* * * * * 7 votes

3468 replies to this topic

Maringer

Maringer

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Best thing to do is look to see the prices of comparable devices and set your price accordingly. You will need to set a reasonable starting price and factor in the cost of the eBay (and Paypal) fees.

Be certain to check out shipping costs and you really want to be sending it by a reliable and trackable service. Using a registered postal service greatly reduces the chances of you getting ripped off as you can confirm that it has been delivered. Make sure you pack the tablet very securely when it is sent as well.

Make sure you describe the tablet accurately, get a couple of good photos to show it is in good condition and include as much information (including keywords) in the item title as you can. Also, make sure you enter the listing in the correct product category!

Get all these things right and you've got a better chance of more buyers finding the device and entering bids.

apple2005

apple2005

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Best thing to do is look to see the prices of comparable devices and set your price accordingly. You will need to set a reasonable starting price and factor in the cost of the eBay (and Paypal) fees.

Be certain to check out shipping costs and you really want to be sending it by a reliable and trackable service. Using a registered postal service greatly reduces the chances of you getting ripped off as you can confirm that it has been delivered. Make sure you pack the tablet very securely when it is sent as well.

Make sure you describe the tablet accurately, get a couple of good photos to show it is in good condition and include as much information (including keywords) in the item title as you can. Also, make sure you enter the listing in the correct product category!

Get all these things right and you've got a better chance of more buyers finding the device and entering bids.

Thanks a million Maringer. Actually I couldn't find any used Voyo A15 on eBay. The only one I found is a new one with a price of 445 US dollars. So I don't know what price I have to put? As I told before, I bought it for more than 350 dollars. But it is in mint condition. No scratches. Working good. I want to sell because it is big for me.
Do I have to put a reserve price? And how much? If I put any reserve price, am I obliged to sell at the end of auction on whatever last bid, I get? I am confused in that. Further help will be much appreciated.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Not being smart but if you want to learn about the mechanics of selling on eBay then it's already well documented on the eBay help guides.

Stuff like how you price it etc. is a separate matter and is quite subjective.

Maringer

Maringer

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

If you put a reserve price on, I believe you are obliged to accept once a bid exceeding that amount has been made.

To tell the truth, although our company sells a lot on eBay, it is all fixed price sales so I'm not really au fait with all the auction side of things.

Don't underprice it but, on the other hand don't overprice it either. Electronics (especially those not of a major brand), tend to depreciate very quickly indeed.

Even though the tablet may be in mint condition, I'd be surprised if you got near to the amount you paid for it. If you get near $300, I'd be surprised - just a guess, however.

Make sure you praise it (but not too much!), link to good reviews and describe any tweaks you have made to improve it (root, play store installation, etc etc).

Bear in mind that buyers on eBay can be a pain in the neck so try to be patient with them, no matter how daft their questions may appear.

Other than that, good luck!

apple2005

apple2005

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

If you put a reserve price on, I believe you are obliged to accept once a bid exceeding that amount has been made.

To tell the truth, although our company sells a lot on eBay, it is all fixed price sales so I'm not really au fait with all the auction side of things.

Don't underprice it but, on the other hand don't overprice it either. Electronics (especially those not of a major brand), tend to depreciate very quickly indeed.

Even though the tablet may be in mint condition, I'd be surprised if you got near to the amount you paid for it. If you get near $300, I'd be surprised - just a guess, however.

Make sure you praise it (but not too much!), link to good reviews and describe any tweaks you have made to improve it (root, play store installation, etc etc).

Bear in mind that buyers on eBay can be a pain in the neck so try to be patient with them, no matter how daft their questions may appear.

Other than that, good luck!

Thanks once again Maringer for the help. God bless you.

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:coolpad F1 8297w & redmi note2

Has buying phones from China become less of a bargain and died a death, compared to last year there is not much activity on this discussion

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@ChrisPNE

Has buying phones from China become less of a bargain and died a death, compared to last year there is not much activity on this discussion

I think the Moto G has made China phones redundant. It has delivered solid specs and a UK warranty at the same price point.

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:coolpad F1 8297w & redmi note2
"I think the Moto G has made China phones redundant. It has delivered solid specs and a UK warranty at the same price point".

Wondered that, but so use to a 5" now, looking for the same or bigger, so guess the next Chinese bargain will be on Octocore phones

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4,Tesco Hudl

Has buying phones from China become less of a bargain and died a death, compared to last year there is not much activity on this discussion.

I think everyone is waiting for some decent cheap octacore phones to appear and for the Chinese holidays to finish. There are definitely some good phones out there but most of us cant justify buying new ones every few months and I'm still loving my Nexus 4 at the moment.  :D

Plus I've been too busy rooting and playing with my Hudl. 

