I managed to mess up my phone completely yesterday, much because of my own stupidity and a faulty USB cable. I have never used any custom roms before, and had not intended too, since I've always found it a bit scary. But after trusting LG PC Suite and said faulty USB cable to update to ICS, my phone stopped working at all, which kind of forced my hand.
So I found this official ICS 4.0.4 rom, and managed to install it on my phone: http://www.modaco.co...e-for-download/
It seems to work great, and I really love my new phone, but I never get a signal anymore. In Norwegian, it says "Ingen dekning", which I guess translates to "No service", and the signal bars in the upper right corner are empty, and has a red cross on them. Any ideas on what I can do about this?
As some additional information, this is exactly what I did yesterday:
- Started out with a fully working, but laggy 2.3.
- Crashed it completely when trying to update to ICS using LG PC Suite.
- Installed official 2.3 rom again, in an attempt to let LG PC Suite try again. Phone worked just as before, with service.
- LG PC Suite refused to update, just kept telling me that I had the newest version.
- I then found and installed the above mentioned official ICS rom. Loved it, but soon discovered that I had no service.
- Attempted to reinstall the official 2.3 rom to get a usable phone, but now I had no service on this one either.
- Since I had no service anyway, I decided I might as well have no service with ICS, so I installed the ICS rom once again. Still no service.
I tried swapping sim card with a friend -- my card worked in his phone, but his card in my phone still got no service.
EDIT: Oh, yeah, and I have checked the APN settings. They are correct.
Huge thanks to anybody who can help me sort this out!
Edited by Hugeflis, 14 December 2012 - 08:59 PM.