ZTE BLADE (IDEA CELLULAR - INDIA) - No 3G NETWORK

Guest bladeroid

Guest bladeroid

Dear all,

I'm having problem with the 3G, both voice & data are not working due to no network registration happening.

Posting here after a long back. I'm one of those who got benefitted from here for my android device.

At the early 2012 when I got my Zte blade I was clueless and of no idea with the android system. Since it was being the 1st android phone for me.

Nevertheless, started to play with its and I'm in a good learning stage now.

Now back to the topic,

When I did installed the 1st custom ROM, I forgot (dont know is intact) to wipe the cache & cache partition & dalvik cache and ended up in a non-bootable phone. Without knowing what to do exactly, thought that the phone is completeley bricked and hence tried the debricking methods posted here in this forum.

After following each and every methods, managed to recover my phone back .

I followed the Method 5 in debricking guide to get my phone working. I used the China unicom V880 TPT from the Zte firmware flasher package. Because none of the other TPTs took me to the CWM succesfully.. (Still I couldnt able to get the ADB to work to try flashing the recovery files)

Then installed CM7.0.1 ROM and phone was alive. Had some issues with camera dirver. But later on with the updated kernel it got solved.

My phone is not network locked. So I can use any SIM card without the need of unlocking. And I'm using BSNL network in my blade.

Recently took a 3G connection for my phone. By that time I'd Konstat's SS RLS7 ROM. Phone was running slick & smooth..

First two days 3G worked flawlessly and got download speeds upto 450KB/s ,third day signal got dropped and refused to register on the network occasionally. Fourth day onwards there were no 3G . Initially thought it was a network problem, but when I used the same SIM card in Xperia mini pro, it was working without any problem.

Problem is that phone is working great in 2G with both call & data. But when I switch to 3G there is no call & data. Means phone is not registering automatically or manually in 3G network. I could able to view the list of operators and my current operator also in the available networks. Even while selecting it manually,it fails to connect with error message "Unable to connect to this network at this time.Please try again later".

Following are the diagonosis I tried,

1. Installed the current SIM card in another phone and confirmed it's not the SIM card / operator issue. Didnt tried other 3G SIM in my phone yet.

2. Tried different ROMs (Stock froyo,GB,ICS,JB) with other optional kernals available for Zte blade. But no difference.

3. Went to Settings-> About Phone-> Status -> Signal reception was -95dBm when inside the house and -51dBm at the terrace. So confirmed that phones hardware (3G radio) is working. Even then it was not registering on the network.

4. With Mokee OS,ICS & JB from Konstats, I used *#*#4636#*#* and went to the phone testing screen and selected the wcdma preferred & wcdma only to check. And also tried all the available baseband selections. Again it is the same result.

5. So checked for chances of anyone having the same problem over the forums in Modaco,xda,gizmolord etc., Mostly people had problem with 3G data due to their incorrect APNs. So it didnt helped me.

6. Having a doubt that there is a firmware mismatch due to flashing China unicom V880 TPT. Yet to find the Stock firmware of Zte Idea blade (Indian version) to try the next option.

EDIT:: I tried to replace the V880 TPT amss.mbn & ammshd.mbn with other TPTs files . Read in XDA that they were the RADIO files. But it too didnt helped.

I request all the members and developers here to overview the problem I'd and please suggest me any solutions I could try out.

Thanks & Regards,

Bladeroid

Dear all,

I'm having problem with the 3G, both voice & data are not working due to no network registration happening.

Posting here after a long back. I'm one of those who got benefitted from here for my android device.

At the early 2012 when I got my Zte blade I was clueless and of no idea with the android system. Since it was being the 1st android phone for me.

Nevertheless, started to play with its and I'm in a good learning stage now.

Now back to the topic,

When I did installed the 1st custom ROM, I forgot (dont know is intact) to wipe the cache & cache partition & dalvik cache and ended up in a non-bootable phone. Without knowing what to do exactly, thought that the phone is completeley bricked and hence tried the debricking methods posted here in this forum.

After following each and every methods, managed to recover my phone back .

I followed the Method 5 in debricking guide to get my phone working. I used the China unicom V880 TPT from the Zte firmware flasher package. Because none of the other TPTs took me to the CWM succesfully.. (Still I couldnt able to get the ADB to work to try flashing the recovery files)

Then installed CM7.0.1 ROM and phone was alive. Had some issues with camera dirver. But later on with the updated kernel it got solved.

