[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guys, Im wondering for buying phone and i saw price for ascend g300 130e , not big , but i saw and g510 , y300 they are alot cheaper and i need phone of price like 130-140e most idk what to do is g300 better cuz of bigger price or idk ???? I kinda want to buy huawei cuz of android they have , i mean its simple like on nexus but nexus is too expensive ....

You are not seeing difference, because nexus 4 screen is smaller than nexus 5. The smaller the screen, the more crispy will be the screen, provided the resolution is not decreased much.

My galaxy s2 screen is much better than my zopo 950 plus screen which is 1280x720.

its only 0.25 inch bigger (4.95 inch on nexus 5) but with a 1080p display.

Guest apple2005

its only 0.25 inch bigger (4.95 inch on nexus 5) but with a 1080p display.

i just read something saying that 2k is only 6.5% bigger than 1080p... anyone know if that's true?

I think 1080p is more than sufficient for a display 5 inch and above. Higher resolutions will drain more battery for only a cosmetic difference in screen quality. My opinion.

I adapted MTK6592 8x core phone table (fresh data) yesterday and here is MTK6582 phone table:

http://www.telekineza.com/4-jezgreni-mtk6582-mobiteli-originalni-kineski-brendovi/

Mediatek removed their data from source page, and closest I could reach is December 31. 2013. (86 phones).

If anyone knows a better source, please tell :)

TD-SCDMA 3G standard phones are removed from the list since there is no use for them outside of China. Interesting - there were no CDMA models released.
Ampe, tablet manufacturer released one 5" model, just like Cube did earlier with their first 8-core phone.

One of the best sellers should be Huawei 3C - known in China as Hongmi Killer. It is 1 Yuan cheaper and has several specs better than Hongmi - especially the camera. There are only few 13MP camera phones?
MTK6582`s top resolution is 1280 x 720 - enough for 5"-5.5" screens.

Gionee T1, should have dual 3G reception - TD-SCDMA + WCDMA like many 8-core MTK6592 devices – convenient for regular China visitors. :) Rumour is that it could have the fingerprint scanner on back side, just like Vivo Xplay 3S.

Best Buys are 80 buck Mlais, Hasee and Compass phones.  
Edited by dakok

Guest metal.mickey

Hey y'all

just an update re the phone i bought back in august.  The Newman K1 aka  Newsmy / freelander i30

It has developed a "ghost touch" on the "return/back" key. Do you think this may be a hardware or software issue. I cracked the top right hand edge of the screen the 2nd week i had it, but i didnt initally affect the performance of the phone

Its only a minor annoyance at the moment, but im using the issue as an excuse to buy a new phone, probably the Moto G

MM

Guest apple2005
Hey y'all just an update re the phone i bought back in august. The Newman K1 aka Newsmy / freelander i30 It has developed a "ghost touch" on the "return/back" key. Do you think this may be a hardware or software issue. I cracked the top right hand edge of the screen the 2nd week i had it, but i didnt initally affect the performance of the phone Its only a minor annoyance at the moment, but im using the issue as an excuse to buy a new phone, probably the Moto G MM
Ghost touches are commonly reported in Chinese phones. But that is about screen touches. Yours problem is the capacitive button. I think it has sustained damage due to the same injury to the screen. There are work around available to disable the hardware buttons provided you install a rom with software buttons. But if you have decided to buy a new phone then Goodluck for your new buy. Edited by apple2005

I think not. :)

There is no euro-compatible Jiayu G2f in stores yet. Even in China. 

No China Unicom nor WCDMA - nope...

You can only see some sellers unfair advertising.

That`s all..

Edited by dakok

It was a kind of promo event for Mlais MX28 where they set that price.

There are three Mlais official Tao stores that sell it for $100. 

Mlais was probably using the Xiaomi`s tactics:

You can sell the phone for $80 - bottom price.

That price is pretty low, but it brings you some money.

That class of phone can be easily sold $130 today.

That class of phone will have the average selling price of $80 in 6 months (huge competition and advancing technology).

Now you advertise it at $80 and everybody goes bananas :D

Until the head scratching time passes - it will actually have the advertised price :)

Hasee & Compass - dont know, but it seems that the lowest new 4xcore and 8xcore models

will soon have the today 2xcore and 4xcore lowest price, i.e. ~$90 and ~$150

There is a $147 octa-core in China - Coolpad Big God F1 (what a name! - Ecclestone should buy himself one)

but it doesnt have compatible 3G antenna 

Edited by dakok

Guest apple2005

Hi all.

I want to sell my VOYO A15 tablet on eBay. What is the procedure? How much I can get? I bought that by 380 dollars. It is in mint condition, sparingly used. Your opinion will be highly appreciated.

