New ICS B952 download fixed my bricked device

Guest pinko1

For anyone who tried to do the Vodafone B936 to B952 OTA upgrade in late november and ended up with a bricked device, with the device displaying the message Image Signature Verify Fail...

The new B952 full download at www.huaweidevice.com will get you back up and running.

I was supposed to return my device to Huawei this week for reflashing, but now its not necessary :-)

By "notification toggles", do you mean the bar that allowed you to turn on/off data, auto-rotate, etc? If so, that no longer appears.

Also, the bundled Huawei apps seem to have changed:

I no longer get the 4 direction Huawei unlock screen that allowed you to go straight to messages, phone, camera, etc as standard.

There is a (new?) Huawei Security app that allows blocking of calls/texts, storing of passwords, and file encryption

Guest Dave_Gray12

Hello, was wondering if anyone could help. I'm at a loss, downloaded 60Mb OTA update today only for my phone (g300) to just "brick". Got the same message "Image Signature Verify Fail". I've tried to reboot with the (hold power button and both Vol) and I get the update to start but then it just fails near half way in. Also when I plug it into the usb and power it on I get a Pink/Purple screen. I've downloaded the update that (Pinko1) suggested but I dont have a clue how to use it or how to get it into the phone, so I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks

Others Details I have a 4gb sd card, read somewhere if you have a 2gb sd card there can be problems with updates. If Anyone knows good links about this problem or how to get that new B952 update running, guides or tips that be very helpful. New to this phone tho I managed to "root" or "unroot" So I could run programs That could clear RAM and stuff, last month and had zero problems, I know very little about this stuff only know how to follow a good tutorial.

1.Download the new b952 update file from the huawei site.

2.Extract to desktop. You will have a folder called dload and a PDF file.

3.Pull the battery from your phone. Put your sdcard in your computer. If there is a folder called dload on the card then delete it.

4.Copy the dload folder you extracted earlier from the desktop to your SD card.

5.Safely eject the SD card from windows. Use the add/remove hardware icon in windows.

6.Put the card in your phone. Replace battery. Press and hold up/down volume keys at same time and hold down power key to turn on.

7.Update should unpack and install

Make sure you have decent battery charge before you begin.

Guest Dave_Gray12

Hi, Thanks for the rapid reply, I get what you want me to do, I've downloaded "B952-WW-CWM-Repack" is this the one your talking about? Extracted everything from it, got two folders called (META-INF & System) and another file called (boot.img). Looked thought all folders and couldn't find (dload folder)! Now I know theirs a dload folder on my SD card and I know I need to delete it and replace it just can't find that (dload folder) your talking about so want to make sure I've downloaded the right Update.

Guest Dave_Gray12

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems" LOL my luck today, but thanks for the help I now know what one to get just need to wait for it to come online, thanks again really appreciate your help Pinko1.

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems" LOL my luck today, but thanks for the help I now know what one to get just need to wait for it to come online, thanks again really appreciate your help Pinko1.

Huawei servers always do that, just retry it a couple of times and it normally works on the second attempt.

Guest rosco-85

Does that mean the toggles appear?

Yeah, got the toggles and all the Huawei stuff (Huawei Backup, Weather, FM Radio etc). Flashed the Vendor file I previously downloaded with B934. It seems all the stuff is already on the ROM, the Vendor file just makes it accessible.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dudleygb

Hi there, really hoping someone can help. Bricked my phone by installing some bootloader thing. Didnt get a chance to install the recover software, so I'm pretty screwed, all I am able to do is the force update with the up/down and power button all at once.

If I do up arrow and power or down arrow and power it just shows the huawei logo and reboots, and keeps going on in a cycle forever.

I'm still downloading this new 952 release, but everything else I've tried has resulted in an update failed. In the log I see:

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app 

new partition same as old.

call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

OEMSBL_VER_LIST,is_rx_finish=0,is_operate_succ=1,current_operate=2

call dload_machine data process failed,module = QCSBLHD_CFGDATA

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xf0000000, len_tmp=0x2524

dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!

I've tried formatting the SD card and retrying, but just keeps ending with the same result. Anything else I could try perhaps. Really appreciate any ideas.

Guest dudleygb

Hi there, really hoping someone can help. Bricked my phone by installing some bootloader thing. Didnt get a chance to install the recover software, so I'm pretty screwed, all I am able to do is the force update with the up/down and power button all at once.

If I do up arrow and power or down arrow and power it just shows the huawei logo and reboots, and keeps going on in a cycle forever.

I'm still downloading this new 952 release, but everything else I've tried has resulted in an update failed. In the log I see:

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app

new partition same as old.

call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xf0000000, len_tmp=0x2524

dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!

I've tried formatting the SD card and retrying, but just keeps ending with the same result. Anything else I could try perhaps. Really appreciate any ideas.

awesome, thiis ROM is installing, no more "update failed" error. Almost done, hope it works, this is the best result I've gotten in a long time. Awesome, its worked! Thats fantastic!! THANK YOU for posting!

Guest dudleygb

can someone give mirror for B952 general version please??? it is impossible to download from www.huaweidevice.com

i got mine from huawei site

Guest dudleygb

awesome, thiis ROM is installing, no more "update failed" error. Almost done, hope it works, this is the best result I've gotten in a long time. Awesome, its worked! Thats fantastic!! THANK YOU for posting!

problem now is I cant connect to my network provider...argh!!!! anyone else have this issue?

Guest Marco Ribeiro

i got mine from huawei site

Hi! If you have the original file, please upload to us, still impossible to get from huawei site. says remainning 16 hours to download. help us please. Thank you

• 1 month later...
Guest PCTechRoss

Yeah, got the toggles and all the Huawei stuff (Huawei Backup, Weather, FM Radio etc). Flashed the Vendor file I previously downloaded with B934. It seems all the stuff is already on the ROM, the Vendor file just makes it accessible.

Is the faster? than the old horrible ICS Roms by Huawei