Development of this ROM is currently suspended as I no longer have a Nexus 10. I am considering picking up a 16GB model so I can continue updating. Watch this space!
I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom Jelly Bean ROM for the Nexus 10! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know.
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs. A MCR release is designed to feel like a stock ROM with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM you must have a custom recovery installed. The ROM is installed at your own risk. A wipe IS recommended if coming from a ROM other than MCR or stock. BACK UP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE INSTALLATION!
MCR Nexus ROM features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
- Based on the 4.2.2 / JDQ39 release, updated, rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system.
- De-odexed... re-odexable.
- Enhanced Quick Settings
- Enhanced Power Menu
- Apps aren't disabled on boot
- Legacy Play Store
- Legacy browser and Flash
- Patched Google Wallet
- Facebook sync support
- init.d support on boot
- Alternative appstores (Amazon and SlideMe Market)
- 'TweakDeck' - Tweetdeck, fixed
- Titanium Backup preinstalled
- MoDaCo Boot Logo
- And there's more!
- Trackball Alert Pro compatibility for custom notification LED colours
- Alternative UI options (clickable when hidden menu keys with alternate locations, search button)
- NFC on screen off
- Stock Launcher with rotate support, Nova and Apex Launchers as options
- LatinIME (stock input method) with enhanced layout
- Disable camera shutter sound
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changelog.
To install this ROM:
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your sdcard.
- Restart your device in recovery mode
- PERFORM A BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card! Remember that due to the 4.2 user changes, you may need to change to the '0' directory in recovery to find the zip!
First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it!
Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.
- Jr5 release - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 80349990bab887dca0f4598d10ec9fb0
- an online kitchen is also available below for subscribers to bake a Custom Custom ROM.
A free prebake is ALWAYS available, a MoDaCo subscription gives you access to the kitchen and supports all MoDaCo developments.
If you have a general question, please post in the topic.
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
Future Updates - READ THIS!
By providing this ROM I am not guaranteeing that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).
If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription!