george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
What do people think of this:
STAR N9770 - 5.08 inch MTK6577 1.2GHz dual core CPU android 4.0.4 ICE CREAM SANDWICH 3G smartphone dual sim 8MP camera WIFI GPS, new google play store and flash player supported, with flip case (black, white)
http://www.amazon.co...p_am_gb?ie=UTF8

I know it costs more than a China phone that's a lots better, but as it's from Amazon there are no risks!

Edited by george109, 24 May 2013 - 10:51 PM.

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts
Star is very bad, they use cheap materials, and overall the end product is low par. No gorilla glass, no metal, cheap sensors, poor manufacturing methods :(

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

Star is very bad, they use cheap materials, and overall the end product is low par. No gorilla glass, no metal, cheap sensors, poor manufacturing methods :(

Oh, is just me or do companies called things like "Amazing" or "Star" are always terrible and usually are the complete opposite! :P
Thanks for warning me though :)

Edited by george109, 24 May 2013 - 10:54 PM.

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts

Oh, is just me or do companies called things like "Amazing" or "Star" are always terrible and usually are the complete opposite! :P
Thanks for warning me though :)

No problemo, I would only go with companies actually mentioned by Andi of Gizchina as he himself lives in China, so he knows what he's talking about. He never really buys or even makes articles about Star phones, so that indicates that Star probably isn't good nor trustworthy.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts
  • Interests:Alien Life
  • Devices:Moto X
for around the £115 price the best option looks to be the vowney v5

http://www.gizchina....jiayu-g4-eater/

http://www.cheapunlo...one.com/?p=1561

think i will order one next weekend

Attached File  625469112_175.jpg   25.69KB   29 downloadsAttached File  625469115_381.jpg   18.24KB   33 downloadsAttached File  625469120_672.jpg   57.26KB   32 downloadsAttached File  625469123_600.jpg   22.96KB   31 downloadsAttached File  Original-android-phones-Verne-v5-phone-mobile-5-0-HD-screen-quad-core-dual-camera-with.jpg   26.77KB   31 downloadsAttached File  verne-v5-7.jpg   39.01KB   31 downloadsAttached File  verne-v5-21.jpg   53.94KB   27 downloads

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Tech hacking gaming, motor sport , snooker
  • Devices:g300/ v970/vowney v5
Well my vowey v5 should be posted on 27th , looks quality biggest screen I've ever had on a phone, need gel case and screen protectors

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5 and coolpad F1 8297w

Well my vowey v5 should be posted on 27th , looks quality biggest screen I've ever had on a phone, need gel case and screen protectors

Looks like a few people maybe getting this phone which is good, mine was posted 5 days ago, if only the tracking number would work I might be able to see where it is ..... <_<

jordanclarke69

jordanclarke69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Pulse/G300
Getting V5.

OFF TOPIC: does anyone know what happened to dazzozo? i can't find his threads anywhere..... wanted to see if there are updates to his CM builds, as on AOKP and finding it quite good so want to compare (and then i'll compare with stock ics).
sorry to go off topic in an off topic thread!

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Getting V5.

OFF TOPIC: does anyone know what happened to dazzozo? i can't find his threads anywhere..... wanted to see if there are updates to his CM builds, as on AOKP and finding it quite good so want to compare (and then i'll compare with stock ics).

Think you need to go here http://www.modaco.co...00-development/ he was online a minute ago

jordanclarke69

jordanclarke69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Pulse/G300

Think you need to go here http://www.modaco.co...-development/�� he was online a minute ago

cheers mate

arranhs

arranhs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Getting V5.

All development now has a separate section. You can see the folder thing at the top of the normal forum called Huawei Ascend G300 Development. Just in case you hadn't noticed :P

Edited by arranhs, 25 May 2013 - 01:51 PM.

List of all the ROM's, Recoveries, Mods, Tutorials, Themes and Original Firmware on this forum!

[COMPILATION][LIST] ROMs/KERNELs/RECOVERYs/MODs/TUTORIALs/THEMEs/ORIGINAL FIRMWARE

salvy

salvy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:N7100
I'm thinking in getting the vowney v5 as well, seems to best I can get for under $200 currently.
I know most people here are from the EU, but it would be great if anyone that gets this phone in the US could confirm if it supports WCDMA 1900, in the vendor's page it says it does but I'm still unsure if is true.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts
  • Interests:Alien Life
  • Devices:Moto X

I know most people here are from the EU, but it would be great if anyone that gets this phone in the US could confirm if it supports WCDMA 1900, in the vendor's page it says it does but I'm still unsure if is true.

anyone with the device can confirm this info for you by entering the hidden menu and looking at the available bands,
i done the same thing to check the phones i got a while back.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Devices:None :(
I orderd the xiaomi Mi2s 32gb 13mp camera yesterday i hope it arives fast! :D

It has 2 partitions so you can put MUI on the first partition and stock android on the other one so you can choose witch to boot. I dont know what i would want more i am happy that i could go to stock if would want to but i doubt it.

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Vega,Nexus5,MK808,Moto g,CX919
Vowney V5 looks like an impressive device.
Where have you guys ordered yours from?

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Vowney V5 looks like an impressive device.
Where have you guys ordered yours from?

ordered mine form merimobiles

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
Will see if merimobiles get my phone dispatched tomorrow , here's hoping lol

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
And hope my panda will order is waiting at home when I get off holiday next week, ordered 2 hero v6888 , getting descent reviews only problem seams to be no English Google play, let's hope a descent custom rom comes out for this budget phone , anyone on here willing to mod this model of phone

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts
The vowney actually looks good, really good! Im a fan of large screens so I'm definitely interested :)

I won't be buying any new phones soon though, I'm happy with my G300 for the time being :P

Edited by kyan31, 27 May 2013 - 09:30 AM.

aliaird

aliaird

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
I emailed Mentoo about my order for the Jiayu G4 2GB Advanced and just got this back;

"We are sorry that the releasing date for JIAYU G4 advanced version is not clear at present.
Yes, we have JIAYU G4 basic version as well as 3000mAh battery in stock.If you want to change, we will deliver

JIAYU G4 basic version + 3000mAh battery for you asap."

Is that what people believe? That the basic version is available for delivery now from mail order?

Also... in the Jiayu G2, one SIM is 3G enabled and the other isn't.

Does anyone know if the microsim slot in the G4 is the 3G one or not? Or are they both 3G enabled?

Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users