complaint. But it might do no harm to chase them about it. Good luck!

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

That's a bit like my issue with dealsprime. I was getting no responses at all as soon as i emailed about cancelling it was shipped hmm.

ovecka

ovecka

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Ordered mine on August 18 from china buye. The phone is still nowhere to be seen. Guess that makes me the winner, eh? :-/

Edited by ovecka, 16 September 2013 - 03:07 PM.

Costy88031

Costy88031

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8815 Ascend G300

Here is a real solution for tracking apps like Runtastic, Endomondo, My Tracks, etc
that have bad GPS behaviour on phones with MTK6589 phones.

Solution comes from spanish mobile forum, and it looks like this (google translate):

Taking rooteado the phone, open the "Root Browser" and edit the file "/ system / build.prop"
Add the following line

dalvik.vm.execution-mode = int: fast

I've added the other line just below that begins "dalvik.vm ..."
We recorded the file, Root left the browser, and restart the phone. "

@ josemanuelh :

"I hit the last lines of my file so you can see where I put myself, my version is the latest rom stock without touching more than that"

ro.kernel.android.checkjni = 0
net.bt.name = Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file = / data / anr / traces.txt
dalvik.vm.execution-mode = int: fast

# Begin adupsfota properties
ro.adups.fota.oem = Vanzo
ro.adups.fota.device = ZP800H
ro.adups.fota.version = 20130604-192031 ZP800H
# Begin adupsfota properties

(My note: last five lines are only zopo phone specific ones - as I understand this)

My understanding of this tranlation is:

Phone has to be rooted.
Install Build Prop Editor from Google Play.
Browse to: /system/build.prop and open it
Add the following line just below this: dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

Save the file, exit Build Prop Editor and reboot the phone
The downside is that you wont be able to run or walk at speed of 200km/h now...
:)

P.S. Normally, you can use any other root explorer for this

P.P.S.

More comments here and here

This really fix my GPS issues

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Raymond Castro