3456 replies to this topic

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Devices:Moto g

Been looking here for some time for a "best buy" upgrade for my G300. Almost bought a couple of times but have until now delayed due to occasional reports of minor faults in some phones received, plus long delivery times & the prospect of bigger / better / cheaper phones  (octacore/ MTK 6592 or 6588 chips/ Xiaomi Hongmi/ Nexus5) coming soon.

N'way - fwiw I've always seen this as a best buy / bargain phone topic regardless of source & I'd like to thank all contributors.  Today I decided to pay a (quite :unsure: ) a bit more than originally intended & ordered a Nexus5.  Reasons - cordless charging, latest operating system - always, 4G, easy to sort any issues & I'll have it tomorrow :) 

I've got a feeling I'll still be fancying a few china phones coming soon tho lol

Btw for those in UK if you go to CPW via TCB there's £3.50 cashback & then CPW are giving a £50 "experience" voucher as well.  So the way I sold it to myself is £295 less £53.50 = Nexus5 for £241.50.  Not bad eh!    

Edited by Titas, 01 November 2013 - 12:15 PM.

SG8

SG8

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:Mlais MX59

I'm selling my W200. Don't know whether to go eBay, gumtree as it isn't very well known. Perfect condition so I'm sure someone would pay a good amount to avoid waiting for shipping etc.

Not sure where we stand on buying Chinese phones with the whole battery thing going on?

Put it up on ebay, I will keep an eye out for it!!!

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

Put it up on ebay, I will keep an eye out for it!!!

Same!

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

Double post! :wacko:

Anyway I might as well use this one to share another promo code for Merimobiles:

Early shoppers discount for Christmas 2013.

Get 5% off all purchases over $150 this week! 
Enter code: Vettel

Edited by george109, 01 November 2013 - 04:38 PM.

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,874 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

Been looking here for some time for a "best buy" upgrade for my G300. Almost bought a couple of times but have until now delayed due to occasional reports of minor faults in some phones received, plus long delivery times & the prospect of bigger / better / cheaper phones  (octacore/ MTK 6592 or 6588 chips/ Xiaomi Hongmi/ Nexus5) coming soon.

N'way - fwiw I've always seen this as a best buy / bargain phone topic regardless of source & I'd like to thank all contributors.  Today I decided to pay a (quite :unsure: ) a bit more than originally intended & ordered a Nexus5.  Reasons - cordless charging, latest operating system - always, 4G, easy to sort any issues & I'll have it tomorrow :) 

I've got a feeling I'll still be fancying a few china phones coming soon tho lol

Btw for those in UK if you go to CPW via TCB there's £3.50 cashback & then CPW are giving a £50 "experience" voucher as well.  So the way I sold it to myself is £295 less £53.50 = Nexus5 for £241.50.  Not bad eh!    

sweet, getting it here is actually cheaper anyway as it has free delivery (Google charge £9.99)

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Ok will do. Just got my brand new flip case today too! Shame as it's really nice. Replaces the full back cover as it is a galaxy style flip case...like a book.

Should I go buy it now? Or just auction style?!

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
http://www.droid-lif...ncher-and-more/
Speaking of Nexus here is some
interesting stuff

I am trying nexus 5 camera on miui v5
and it works :)

Edited by dakok, 01 November 2013 - 07:56 PM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ironandroid

Ironandroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:motog e s3
some posts ago there was a question on the quality of focalprice. I am experiencing a tough transaction with them but as it is still in progress i am holding back my verdict . As soon as it ends i would like to share it with you all

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,874 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

i think we will see a load of new low end china phones running 4.4 as its configured to run good on only 512MB RAM

and i would Imagen the new high end MTK6592 will also ship with 4.4.1  :)

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4,Tesco Hudl

Received full refund back to paypal today from Antelife.com, 1 day after they said they would process it. So far in my experience their customer service seems pretty good.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w

RE: Antelife, although ....

Maybe its because I'm dealing with the "Sales" department rather than "Customer Service", but that would hold true for most companies in the world.

Which e-mail did you use?

I didn`t have great experience with their CS e-mail.

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Which e-mail did you use?

I didn`t have great experience with their CS e-mail.

The email address was [email protected]

Ascend

Ascend

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Devices:S3, Cubot GT99, G300

First thoughts on my Tronsmart TS7   1/8Gb. 

I have converted it to a Cubot One by flashing a stock ROM. There were no Tronsmart badges on it anywhere.

It is fast with no lag at all. Battery life is extraordinary. Looking at it now (2040hrs) it is at 65% where normally my S3 would be looking for a charger. I normally charge overnight so 100% first thing in the morning.

There are a couple of MIUI ROM's available so will try them soon.

Huawei G300 ICS

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

First thoughts on my Tronsmart TS7   1/8Gb. 

I have converted it to a Cubot One by flashing a stock ROM. There were no Tronsmart badges on it anywhere.

It is fast with no lag at all. Battery life is extraordinary. Looking at it now (2040hrs) it is at 65% where normally my S3 would be looking for a charger. I normally charge overnight so 100% first thing in the morning.

There are a couple of MIUI ROM's available so will try them soon.

Whats the GPS and the camera like on it?

Ascend

Ascend

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Edit

Edited by Ascend, 02 November 2013 - 09:35 PM.

Huawei G300 ICS

Ascend

Ascend

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Hadn't tried GPS until you asked but it locked for first time in 3 mins. Not done any of the tweeks to improve it.

Camera is excellent.

Huawei G300 ICS

Ascend

Ascend

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Antutu 16021

Huawei G300 ICS

Ascend

Ascend

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Using GPS status app it locks in a few seconds.

Edited by Ascend, 02 November 2013 - 09:57 PM.

Huawei G300 ICS

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200

Really can't be bothered to list my W200 on eBay is anyone actually interested in buying it? It's mint with the box etc. Also bought this case extra.

760176880_782.jpg

If anyone is interested i will put it up on eBay or we can sort something?

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
I've just been reading the last few posts, and I say that it's ok to post about some non-china phones as long as its in the price range of most China phones, and it's something we all want to hear about. The Nexus line of devices is the most popular line in the Android community, so it's not out of hand to post it here.

If you get angry about a phone someone has posted, ignore it. They probably won't post it again. If offtopic phones keep on getting posted by the same person, tell me, and I'll find out where they live for you.

Alright, back to the discussion.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users