My phone is not network locked. So I can use any SIM card without the need of unlocking. And I'm using BSNL network in my blade.

Recently took a 3G connection for my phone. By that time I'd Konstat's SS RLS7 ROM. Phone was running slick & smooth..

First two days 3G worked flawlessly and got download speeds upto 450KB/s ,third day signal got dropped and refused to register on the network occasionally. Fourth day onwards there were no 3G . Initially thought it was a network problem, but when I used the same SIM card in Xperia mini pro, it was working without any problem.

Problem is that phone is working great in 2G with both call & data. But when I switch to 3G there is no call & data. Means phone is not registering automatically or manually in 3G network. I could able to view the list of operators and my current operator also in the available networks. Even while selecting it manually,it fails to connect with error message "Unable to connect to this network at this time.Please try again later".

Following are the diagonosis I tried,

1. Installed the current SIM card in another phone and confirmed it's not the SIM card / operator issue. Didnt tried other 3G SIM in my phone yet.

2. Tried different ROMs (Stock froyo,GB,ICS,JB) with other optional kernals available for Zte blade. But no difference.

3. Went to Settings-> About Phone-> Status -> Signal reception was -95dBm when inside the house and -51dBm at the terrace. So confirmed that phones hardware (3G radio) is working. Even then it was not registering on the network.

4. With Mokee OS,ICS & JB from Konstats, I used *#*#4636#*#* and went to the phone testing screen and selected the wcdma preferred & wcdma only to check. And also tried all the available baseband selections. Again it is the same result.

5. So checked for chances of anyone having the same problem over the forums in Modaco,xda,gizmolord etc., Mostly people had problem with 3G data due to their incorrect APNs. So it didnt helped me.

6. Having a doubt that there is a firmware mismatch due to flashing China unicom V880 TPT. Yet to find the Stock firmware of Zte Idea blade (Indian version) to try the next option.

EDIT:: I tried to replace the V880 TPT amss.mbn & ammshd.mbn with other TPTs files . Read in XDA that they were the RADIO files. But it too didnt helped.

I request all the members and developers here to overview the problem I'd and please suggest me any solutions I could try out.

Thanks & Regards,

Bladeroid

Check this thread for installing STOCK ROM for Idea Blade --> http://www.modaco.com/topic/356286-official-imagebin-for-idea-blade-stock-rom-tpt-from-zte/

Guest bladeroid

Thank you anantk for replying.

Forgot to add that in the list of diagonosis I'd tried..

Like jonyblaze1 mentioned in that thread, I too faced ""Update from Tflash card Error "" without anyother information..

Will try it again...

Now I'm flashing the firmware using Zte online upgrade tool.. Got that software from Zte website..

Will update the result shortly...

Guest bladeroid

@anantk :: It downloaded china unicom stock firmware and updated it... Learnt that amss.mbm is the file controlling the baseband or radio files..

Based on this the zte firmware upgrade tool selects the firmware for the specific version(in my case Idea blade). So if I could able to get this files from any Idea blade, then it's possible to get the correct firmware from Zte website.

Could anyone having Idea Blade share it here?

@anantk :: It downloaded china unicom stock firmware and updated it... Learnt that amss.mbm is the file controlling the baseband or radio files..

Based on this the zte firmware upgrade tool selects the firmware for the specific version(in my case Idea blade). So if I could able to get this files from any Idea blade, then it's possible to get the correct firmware from Zte website.

Could anyone having Idea Blade share it here?

Use TPT extractor tool posted in http://www.modaco.com/topic/339643-gen2-proper-gen2-tpt-generatorextractor/ to extract whatever files you need from Idea Blade Image file posted in http://www.modaco.com/topic/356286-official-imagebin-for-idea-blade-stock-rom-tpt-from-zte/

All the best.

Guest bladeroid

I had the gen2 genrator and extractor.. Earlier I wasnt able to view the bin file due to windows error showing "Force close".

Yesterday, extracted the whole image.bin and flashed it via Firmware flasher (Got from method5 of Debricking Guide).

But unchecked the Download CEFS (That file was not present in the extracted bin folder).

But phone refused to turn ON after the 1st level completion.

No power on indication / vibration or whatsoever is happening.

Battery is aorund 75% charge, connected the phone to my Laptop through USB cable w/o the battery..

Tried tried & tried and got wexed about killing my blade....

Is this the end of it or still I could have some hope of giving it life..

I think warranty is also over now..

EDIT:: If it's 1yr warranty , then it's still valid upto Jan-02-2013

Edited by bladeroid