3532 replies to this topic

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

whats the battery like on w910?

I presume you mean battery lifetime which, as I said, I'll try to measure when I have JB installed (although your mileage may vary depending on use patterns, apps installed, configuration etc.)... but in case you were asking more generally about the battery bear in mind that it's a 1760mAh which could be a bit skimpy for the phone spec and it's also fixed/not (easily) replaceable because the phone case body is sealed up for IP54 dust/moisture resistance.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w

@sedj

Vowney is just as strong as any other MTK6589 phone - few points up or down.

w910 has adreno 225 - that makes the real difference...

Edited by dakok, 04 October 2013 - 10:33 PM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png     

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ironandroid

Ironandroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:motog e s3
@datok
There is a clone phone to the vowney v5 that is called the m5. Would it possible to find the original rom of this phone to compare with the viwney one? Thx in advance

Maringer

Maringer

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

@sedj
Vowney is just as strong as any other MTK6589 phone - few points up or down.
w910 has adreno 225 - that makes the real difference...

Not to mention that in any single-threaded app, a 1.5GHz Krait in the W910 is going to greatly outperform any MTK6589 using the much slower Cortex-A7.

Just a pity about the small battery in the W910, really.

deuse

deuse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Devices:Cube Talk 5H

Not to mention that in any single-threaded app, a 1.5GHz Krait in the W910 is going to greatly outperform any MTK6589 using the much slower Cortex-A7.

Just a pity about the small battery in the W910, really.

I love the dual sim MT6589 phones especially in the UK and Ovivo. I was thinking of getting a White version of the Red Rice

but the 8 core phones will be out soon so I think I will hold off for now.

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Devices:Moto g

I love the dual sim MT6589 phones especially in the UK and Ovivo. I was thinking of getting a White version of the Red Rice

but the 8 core phones will be out soon so I think I will hold off for now.

Always tricky knowing when to jump in, especially on a tight budget. I am hoping that the Red Rice WCDMA will be the no-brainer value for money phone I'm looking for.  I'm thinking that octa-core will be outside my budget & tbh I don't need top end performance anyway. Coming from G300 quad core & better bigger screen will keep me happy for quite a while. 

deuse

deuse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

The red rice is a nice phone but the chinese sellers are asking double the price at the moment.

I would wait till they come down in price.

ace j. ventura

ace j. ventura

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

The red rice is a nice phone but the chinese sellers are asking double the price at the moment.

I would wait till they come down in price.

What's localprice?

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

Delete! :blush:

Edited by george109, 05 October 2013 - 09:37 PM.

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

deuse

deuse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

What's localprice?

$105-but at merimobile it was £120 now it's £168 not worth it as it's just a V5 with a 1.5 cpu. Oh and only the white version is UK 3G.

Just hold out a bit long for the good deals to come back.

Edited by deuse, 05 October 2013 - 08:07 PM.

andy/newbie

andy/newbie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Devices:huawie g510,rk3066 tablet

yeah, its great for the price and made by a well known manufacture

4.5 inch IPS display
Snapdragon MSM8225 Dual-core 1.2GHz
HSPA+
Android 4.0
records 720p video
2000mAh battery

beats the G300 by quite a lot for the same price, not sure about custom roms but you can have them send it pre-rooted

you can see better pictures of it here https://www.google.c...iw=1366&bih=643

its the same specks as g510 only ics though

Edited by andy/newbie, 05 October 2013 - 08:34 PM.

sedj

sedj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

its the same specks as g510 only ics though

Quoting a really old post there, things have moved on from then.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w

@datok
There is a clone phone to the vowney v5 that is called the m5. Would it possible to find the original rom of this phone to compare with the viwney one? Thx in advance

Interesting find, on the outside - Mogu M5 looks just like Vowney v5.

Mogu M5:

mogum5.jpg

Vowney v5:

2013-06-27-0153236502.jpg

Manufacturer 

Forum

Forum

Couldn`t find m5 rom there. :(

Original name: 蘑菇M5

logo-telekineza.png     

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 

Armadillo1

Armadillo1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego

Hey. 

I haven't followed this discussion much since I got a Nexus 4. 

I'm now looking for a cheap as chips phone to be used while biking. So, as there's a high risk of breaking it while riding a bike and it'll only be used for a couple of apps I'm thinking £30-40.

Obviously GPS needs to work flawlessly. Any recommendations? 

www.peterchristiansen.co.uk
Music production and sound design

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Exactly. There is an English guide in one of my posts that can be easily followed (a PDF with polish and english language guide). Root is as easy as it can be using one-click eRoot (mentioned in the guide). The rest is a classic CWM work.

EDIT: oops. I posted the guide link in some weird way. The address shown was correct but the link itself wasn't. I's now been corrected. Sorry 'bout that. :)

Thanks a lot. Rooted and got CWM installed but I'm too tired to go the full hog and install the JB 4.1.2 ROM just now so maybe tomorrow.

I was worried about talk elsewhere of there only being a Chinese language CWM available but the one that you linked to is thankfully the English 6.0.1.5.

Did you or somebody else mention additional mods that can be flashed - in particular a battery optimization one? Any links?

Thanks again! :-)

Hi ovecka - I got that JB 4.1.2 ROM installed but it doesn't want to switch on wifi for me... :-( I did all CWM wipes/formats before installing and did a CWM factory reset before booting it but no joy. I did a second install of the ROM with all wipes/formats just in case but same. No wifi at all. Even the MAC address is blank. 

I was able to use wifi on the original preinstalled (Qihoo +360) ICS ROM but when I restored my backup of that wifi no longer works there either. :-( 

Any ideas... HELP! :-(

Edit: I installed the JB 4.1.2 ROM from this Spanish forum (http://www.movilesdu...stellano.40695/) and now wifi works!?! I'll play around with this a bit more and see if I can figure it out. As far as I can see there are a few JB (all 4.1.2?) ROMS available - the one that you posted (Czech forum?), the one from the Spanish forum, another one on a Polish forum and the one on the PandaWill forum. Some of these could be the same. I'll try to collate a list of links/ROMs...

Edited by dalyer, 05 October 2013 - 10:58 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

did someone on here just get the Haier w910 ? if so any chance of posting some benchmarks ?

Sorry about the delay.

I'm running this JB 4.1.2 ROM right now: http://www.movilesdu...stellano.40695/

I ran AnTuTu 4.0.3 and it gave 16313 and ranked it between the HTC One X and Google Nexus 4.

Judging by the barcharts it scored significantly better than these two on the 3D tests which I guess is down to the GPU.

I'm not that familiar with other benchmark tools (and I realise that synthetic benchmark results must be treated with caution) but I also ran these:

LinPack 1.2.8

Run single thread MFLOPS = 142.817 time = 0.59 secs 

Run multi-thread MFLOPS = 299.054 time = 0.56 secs

I tried using 3DMark but at a glance couldn't see a result score...  :blush:

Hope this helps

ovecka

ovecka

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Hi ovecka - I got that JB 4.1.2 ROM installed but it doesn't want to switch on wifi for me... :-( I did all CWM wipes/formats before installing and did a CWM factory reset before booting it but no joy. I did a second install of the ROM with all wipes/formats just in case but same. No wifi at all. Even the MAC address is blank. 

I was able to use wifi on the original preinstalled (Qihoo +360) ICS ROM but when I restored my backup of that wifi no longer works there either. :-( 

Any ideas... HELP! :-(

Edit: I installed the JB 4.1.2 ROM from this Spanish forum (http://www.movilesdu...stellano.40695/) and now wifi works!?! I'll play around with this a bit more and see if I can figure it out. As far as I can see there are a few JB (all 4.1.2?) ROMS available - the one that you posted (Czech forum?), the one from the Spanish forum, another one on a Polish forum and the one on the PandaWill forum. Some of these could be the same. I'll try to collate a list of links/ROMs...

That's weird. I haven't got any problems with wi-fi whatsoever. I've got no idea what can cause that. :( It's good that the Spanish one works for you. 

Ironandroid

Ironandroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:motog e s3

Mogu M5:

mogum5.jpg

Vowney v5:

2013-06-27-0153236502.jpg

Manufacturer 
Forum
Forum

Couldn`t find m5 rom there. :(

Thank you anyhow

SG8

SG8

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:Mlais MX59
Just got my hands on the THL W200, not sure whether to keep it and sell my MX58 Air. Decisions Decisions!!!

akarana

akarana

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 ics

Mogu M5:

Original name: mushroom (as a noun), or dawdle (as a verb)

Aah, that Chinese sense of humor again ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users