* * * * * 7 votes

3356 replies to this topic

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_
I totally agree with Colossa3;

8mp with that benchmark should equal great pics, with zero lag when you take the picture. And videos should be smooth and lag free.

My only problem with the Xiaomi M2A, apart from the small 4.5 inch screen, is the price, if I'm going to spend over £200 then I'd rather buy an LG :http://www.expansys....0-black-229927/ £250, 5" and in country.

Now if I did have a spare £300 plus laying around and a plane ticket to China then this is what I would save for; The Xiaomi Mi3 Probably the best looking phone I've seen.

2.5gb ram: Quad core; 5" IPS screen; 13mp camera..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Rico_89, 16 May 2013 - 09:24 AM.

Colossae3.23

Colossae3.23

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 720
Just was looking at Xiaomi phone on Wikipedia. These two comments below make a bit of sense out the wait that is associated with the Jiayu G4 and UMI X2.

I think we look at these phones we see high quality and low price, but then don't realize the stocks are limited to keep the costs down. Last year the Newman N2 was just like the G4 and X2, are this year: rare as hen's teeth...

Xiaomi sells most smartphones online, in small quantities. However, Xiaomi pinned their success on the combination of short supply and high-quality, low‐priced products.

Xiaomi has so far sold 300,000 units of MI-Two smartphones, though the company intentionally limits production of the device to capitalize on the consumers’ wants and monitor surpluses.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Devices:Xiaomi MI-2s 32GB
Seems that there is a xiaomi m2a with 32gb and a 13mp camera but the price starts at 300€ in china so it will be a lot more outside of china wich is to mutch.

They just have to release the jiayu g4 then i wouldnt have any doubts...

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts
  • Interests:ET Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4

Seems that there is a xiaomi m2a with 32gb and a 13mp camera but the price starts at 300€ in china so it will be a lot more outside of china which is to much.

They just have to release the jiayu g4 then i wouldnt have any doubts...

i'd rather have a nexus 4 at that price... one of the best supported phones around, nothing better than been able to build a fully working AOKP / PAC / CM / PA etc...
also, with xiaomi you get MIUI rather than stock android, which could be good or bad, i personally like MIUI but would not want to be stuck with it.

if the G4 was available now (1GB version) for the £100 retail price i would take it straight away...
not sure i would pay any more since its just to mess around with.
and the 4.7 inch display is perfect size for me (same as my nexus 4), not keen on my parents 5 inch display as its hard to use with one hand :(

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
The Dutch (Netherlands) Jiayu posted this on facebook:

Goed nieuws!

De Jiayu G3 Quad Core en de Jiayu G4 Basic zijn vanaf vandaag beschikbaar als pre-order op onze website. Zorg dat je er snel bij bent, de eerste batch bestaat uit een beperkte hoeveelheid. Uitlevering vindt plaats op volgorde van besteldatum.

De verwachte leverdatum is 1 juni!

Translation:

Good news!

The Jiayu G3 Quadcore and the Jiayu G4 Basic are available for pre-order from today on our website. Make sure you are fast, the fist batch consists of a limited amount. The delivery is in the same order of the ordering date.

Expected deliverdate is 1 june

So this is pretty good news since this is only 2 weeks :D

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 16 May 2013 - 08:06 PM.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

So this is pretty good news since this is only 2 weeks :D

Hopefully it'll go that way for you Wacky.

I thought for the next six months these phones would be "two weeks" away from being released.. :P

---------------------------------------

Oh yeah, my last statement in regards to not wanting to buy a clone phone. Well if a quad core clone of the Xiaomi Mi3 is released for under £150 then I'm in lol.

Edited by Rico_89, 17 May 2013 - 08:31 AM.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Hopefully it'll be go that way for you Wacky.

I thought for the next six months these phones would be "two weeks" away from being release.. :P

---------------------------------------

Oh yeah, my last statement in regards to not wanting to buy a clone phone. Well if a quad core clone of the Xiaomi Mi3 is released for under £150 then I'm in lol.

