3360 replies to this topic

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4,Tesco Hudl

Yes it should have OTG, I haven't tried it yet because I only ordered the OTG cable today, from eBay, for £1.49, so I'll check it out when it comes.

What does OTG do?

No worries. I've found out! http://en.wikipedia....i/USB_On-The-Go

Edited by rob4x4, 12 June 2013 - 02:10 PM.

Colossae3.23

Colossae3.23

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 720

Does anybody know if you can buy the Jiayu G4 from a shop in china because im heading over there soon and since im there, if i can buy it, i might as well :)

check the comments after the G4 review on Gizchina. I have a memory of someone asking that question and Andi answered it. Or try to pm Andi on that site, he's got a lot of knowledge about the area.

arranhs

arranhs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
If any Vowney owners are interested there are roms popping up for it here

Edit: Niiicceeee. Miui ported to G4 here http://www.592zn.com...264718-1-1.html

Edited by arranhs, 12 June 2013 - 05:27 PM.

List of all the ROM's, Recoveries, Mods, Tutorials, Themes and Original Firmware on this forum!

[COMPILATION][LIST] ROMs/KERNELs/RECOVERYs/MODs/TUTORIALs/THEMEs/ORIGINAL FIRMWARE

nsmacd1

nsmacd1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Devices:Vowney (Verne) V5 & G300
Just ordered the Verne V5 from Merrimobiles - Thanks for the advice & the $10.00 off code (FACEBOOK) - Worked a treat!

So, has the phone got it's own thread yet? :)

Also - Being dual SIM - Are both micro-SIM sized, or is one a normal size, as the pics on the site look like the larger one?

Also - has anyone tried the custom ROMs yet from http://www.needrom.c...egories/vowney/ ?

Edited by nsmacd1, 12 June 2013 - 06:16 PM.

Currently using:-

Posted Image

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Tech hacking gaming, motor sport , snooker
  • Devices:g300/ v970/vowney v5

Just ordered the Verne V5 from Merrimobiles - Thanks for the advice & the $10.00 off code (FACEBOOK) - Worked a treat!

So, has the phone got it's own thread yet? :)

Also - Being dual SIM - Are both micro-SIM sized, or is one a normal size, as the pics on the site look like the larger one?

Also - has anyone tried the custom ROMs yet from http://www.needrom.c...egories/vowney/ ?

the gsm sim is full size and the gsm/3g slot in mini size hope that helps.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
Here`s picture with a word OTG:
http://www.v5zn.cn/c...oryall.php?id=9

Anyone knows something about Miracast support?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ZTE v987 China Rom Collection Telekineza.com Coolpad F1 software and stuff Huawei G300 Chinese Cuisine - Roms from far far away
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts
  • Interests:ET Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4

Anyone knows something about Miracast support?

it has it, as this is a 4.2 feature as far as i know, it should be under the display settings.
i'v actually been wanting to try this on my nexus 4 but not sure where to get a working dongle / hub for my tv ?

just been looking at this, it might be interesting for others wanting to try mirracast
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2041002

apparently this works
http://www.amazon.co...iglink121875-20

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Tech hacking gaming, motor sport , snooker
  • Devices:g300/ v970/vowney v5
vowney v5 proper fit flip case, but not cheap http://www.merimobil..._p/meri7538.htm

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

it has it, as this is a 4.2 feature as far as i know, it should be under the display settings.
i'v actually been wanting to try this on my nexus 4 but not sure where to get a working dongle / hub for my tv ?

I was looking at this today and it's there in the display settings, " Wireless Display". I had a look on eBay and the adaptors are a little too expensive IMO.. £45 plus. Although it really would be great to get it to work, hopefully prices will come down, and who knows maybe a cheap Chinese adaptor is being built right now :P .

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@ChrisPNE
I ordered my V5 from Merimobiles on 7/6/13 and it still hasn't shipped. Just asked on the live chat and they said it will ship this week or early next week.

How long did it take for your phones to be dispatched?

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

I ordered my V5 from Merimobiles on 7/6/13 and it still hasn't shipped. Just asked on the live chat and they said it will ship this week or early next week.

How long did it take for your phones to be dispatched?

I seriously think this is a stock issue. If they have stock it will ship fast, if not then you'll have to wait for them to get another shipment in. At least that's is my theory anyway.

I got really lucky like a few others and my order arrived really fast, I purchased on the 31st of may and received my V5 on the 11 of June, and that's with free China post.

aliaird

aliaird

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
I'm in the same boat. Ordered on 8/6 and emailed yesterday to be told the same thing. Frustrating....

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
Just a idea for future buyers - check the main sellers before buying.
If only one or two of them have the phone in stock - then they most probably don`t have it ;) .
(you can find a list of reliable stores in my sig)

ZTE v987 China Rom Collection Telekineza.com Coolpad F1 software and stuff Huawei G300 Chinese Cuisine - Roms from far far away

JetKun

JetKun

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (OMC)
  • Twitter:@stephenfry

Just a idea for future buyers - check the main sellers before buying.
If only one or two of them have the phone in stock - then they most probably don`t have it ;) .
(you can find a list of reliable stores in my sig)

Do you know which reliable shops sell Jiayu G4s? I concluded that the Vowney is too big; I'd love a phone that fits in one hand... And the jiayu g4 is actually slimmer than the ZTE Skate, too :D
(Like, *reliable* reliable ;))

Edit: WOT says Pandawill spammed their ratings page, so it's clearly fishy. Fastcardtech is apparently s*** at dispatching the Correct orders and I don't know how good Antelife are

Edited by JetKun, 13 June 2013 - 09:53 AM.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
Checking on croatian phone forums lately, I spotted people having positive experience with geekbuying, banggood, pandawill
and hotmid

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5 and coolpad F1 8297w
At last, my Vowney v5 arrived today, exactly 25 days from order and 21 days from despatch date, if you want it quick looks best to tell them you do not want them to post using Sweden post, as it goes China to Singapore then Singapore to Sweden, then Sweden to UK, others on here who have used China post appear to get it in around 10 days from order date.

I also ordered the case, that is on the page when you order the phone , not a great buy, it is like a book cover and there is tape inside which you are supposed to stick the phone to then just shut the front over with magnetic catch, cannot see me using that. Anybody found a silicone soft TPU case cover yet??

Edited by bryfly, 13 June 2013 - 10:08 AM.

aliaird

aliaird

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
I bought my Jiayu G2 from Mentoo, and was happy enough. Ordered my G4 through them but got fed up of waiting so went to merimobiles for my V5...

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

At last, my Vowney v5 arrived today, exactly 25 days from order and 21 days from despatch date, if you want it quick looks best to tell them you do not want them to post using Sweden post, as it goes China to Singapore then Singapore to Sweden, then Sweden to UK, others on here who have used China post appear to get it in around 10 days from order date.

I also ordered the case, that is on the page when you order the phone , not a great buy, it is like a book cover and there is tape inside which you are supposed to stick the phone to then just shut the front over with magnetic catch, cannot see me using that. Anybody found a silicone soft TPU case cover yet??

Pheew.. great news.

I figured that the case would be nonsense so I didn't order one, hopefully you didn't spend too much on it.

Anyway I'd be grateful if you could tell me how your microphone is working. This is my only complaint with the phone so far, but seeing as I use headphones or a bluetooth headset to talk, 90% of the time, it isn't a big issue for me but on my V5 the the microphone makes me sound a little muffled.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
Interestingly, vowney is not so popular in china:
http://detail.zol.co...283-354278.html

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Yeah I think your right about Singapore post, mine still hasn't arrived, dispatched on 1st, although has left Sweden so shouldn't be too long now. First impressions of the v5?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users