3384 replies to this topic

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w

Official rom would be the best solution in this early phase.

Check this topic on xda

Miui and Lewa are good already and will get better soon.

You can find them in ZTE v987 Chinese Rom Collection

in my sig

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ZTE v987 China Rom Collection Telekineza.com Coolpad F1 software and stuff Huawei G300 Chinese Cuisine - Roms from far far away
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

deuse

deuse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Devices:Cube Talk 5H

Official rom would be the best solution in this early phase.

Check this topic on xda

Miui and Lewa are good already and will get better soon.

You can find them in ZTE v987 Chinese Rom Collection

in my sig

I just shot off a email to Cube to see if the Talk 5H will take the official MIUI or their own version of MIUI.

I got a Cube tablet and they ant very helpful at all.....so

apple2005

apple2005

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

I have ZTE v987 with regular MIUI updates.
New Lewa v5 looks promising, too (friday updates as well):

Posted Image

@dakok : what is the major differences between stock ROM and MIUI?
And what they are updating every week?

Maringer

Maringer

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
MIUI is a highly integrated and modified version of stock Android which has it's own apps for areas such as messaging, camera, contacts, dialler, etc etc. It also has integrated control over root access and program permissions, downloads and the like. The MIUI launcher doesn't have an app draw unlike most launchers - the app icons appear on the homescreens which can be modified and moved into folders and the like. A bit iOS-like in this respect.

MIUI is also highly themeable so you can download lots of different themes and lockscreens. Quite a large range of these available, though many come from the Chinese homeland of MIUI. MIUI tends to be a pretty good looking OS as well and is very slick in usage. Frequent (weekly) updates are available for many devices with new features added.

All in all, I've used MIUI on a couple of phones and quite like it. I don't use too many apps so the launcher works fine for me but it all depends on personal usage - some people like it, others don't.

Worth a try, providing you've got yourself a backup so you can switch back if you don't like it!

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Just to add few thoughts:

Good thing for mtk phone owners is that Xiaomi (miui OS maker) now has Red Rice (Hongmi) phone.

Why?

All of mtk miui roms were not actualy 100% optimised for mtk soc.

Miui official shows off its best on Xiaomi phone chips.

Now, when Hongmi (Red Rice) with MTK6589 is in play, new miui builds for mtk phones should be a lot better.

Why is this so interesting?

Because MTK wont release source code (most probably) and (for now) the only nice OS we can get

is a stock MTK OS. Without frequent factory updates. 

And no CM, too.

With MIUI and Lewa and, possibly Baidu, our phones have a chance to be much better in near future.

@apple2005

Miui updates its rom builds :)

Version meaning:

3.9.27 = 27.09.2013. (friday)

3.9.20 = 20.09.2013. (friday)

etc..

Latest changelog (in english):

http://en.miui.com/t...d-8423-1-1.html

There are 17 international fan sites.

Main thing they do is MIUI localisation to their native languages

ZTE v987 China Rom Collection Telekineza.com Coolpad F1 software and stuff Huawei G300 Chinese Cuisine - Roms from far far away

apple2005

apple2005

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
Thank you very much Maringer and dakok for your excellent explanations. I will give it a try when they make MIUI ROM for my zopo zp950 plus. Hope you will keep us updated when they release one for my phone.

akarana

akarana

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 ics

If you skipped the subject just a few pages back, here it is again:

These are the mtk6589 phones that will have the full official MIUI support by the end of october:

8 Huawei G520 released
26 Huawei G700 released

Now just remove TD SCDMA phones from list and that´s it.

Be advised that Huawei G520 and G700 are available in both TD-S and W CDMA versions.

Caveat Emptor  :ph34r:

SG8

SG8

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:Mlais MX59

I ordered mine v967s. Which rom do you recommend?

Am looking for a phone for a friend at a reasonable price, he likes my Mlais MX58 Air, and was thinking that the V967S might do the job for him, anybody anything bad (or good!!) to say about the V967S ?

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Once again:
I have zte v987 which is very similar to v967s
and I'm very pleased with my phone.
v967s has lower resolution, lower camera specs
and screen is not as good as v987 has but you
can notice that only when you put them side by side.
Good thing is that you can buy v967s for the half
of its better brother's price.

Edited by dakok, 28 September 2013 - 07:02 AM.

SG8

SG8

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:Mlais MX59

@bladebuddy

Regarding v987:

Touchcsreen - no problems at all
Back & Home "buttons" - depending on rom. Now on latest MIUI - not perfect but much better than on another build. It is probably up to software. I guess it will be solved.
No compass.
GPS - no much testing, but it locks within a minute. For car navigation - OK, for tracking - probably not so good, as it usually is with MTK chip.
Battery - close to 2 days with cca 8h of screen on. Sattisfied :)
Volume - Good. Better than on g300, phoning sound volumes - good. Phoning is very good.

