I've found a really fast & simple way to go from the stock, unrooted Orange ROM with all that horrific bloatware to a fully working custom ROM in literally 3 minutes. Even the MAC address for the wifi is done for you.......sorted!
There is no need for any sort of drivers, or to have your handset connected to your computer, all you do need is a working wifi connection...................yup, all you need is wifi!
1. Before you begin, make sure you can access Google Play.
- From your phone, open the Browser / Internet from your app list.
- From your phone, go to tinyurl.com/skatetpt
- The Android Market / Play Store should open with the page for "TPT Helper". Click the Download button, and then Accept & Download. Wait for it to install.
- Open TPT Helper from the app list on your phone.
- If you get a Disclaimer message, tap Accept.
- You should see the message "ZTE Skate/Orange Monte Carlo detected, is this correct?" If you do, tap Yes.
- Tap All In One.
- Tap Skate-v2a.zip.
- TPT Helper will now begin to download a file. Do not exit TPT Helper.
- Once the download has completed, TPT will begin to unzip and verify the files. After a few seconds, you should see the message Files verified - Number of matches: 1/1. Tap OK.
- Tap the Back / Return button once.
- Tap Start TPT, and then tap Yes.
- Your phone will restart. You should see a blue progress bar on your phone's screen. After a minute or so, you should see ClockworkMod Recovery v220.127.116.11 has been installed.
- Use the Volume buttons to highlight wipe data/factory reset
- Press the home button to select wipe data/factory reset
- Highlight and select Yes -- delete all user data
- Once finished, highlight and select wipe cache partition
- Highlight and select Yes - Wipe Cache
- Once finished, highlight and select advanced
- Highlight and select Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Highlight and select Yes - Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Once finished, press the Back / Return button once.
- Highlight and select install zip from sdcard
- Highlight and select choose zip from sdcard
- Highlight and select the zip file you downloaded.
- Highlight and select Yes - Install ... .zip
(Android ROM first, "gapps" package second)
- Reboot system
- The first boot after installing a custom ROM usually takes longer than a normal boot...
His handset is now running 2.3.7 CM7 with no problems or issues!
And lastly, MERRY CHRISTMAS to MoDaCo guests, members & staff, have a good one girls & boys!
Edited by BritishPatriot, 17 December 2012 - 02:16 PM.