Guest Maringer

Best thing to do is look to see the prices of comparable devices and set your price accordingly. You will need to set a reasonable starting price and factor in the cost of the eBay (and Paypal) fees.

Be certain to check out shipping costs and you really want to be sending it by a reliable and trackable service. Using a registered postal service greatly reduces the chances of you getting ripped off as you can confirm that it has been delivered. Make sure you pack the tablet very securely when it is sent as well.

Make sure you describe the tablet accurately, get a couple of good photos to show it is in good condition and include as much information (including keywords) in the item title as you can. Also, make sure you enter the listing in the correct product category!

Get all these things right and you've got a better chance of more buyers finding the device and entering bids.

Guest apple2005

Best thing to do is look to see the prices of comparable devices and set your price accordingly. You will need to set a reasonable starting price and factor in the cost of the eBay (and Paypal) fees.

Be certain to check out shipping costs and you really want to be sending it by a reliable and trackable service. Using a registered postal service greatly reduces the chances of you getting ripped off as you can confirm that it has been delivered. Make sure you pack the tablet very securely when it is sent as well.

Make sure you describe the tablet accurately, get a couple of good photos to show it is in good condition and include as much information (including keywords) in the item title as you can. Also, make sure you enter the listing in the correct product category!

Get all these things right and you've got a better chance of more buyers finding the device and entering bids.

Thanks a million Maringer. Actually I couldn't find any used Voyo A15 on eBay. The only one I found is a new one with a price of 445 US dollars. So I don't know what price I have to put? As I told before, I bought it for more than 350 dollars. But it is in mint condition. No scratches. Working good. I want to sell because it is big for me.

Do I have to put a reserve price? And how much? If I put any reserve price, am I obliged to sell at the end of auction on whatever last bid, I get? I am confused in that. Further help will be much appreciated.

Not being smart but if you want to learn about the mechanics of selling on eBay then it's already well documented on the eBay help guides.

Stuff like how you price it etc. is a separate matter and is quite subjective.

Guest Maringer

If you put a reserve price on, I believe you are obliged to accept once a bid exceeding that amount has been made.

To tell the truth, although our company sells a lot on eBay, it is all fixed price sales so I'm not really au fait with all the auction side of things.

Don't underprice it but, on the other hand don't overprice it either. Electronics (especially those not of a major brand), tend to depreciate very quickly indeed.

Even though the tablet may be in mint condition, I'd be surprised if you got near to the amount you paid for it. If you get near $300, I'd be surprised - just a guess, however.

Make sure you praise it (but not too much!), link to good reviews and describe any tweaks you have made to improve it (root, play store installation, etc etc).

Bear in mind that buyers on eBay can be a pain in the neck so try to be patient with them, no matter how daft their questions may appear.

Other than that, good luck!

Guest apple2005

If you put a reserve price on, I believe you are obliged to accept once a bid exceeding that amount has been made.

To tell the truth, although our company sells a lot on eBay, it is all fixed price sales so I'm not really au fait with all the auction side of things.

Don't underprice it but, on the other hand don't overprice it either. Electronics (especially those not of a major brand), tend to depreciate very quickly indeed.

Even though the tablet may be in mint condition, I'd be surprised if you got near to the amount you paid for it. If you get near $300, I'd be surprised - just a guess, however.

Make sure you praise it (but not too much!), link to good reviews and describe any tweaks you have made to improve it (root, play store installation, etc etc).

Bear in mind that buyers on eBay can be a pain in the neck so try to be patient with them, no matter how daft their questions may appear.

Other than that, good luck!

Thanks once again Maringer for the help. God bless you.

Guest ChrisPNE

Has buying phones from China become less of a bargain and died a death, compared to last year there is not much activity on this discussion

I think the Moto G has made China phones redundant. It has delivered solid specs and a UK warranty at the same price point.

"I think the Moto G has made China phones redundant. It has delivered solid specs and a UK warranty at the same price point".

Wondered that, but so use to a 5" now, looking for the same or bigger, so guess the next Chinese bargain will be on Octocore phones

Has buying phones from China become less of a bargain and died a death, compared to last year there is not much activity on this discussion.

I think everyone is waiting for some decent cheap octacore phones to appear and for the Chinese holidays to finish. There are definitely some good phones out there but most of us cant justify buying new ones every few months and I'm still loving my Nexus 4 at the moment.  :D

Plus I've been too busy rooting and playing with my Hudl. 

Edited by Guest

Guest ChrisPNE

"I think the Moto G has made China phones redundant. It has delivered solid specs and a UK warranty at the same price point".

Wondered that, but so use to a 5" now, looking for the same or bigger, so guess the next Chinese bargain will be on Octocore phones

Whilst I am used to my 5 inch V5, the 4.5 inch Moto G is perfectly usable. Much more easily pocketed as well.