4.2 storage locations

Guest mark2410

Guest mark2410

i have been using 4.2 for a while now and its a pain. it seems to be storing everything is 3 or 4 locations andi want to know how to fix that? since ive now managed to delete things in one location it appears to have deleted things in all the other locations too.

will a factory wipe fix this from happening? its a pain to set everything back up and im afraid if i have a titanium back up file it wont delete the extra locations.

suggestions please. if you have fixed this problem id love to hear it as its driving me mad.

I think it has to do with file system as it relates to multiple users...?....I think the files are physically located at storage-emulated-0 and just symlinkd(?) to mnt-sdcard and others.....not actually two copies

If you're on an older version of CWM it'll keep adding nested '0' folders each time you flash a new ROM. Make sure you on a newer CWM, e.g. 6.0.2.3 (the latest) and you'll be fine.

But yeah, because of the new multi-user function in 4.2 '0' is the default user with the number going up for each new user. Kinda pointless on a phone as it's not enabled but nevertheless we're stuck with it