Before you begin, please run check you are using the 'RK' version of the 7012. You can do this by checking you have either the 'RK' model name on the back of the device or 'RK' in the version number displayed in Settings -> About. Do NOT flash this ROM unless this designation is present!
- Windows PC
- miniUSB cable
In order to prepare for installation download the following files:
To install the ROM on your device, carry out the following steps:
- Unzip the two zip files you downloaded
- Power off your tablet
- Launch the RockChip Batch Tool
- Click the '3 dots' (...) button to select an update image - choose the 'RK2906_B016_GEM7012_20121123.zip' image you just extracted
- With your tablet still off, plug in the USB cable while holding the 'menu' (3 lines) and power buttons
- In the 'Connected Devices' panel, a green '1' should appear, as shown below. At this point Windows may prompt you for drivers - these can be found in the Rockchip Batch Tool directory.
- Click the 'Restore' button (3rd from the left) and the device will be flashed. Do not unplug the device until this process is complete (indicated by 'Restore Done Success' in the status window as shown below.
- Your device is now upgraded!