Well i wont order it that way because i dont live in Netherland and its way to expencive to order it via jiayu themself. But its still better than a mid august release :P But you have a point :D

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5 and coolpad F1 8297w
Got fed up with waiting for the Vowney v5, which has now gone out to the end of the month with merimobiles, so rightly or wrongly ordered the Newman K1.........hope its ok, to late if its not..lol

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Got fed up with waiting for the Vowney v5, which has now gone out to the end of the month with merimobiles, so rightly or wrongly ordered the Newman K1.........hope its ok, to late if its not..lol

And they were so convincing when they said...

15th May 2013.... we should be getting them this week or by monday, thank you

Let us know how you get on ,, The K1 looks as good as the V5, but doesn't have OTG,.. no big deal though still an awesome price for the specs.

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

And they were so convincing when they said...

Let us know how you get on ,, The K1 looks as good as the V5, but doesn't have OTG,.. no big deal though still an awesome price for the specs.

Will do , Thought it seemed fine for £130 after 5% discount, was not to bothered by the otg, unless you wanna pull your hair out it seems best to order what is in stock rather then all the delays that seem to happen when it is on pre sale

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts
one thing i have noticed about china phones.... why do no of them ever have NFC ?

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Tech hacking gaming, motor sport , snooker
  • Devices:g300/ v970/vowney v5
ive found same order what they have in stock or you could have a very long wait, only problem is getting a honest answer from most china retailers, lots will tell you there instock even when there not, ive cancelled 5 orders due to this, but im happy with my zte v970 , it will do until quad core are main stream and easier to get hold off at around the £100 mark.

Colossae3.23

Colossae3.23

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 720

one thing i have noticed about china phones.... why do no of them ever have NFC ?

That's a really good question. If none of them have it, yet the other specs are high end? This might be a silly question, but is it legal there?

Tamthebam79

Tamthebam79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300

I totally agree with Colossa3;

8mp with that benchmark should equal great pics, with zero lag when you take the picture. And videos should be smooth and lag free.
Is the LG X4 HD good phone as there is one on gumtree near me for £100 too months old is it worth it? as i have been waiting on buying a G4 but it keeps getting delayed

My only problem with the Xiaomi M2A, apart from the small 4.5 inch screen, is the price, if I'm going to spend over £200 then I'd rather buy an LG :http://www.expansys....0-black-229927/ £250, 5" and in country.

Now if I did have a spare £300 plus laying around and a plane ticket to China then this is what I would save for; The Xiaomi Mi3 Probably the best looking phone I've seen.

2.5gb ram: Quad core; 5" IPS screen; 13mp camera..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
I've never even heard of it so im sure i wont mis it. I just googled it doesnt seem something usefull.

I wouldnt even care if the phones had no bluetooth. I've never used it

And the OTG... why would you want to plug a usb into your phone if you can just connect it to your pc?

The only feature i would really like is hdmi trough the micro usb port.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

I've never even heard of it so im sure i wont mis it. I just googled it doesnt seem something usefull.

I wouldnt even care if the phones had no bluetooth. I've never used it

And the OTG... why would you want to plug a usb into your phone if you can just connect it to your pc?

The only feature i would really like is hdmi trough the micro usb port.

NFC I'd use but I agree I can live with out it easily, but OTG is another matter. It allows you to connect your phone as a flash drive to another device. So you could connect your phone to your HD TV with a USB connection and PS3 etc. Also you can use a mouse, and I suspect keyboard, on your phone, which might seem useless until you find a need for it, for example playing games "onlive", editing pictures and so on.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
http://www.gizchina....hands-on-video/

Umi x2 handson video but im sure you al check gizchina

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Would you credit it, ordered the Newman k1 due to Vowney v5 going out till end month , just looked and the Vowney V5 is now in stock, wife wants phone so now ordered the Vowney v5 for her, the question is should I change my Newman k1 to the Vowney V5...........what do you think guys, specs are very similar apart from OTG on the vowney but better camera on the Newman......

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Tech hacking gaming, motor sport , snooker
  • Devices:g300/ v970/vowney v5

Cheap phone here with nfc only $113

http://www.gizchina....4-for-just-113/

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts

just looked and the Vowney V5 is now in stock,

£125.. i'd probably get one if it was in all black :(