• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

Genchou

Genchou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Acer CM S500

Orange Romania (EMEA_ORGROD) and Mobistar Belgium (EMEA_MBSD) seems to have -1 (operator version, locked ?) while other have -3 (EMEA_FR & WW_GEN1)(free sale).

I have a EMEA_MBSD. I am not a Mobistar customer (I use Mobile Vikings), so it's doesn't seem to be locked to work only for Mobistar, but when I checked the CPU type with the "fastboot -i 0x0502 oem device-infos" command, there was a line saying "locked : yes". Don't know what it means though.

Mircerson

Mircerson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Acer CloudMobile
Locked? EMEA_ORGROD is Cpu TYPE -1

stanac1

stanac1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:acer mobilecloud
Hi.
I succeeded installing the 4.1.2 ROM thanks to Vache. Then I tried to root with the script provided by vache. The program on my computer told me root has been successfully done.However when I launched Titanium I couldn't use it because it told me the phone wasn't root.I din't know how to do now ?...

Edited by stanac1, 16 January 2013 - 06:40 AM.

z1022

z1022

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:S500
Whether need to root before flash the above rom

Edited by z1022, 16 January 2013 - 07:18 AM.

stanac1

stanac1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Do you mean that I need to root the phone before installing JB again ?

Edited by stanac1, 16 January 2013 - 08:45 AM.

ReG4Life

ReG4Life

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Acer CloudMobile S500
No.

stanac1

stanac1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
So what can I do to root my phone ?

Look at the printscreen picture, please. It is the message I got with Vaches' auto_unlock. It should be root isn't it ?

Attached File  Capture.PNG   38.18KB   80 downloads

vache

vache

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Twitter:@vachounet
This script will unlock your bootloader, it will not root your device.

stanac1

stanac1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
OK I didn't understand that.... So do you know how can I root my phone please ? Is there an easy tutorial ?
(I have installed the rom provided in this topic)

Edited by stanac1, 16 January 2013 - 05:41 PM.

alexel9900

alexel9900

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:acer s500
acer cloud s500 unlock network?

UnforcedError

UnforcedError

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:S500
Works perfect, it's seemed to drain a lot of battery life at the beginning, but now it seems to have stagnated...

Would also love to know how to make the app drawer transparent... any suggestions on this?

ThX!

The PyroPath

The PyroPath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I have this weird "bug" When I power off my device the charging icon comes up (the white one with the tunderbolt) but it goes off quickly after that. The 2nd animation of charging doesn't come up at all and the device refuses to boot untill I remove the battery.

The PyroPath

The PyroPath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
OK, bugs/problems I encountered thusfar:

- General JB bug: Mediascanner goes apeshit, doesn't scan anything but keeps running and restarting eating loads of battery
- The formentioned charging when off bug, but that would probably be the fault of the recovery (Had a comparable problem way back with the Desire HD, which would start booting when off and plugged into the power, this was also recovery related)
- mA(/h) are either reported incorrectly by the phone/battery or there is some crazy poweruse going on... (also during ICS, tried wiping, reflash, bare minimum, no apps, still same issues. Can someone perhaps post their BMW log or part there of here to compare?)
- USB mass storage device mode is gone, can't be selected anymore and "hacks" for a select few other phones doesn't work. Only MTP and PTP modes remain.
- Irregular and unexplainable peak usage of locations service, won't stop until reboot, even force stop service doesn't work.
-This version + Battery monitor widget results in massive alarms/wake locks for the latter, no such problems on ICS. (Device will wake-up every minute or so and way longer than normal, claimed 3-10s cpu use/day by developer results in about 3-4 hours cpu use/wake lock according to better battery stats.

AlexProfTw

AlexProfTw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Acer Cloudmobile S500
It will work on EMEA_ORGROD ? Orange Romania version :-s

Alexandru.k_24

Alexandru.k_24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Acer CloudMobile(s500)

It will work on EMEA_ORGROD ? Orange Romania version :-s

No...it will not work on your phone if you bought it from Orange RO.CPU type is -1 and this leaked ROM is for those with cpu -3.All Orange RO got the -1 version of the CPU.

Deonix

Deonix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Defy, Acer S500
actually it was explained the-1 and -3 versions are NOT the CPU type..... we have the same goddamn CPU

The PyroPath

The PyroPath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
So, anyone else having problems or am I really that lucky? :mellow:

gkai

gkai

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:Acer S500 Cloudmobile

So, anyone else having problems or am I really that lucky? :mellow:

I had some problems, but much less lately...used to have some BSOD (phone completely crash, and dump memory on SD, with a "nice" bluescreen telling so, in the style of old windows crashes...This happended mostly when my wifi acces point crashed, and maybe I do not observe it cause I have changed to a new wifi N acces point that should be more stable (the old one needed a reset after a bid download, from my cloumobile or my laptop)

No BSOD since, but had some other crashes, due mainly to K9mail. I used the market version, that had very high CPU use/ battery drain sometimes, moved to the K9mail nightly, which has nicer interface and much seldom fall in the "crazy battery drain" mode....But on the other hand, this version very often completely hang, and some times seems to bring a few other process crashing with it. Had to restart the phone once, all the processes were crashing in sequence.

So for me leaked JB seems relatively stable, but seems to have trouble handling crashing apps...Still waiting for the official release though, maybe will be more stable and get less battery use, but mainly to get the kernel source and, hopefully, get some CM10.1 custom roms once the kernel is available. I do not use Acer stuff, and miss the CM10 tweeks ;-)

Edited by gkai, 28 January 2013 - 04:00 PM.

Neosin1987

Neosin1987

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:huawei P7
hello can some one help me thnx

when i instal the drivers it failt olways on the MPT driver so somone have a solution thnx

Edited by Neosin1987, 06 February 2013 - 09:32 AM.

BETEP

BETEP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:music
I got a new system Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean donated by Acer, ask us for a club to use :).(I apologize for my English)

I, BETEPwith Acer-club, you can ask questions here, on our website. We are waiting for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users