[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Congratulations. What phone you got?

I tried buying an UMI X2 but the deal fell through, then I got impatient and didn't want to get caught up in the xmas post. So I bought tillaz's Nexus 4 in the end  :blush: (it is made in china! - i think)

I can highly recommend the tillaz shop.  :D

looks like i'm not getting this.... 

dealsprime lied about stock and decided to tell me after 5 days of me constantly asking if its shipped that they are actually waiting for stock which could be 4 to 8 weeks...

i will not use them again, i despise these Chinese company's that lie about stock just to get your money, and even more after me contacting them

before hand and explaining its a Christmas gift and very important its delivered with in 3 weeks (said this a week ago)

i should of knew this... as mertimobiles said its pre order... 

Edit:

lol how desperate are these company's... they reply after me saying i want a refund, saying sorry we actually meant 4 - 7 days not weeks 

it will be shipped as soon as it arrives....

looks like they will be getting reported to paypal  :(

Few days ago, I saw a warning at some aliexpress phone store saying that it is not advisable to make orders from October thru January due to holidays.

Further it says that big delays can be expected and even

the possibility of package loss.

Guest apple2005

Few days ago, I saw a warning at some aliexpress phone store saying that it is not advisable to make orders from October thru January due to holidays.

Further it says that big delays can be expected and even

the possibility of package loss.

These are 4 months then. A long period. I think a little bit of exaggeration. What the shops will do if they don't do business? There may be pressure on the postal system.:o:angry:

Guest jamie_w

Well I ended up changing my xiaomi red rice order from aliexpress to merimobiles. I went with free shipping but they advised me to go with singerpore post as there is big delays in the free shipping post. It is now on route to UK :-)

Guest MickJack

Had same story from Merimobiles, pipo m7 tablet, free shipping became singapore post at US$18 - but so far good to deal with and cheaper than some, plus may get tablet sooner (before christmas) now marked as despatched to overseas on tracking.

Guest apple2005

No wonder if they sell items for 10% of their price. I am more than willing to wait for a $100 TCL Idol X http://gaga.aliexpress.com/250539016-1002459919-detail.html or a $50 8" tablet http://gaga.aliexpress.com/250610012-1220096076-detail.html.

Unbelievable. How they give this much discount and at the same time claim to be original also? I cannot understand.

Guest apple2005

Have you ordered one? Deals like this are usually too good to be true.

But on the other hand, the shop is very reputable. I myself can't believe. But they are selling only 5 pieces. Could be, to promote their shop.

Have you ordered one? Deals like this are usually too good to be true.

You can't order it yet. It's some sort of "Black Friday" stuff that starts on monday. It will be tough to get one with such a small number of pieces available but hey, it's well worth trying.

looks like i'm not getting this.... 

dealsprime lied about stock and decided to tell me after 5 days of me constantly asking if its shipped that they are actually waiting for stock which could be 4 to 8 weeks...

i will not use them again, i despise these Chinese company's that lie about stock just to get your money, and even more after me contacting them

before hand and explaining its a Christmas gift and very important its delivered with in 3 weeks (said this a week ago)

i should of knew this... as mertimobiles said its pre order... 

Edit:

lol how desperate are these company's... they reply after me saying i want a refund, saying sorry we actually meant 4 - 7 days not weeks 

it will be shipped as soon as it arrives....

looks like they will be getting reported to paypal  :(

Dealsprime (aka Chinagrabber, GadgetGreats, IG8 and a few other names) are the WORST place I have ever dealt with, once they get your money they don't want to know anymore. Avoid at all costs is my motto!!

Dealsprime (aka Chinagrabber, GadgetGreats, IG8 and a few other names) are the WORST place I have ever dealt with, once they get your money they don't want to know anymore. Avoid at all costs is my motto!!

i got a refund within a day of asking, responses have always been fast and the first few times ordering they where great.

But like the other 8 Chinese company's i have tried in the past with no success, including merimobiles,

when they have no stock they just lie and try to make you wait, they also don't change the websites to say stuff are out of stock,

so you never actually know until you try. however merimobiles seem to have changed now and are more honest about stock, judging from there site.

My advice is avoid all Chinese sites, unless you have "plenty" of time to waste and not in a hurry, especially if its a new device with high demand... 

i also do not recommend anyone wait longer than 4 weeks without a tracking number as then you will be very close to no longer been covered by paypal

which without, i don't think most of these people would refund you, and then who knows if they would actually send it.