3532 replies to this topic

shweeney

shweeney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

@Shweeney.

can you show me how to install rom manager on my K1a and let me have a copy of the recovery image. The one i have doesnt load via mobile uncle so no clockwork mod or roms.

thanks

MM

I used the instructions here

I didn't have a stock rom to get the boot.img from so I used the backup feature in "MTKDroidTools" to extract it from the phone.  I only used CWM to install Gapps - I'm happy enough with the stock ROM that's on the phone . 

SG8

SG8

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:Mlais MX59

from system / etc

send me the vold.vstab

(open the rom .zip on your computer with 7zip or winrar and drag it onto your desktop) or (use a root file manager on the phone and copy to sdcard)

Thanks Tillaz, but the The rom I downloaded (when unzipped) gives me a 'clockword mod' folder with a backup folder and another folder inside that with some .tar files and one of them is called system.ext4.tar so I unzipped that folder and within the system folder that that produced there is a folder called 'etc' but there are no files in that folder that end with .vstab
There is a vold.fstab so I am not sure I am going the right way about this ??

Is the vold.fstab any use or is it a different file entirely ?

apple2005

apple2005

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

I got it yesterday, too :)
From antelife. 45 days travel :(
I am impressed with it. Screen is not as good as v987 is (which is spectacular), but it is still very good. I couldn't fit nillkin case ( I had a spare one, from my v987) because it is a tiny bit fatter. Imak cowboy case fits fine.
It had Chinese cwm on but I replaced it with carlivs cwm and flashed his Max Flavour latest ROM.
The phone is fantastic, especially for $130 I paid for it.
More especially when I saw it for $175 at Banggod today :)
Back cover is much better than that of v987 which squeaks a bit.
Definitely THE best buy quad core phone.

I handed over to my colleague, for whom it was meant for. I was really impressed with the quality. Now they have increased the price, seeing the demand. I bought it for 132 but now it is minimum 155 and above on different stores. The problem is that my other friends also are asking for that but now that store has increased the price to 190...:-)

Edited by apple2005, 21 November 2013 - 09:13 AM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts
  • Interests:Space
  • Devices:Moto X

Thanks Tillaz, but the The rom I downloaded (when unzipped) gives me a 'clockword mod' folder with a backup folder and another folder inside that with some .tar files and one of them is called system.ext4.tar so I unzipped that folder and within the system folder that that produced there is a folder called 'etc' but there are no files in that folder that end with .vstab
There is a vold.fstab so I am not sure I am going the right way about this ??

Is the vold.fstab any use or is it a different file entirely ?

yeah that's the file i need

metal.mickey

metal.mickey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Devices:Newman K1a
how do i extract the boot image from the rom.

///#

ok gone through the process and no device is listed via mtkTools. i manged to make a recovery from dloaded files but after i flash it in MobileUncle it just reboots and then restarts

any ideas

mm

Edited by metal.mickey, 21 November 2013 - 05:02 PM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts

how do i extract the boot image from the rom.

///#

ok gone through the process and no device is listed via mtkTools. i manged to make a recovery from dloaded files but after i flash it in MobileUncle it just reboots and then restarts

any ideas

mm

its in the root of the roms.zip package, open it on your computer with winrar

metal.mickey

metal.mickey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Devices:Newman K1a
im used to the old way of following the instructions or simply plugging in the phone and clicking on a .bat file.

never mind, i guess thats what i get for a phone with no cummunity behind it.

Only 9 months to go before i get a new one...probly octacore by then.

mm

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts

anyone used http://www.1buy.com or http://www.orientdeal.com

really want to get the Teclast P78s for £60 but merimobiles say its pre-order but every where else says its in stock ???

dealsprime have it but for some reason no longer offer free shipping to uk...

info on the tablet here for people interested

http://www.teclast.com/zhuanti/p78sc4/

sedj

sedj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
Looks real nice but 1200x800 ?

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts

Looks real nice but 1200x800 ?

1280 x 800 (800p) little bit higher res than the original nexus 7, for £60 its a steal 

the allwinner A31s Soc it uses scores 20000+ on antutu and they actually release some source so building cyanogenmod for it will be possible 

in fact people already have for this Soc http://www.slatedroi...ate-2013-11-16/

i want it to throw in with my daughters xmas stuff, but not sure if its really available yet... as there are no videos or anything of it on YouTube  

apple2005

apple2005

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

anyone used http://www.1buy.com or http://www.orientdeal.com

really want to get the Teclast P78s for £60 but merimobiles say its pre-order but every where else says its in stock ???

dealsprime have it but for some reason no longer offer free shipping to uk...

info on the tablet here for people interested
http://www.teclast.com/zhuanti/p78sc4/

Hi,
Being an all time Android user, a few days back I bought an ipad mini 4g 16gb (just to see the feel and quality). I was really impressed with the quality and battery life but unfortunately I didn't like the IOS. You can't do whatever you want to do like Android.
Is there anything near to such quality in Chinese Android tablets(8 inches) ? I want to buy one. Thanks.

apple2005

apple2005

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Yes, one time I bought something from orientdeal. But they immediately returned my money presumably they didn't had in stock. I had no interaction with the other one.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
There is an interesting quad core phone for $90.
Jajatong W450 has the new mtk6582 SoC and scores
near 17000 in antutu...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png     

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

apple2005

apple2005

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

near 17000 in antutu...

What are the specs? Anybody bought it? Where it is available?
My friends are asking me to buy ZTE 967s for them but now the prices have gone up. Will you please help me to find another decent phone having the same specs with less price tag. I shall be much thankful.

Edited by apple2005, 24 November 2013 - 10:57 AM.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
Look at geekbuying for w450 phone. Set the price in AUD and ask them for $5 discount at their facebook page.

logo-telekineza.png     

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 

SG8

SG8

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:Mlais MX59

yeah that's the file i need

Found another ROM which seems to do the job also, without any issue with the storage etc., so am all sorted!!

Thanks again for the assistance!

Hurders

Hurders

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

near 17000 in antutu...

I saw this a week or 2 ago, very cheap at under £70 GBP. Only downside I see is the slightly disappointing 480x854 screen resolution.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

near 17000 in antutu...

What are the specs? Anybody bought it? Where it is available? My friends are asking me to buy ZTE 967s for them but now the prices have gone up. Will you please help me to find another decent phone having the same specs with less price tag. I shall be much thankful.

I saw this a week or 2 ago, very cheap at under £70 GBP. Only downside I see is the slightly disappointing 480x854 screen resolution.

FWIW 

http://www.gizchina....ientphone-w450/

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts

looks like most china phone stores on the web are not offering free shipping to the UK anymore...

once you get to making the payment on paypal a box pops up with shipping prices, so i ended up just going back to dealsprime and paying the $15 for DHL 

altogether it came to £69... (used 3% off coupon) looks a great tablet will let people know what its like when i receive it if interested. 

apple2005

apple2005

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

looks like most china phone stores on the web are not offering free shipping to the UK anymore...
once you get to making the payment on paypal a box pops up with shipping prices, so i ended up just going back to dealsprime and paying the $15 for DHL
altogether it came to £69... (used 3% off coupon) looks a great tablet will let people know what its like when i receive it if interested.

Which tablet you are talking about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users