Build quality is very good, except for a spot on back cover where one clip doesn´t click in. But Nillkin hard case fits like a phone body part, so it doesn´t really matter. :)
There are few roms for v987, all very smooth and good. There is a bunch of others I didn`t try.
It has official support from MIUI and Lewa, which is an important fact when you have to decide which phone you should buy. Same goes to v967s.

Thanks!! Much appreciated!!

deuse

deuse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Well Cube haven't got back to me about their Talk 5H having an official MIUI so it looks like the search is still on.

Wish there was a good chinese to english translation site as google is very bad.

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

Some more promo codes for Merimobiles:

Use

hao

for 6% off on orders over $350 (about £215)

Use

yeah

for $10 off on tablets over $200

These codes expire on the 30th of September (2013)

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

GTRX3

GTRX3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 7

Well been playing with the a850 today, which arrived this morning. At first it actually feels a little too big. I haven't used and hd screen phones so the 200ppi doesn't bother me at all (going down from 233ppi). The brightness isn't so great so i'm not looking forward to those really sunny days, but it's fine otherwise.

The performance of the MTK6582M is pretty impressive and very smooth. The camera quality at first seems not so great but comparing it to my samsung omnia 7, it seems to zoom in further when double tapping on an image (accounting for the greater noise and fuzziness of pictures) so its probably comparable to the samsungs 5mp.

The back speaker on it seems a bit rubbish, you lose a lot of clarity when going above 50% volume.

The touchscreen as actually very responsive and it has a neat lenote app which you can draw in and its quite nice to use. The only thing is that with two finger actions, such as pinch to zoom, you need to exaggerate them a little on the bigger screen.

Came with english language preset and also has playstore and root out of the box.

Aside from the speaker and the response to two fingers, some other annoyances include:

-the lenovo ui (as it seems to be missing options in the settings menu such as battery etc.).

-the youtube app (HQ looks rubbish on it and the HD resolution is missing as its not an HD screen; apparently there is an youtube apk which enables HD again so will need to try that).

-The preinstalled email apps crashes (not gmail so can be easily fixed).

-The system update option in the settings causes the phone to crash.

Not had a chance to test the battery or gps yet.

Edited by GTRX3, 28 September 2013 - 08:16 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

Well Cube haven't got back to me about their Talk 5H having an official MIUI so it looks like the search is still on.

Wish there was a good chinese to english translation site as google is very bad.

Is Chrome any better? Or just the same as Google?

Edited by dalyer, 28 September 2013 - 08:42 PM.

apple2005

apple2005

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Is Chrome any better? Or just the same as Google?

Chrome is a browser by Google. The actual translation is done by translate.google.com... You can try bing.com which is provided by Microsoft.

deuse

deuse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Chrome is a browser by Google. The actual translation is done by translate.google.com... You can try bing.com which is provided by Microsoft.

I've tried most with out much luck  :( but some of the translations is well funny  :)

Now I'm going to try and contact Miui and see if the Talk 5H is supported if so then I will get the Talk phone.

But the 8 core cheap chinese chipset comes out this year and should be in phones by Feb 2014.

metal.mickey

metal.mickey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Devices:Newman K1a
Id take care with that larger phone! Ive got the K1a which is 5.3 inches and ive cracked the screen the first time i dropped it.
I guess a larger piece of glass is more likely to break under stress. Get a wallet or a jelly.

Im still wrapped with the phone and the OS. I just found it takes burst mode photos if you hold down the shutter. Really fast camera too. No hanging round for focus and shutter.

MM

deuse

deuse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Id take care with that larger phone! Ive got the K1a which is 5.3 inches and ive cracked the screen the first time i dropped it.
I guess a larger piece of glass is more likely to break under stress. Get a wallet or a jelly.

Im still wrapped with the phone and the OS. I just found it takes burst mode photos if you hold down the shutter. Really fast camera too. No hanging round for focus and shutter.

MM

I got a i2000 which is a 5.7 inch screen but I know what your on about(which I'm selling)  :)  I just want MiUI

for the simple reason it will be updated and not left behind like the rest.

Oh and has anyone over clocked the MT6589 yet?

metal.mickey

metal.mickey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Devices:Newman K1a
my k1a is running the Lewa Rom, and its the slickest ive ever used.

i used to have a blade and a skate and updated them regularly. I dunno it its just the 4.2 Jellybean tha makes the rom so slick or that fact that everything is just so intuitive

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Like I promised, here is review of my new ET100 phone.

I will add few more things, like root, drivers and cwm...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users