Edited by rob4x4, 26 January 2014 - 05:46 PM.

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@ChrisPNE

"I think the Moto G has made China phones redundant. It has delivered solid specs and a UK warranty at the same price point".

Wondered that, but so use to a 5" now, looking for the same or bigger, so guess the next Chinese bargain will be on Octocore phones

Whilst I am used to my 5 inch V5, the 4.5 inch Moto G is perfectly usable. Much more easily pocketed as well.

Maringer

Maringer

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
The Moto G's relatively small storage space and lack of micro SD card slot really puts it at a disadvantage to the chinese phones. I know it is possible to get a small OTG card reader to get extra storage, but this is something else to carry around and would also mean you couldn't charge the phone at the same time.

With the media playback and recording capabilities of modern phones, the decision to cripple them with small amounts of storage is a big disappointment.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

the moto G now has a GPE edition so it will be well supported with official updates until at least 3 more versions of android, to me its like a nexus mini.

Maringer

Maringer

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
I see that a dual-SIM version of the Moto G has been released in some territories as well. Wonder if any of these will find their way over to the UK? Dual-SIM support would take another advantage away from the china phones manufacturers. However, it looks to me as though there won't be any 32GB+ versions of these cheaper phones, at least not for some time. The manufacturers rather cynically seem to only produce higher-end phones with 32GB+ of storage.

With cameras in the high-end phones capable of recording full HD 60fps video and some mid-range phones supporting full HD at 30fps, it really is ridiculous that the manufacturers feel they can get away with releasing devices with just 16GB of non-expandable storage.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

I see that a dual-SIM version of the Moto G has been released in some territories as well. Wonder if any of these will find their way over to the UK? Dual-SIM support would take another advantage away from the china phones manufacturers. However, it looks to me as though there won't be any 32GB+ versions of these cheaper phones, at least not for some time. The manufacturers rather cynically seem to only produce higher-end phones with 32GB+ of storage.

With cameras in the high-end phones capable of recording full HD 60fps video and some mid-range phones supporting full HD at 30fps, it really is ridiculous that the manufacturers feel they can get away with releasing devices with just 16GB of non-expandable storage.

its something that seems to get over looked all the time, when you think how far mobile tech has advanced over the last 5 years,

single core to Octa Core, 512mb RAM to 3GB RAM, VGA to 4K recording (Acer been the first, more will follow) VGA display to 2K displays

and more things i probably missed...

yet the size of flash memory has not changed at all 8GB / 16GB and in rare cases 32GB / 64GB (Samsung / Apple)  

and the price for them has not seemed to lower at all over the last 5 year, unlike everything else..

You would think 32GB would be the standard today and the higher end devices moved on to 124GB at least, because the size of 4k videos phones are starting to recoding in are ridiculously big.   

apple2005

apple2005

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Okay, so which Chinese phone, you are waiting for? I am waiting for iocean X8 or G7. I hope they are not delayed.

Maringer

Maringer

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

I think I've decided that I need a better camera on my next phone. Something relatively cheap but, reputedly, with a decent camera such as a Huawei Honor 3C or possibly the new Dakele phone which has been previewed?

http://www.gizchina....flagship-phone/

As I'm intending to wait a few months now, it will be interesting to see what other devices are released with improved cameras.

apple2005

apple2005

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I think I've decided that I need a better camera on my next phone. Something relatively cheap but, reputedly, with a decent camera such as a Huawei Honor 3C or possibly the new Dakele phone which has been previewed?

http://www.gizchina....flagship-phone/

As I'm intending to wait a few months now, it will be interesting to see what other devices are released with improved cameras.

My priority is not camera centered. Off course it should have a decent camera which I can use occasionally but my priority is big screen, at least 5.7 inches with gorilla glass. So that I can put in my pocket without cover. The cover make the phone much bigger.

Ceaușescu

Ceaușescu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Okay, so which Chinese phone, you are waiting for? I am waiting for iocean X8 or G7. I hope they are not delayed.

Are sold in Romaynia?

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

just been looking at the octa-core phones on merrimobiles and they are all 5inch plus... some even 6.5inch, crazy... 

http://www.merimobiles.com/8-core/ anyone know of any 4.7inch?

Umeox X5 apparently now the worlds thinnest phone @ 5.6mm

http://www.phonearen...of-year_id44480

and lenovo buying Motorola ? nexus style china phones ???  

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-25956284

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Devices:None :(
Personally if i where to buy a new phone right now i would buy a nexus 5 or a Xperia Z1. I am still loving my xiaomi m2s but in the future i would want 5" and LTE (4g)

But going to another phone i would really miss the 2 system partitions wich makes it very easy to dualboot. I now have WIUI on system 1 and Cyanogenmod on system 2. And i really like that i can switch from time to time.

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users