ROM ToolBox Pro

Guest GOlteanu

Guest GOlteanu

Hello guys,

So this morning I installed ROM ToolBox Pro on my G300. It's quite a good app, with lots of things to play with. It's even better if you have Clockwork recovery installed.

I've managed to do a nandroid backup, modify CPU freq, run scripts, modify themes, uninstall apps.... and so on.

Have any of you tried it?

Guest Kelthar

I have. It's a great app imo, it pretty much puts together lots of useful features and functions.

What kind of scripts did you setup? I haven't setup any scripts yet.

Guest GOlteanu

So I'm running stock GB, uninstalled all the vodacrap, and used V6 Supercharger (I've found it on XDA forum), fix permissions, and the zipalign scipt, so far no problems or something.

You?

Guest Kelthar

I'm running CM9, slight overclock, changed some memory settings, governors, and blocked Ads. Also uninstalled some system apps and replaced them with mine. I doubt there's any huge advantage from making apps system, but I'm not gonna leave it with 200mb free while my internal is almost full...

Guest Maximus9

Salut, Olteanu! What ROM are you using? I am on GB 895, rooted.

I cannot use the CPU clock slider, the max is 1000Mhz.

Did you manage to overclock using ROM Toolbox?

Guest Hogweed

You need to flash a modified GB kernel with overclocking support. Once you do this the cpu sliders in ROM Toolbox will allow you to overclock. Highest stable speed for me is 1228 Mhz and I've been running like that for 3 months now with no issues (Modaco Gr2 B888 based ROM with added CWM flash of overclocked kernel). See thread at http://www.modaco.co...or-gingerbread/

You can just flash the new kernel onto your B895. Everything else stays intact. No need to reinstall anything.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest GOlteanu

I'm using the same ROM (GB 895) but haven't done any overclocking (I have a policy againt overclocking - I managed to burn the processor in my old Palm Pre,and since then I refuse to try) so I don't know what to say...

From what I know, this app doesn't overclock because of the kernel...

Guest Hogweed

I'm using the same ROM (GB 895) but haven't done any overclocking (I have a policy againt overclocking - I managed to burn the processor in my old Palm Pre,and since then I refuse to try) so I don't know what to say...

Caution with OC must always be advised of course. That said, there do appear to have been no reports of failures attributed to overclocking so far. The G300 just reboots if you get too high. Possibly because there is no voltage fiddling as far as I am aware in the GB overclock support so we can't really get damagingly high clock-rates without first just soft-crashing the CPU,

Edited by Hogweed

Guest GOlteanu

Caution with OC must always be advised of course. That said, there do appear to have been no reports of failures attributed to overclocking so far. The G300 just reboots if you get too high. Possibly because there is no voltage fiddling as far as I am aware in the GB overclock support so we can't really get damagingly high clock-rates without first just soft-crashing the CPU,

Yeah, that's true. That's why I don't like overclocking... just leave it as it is...

Guest Maximus9

You mentioned in your first post that you modified CPU frequency using ROM Toolbox.

Guest Maximus9

You need to flash a modified GB kernel with overclocking support. Once you do this the cpu sliders in ROM Toolbox will allow you to overclock. Highest stable speed for me is 1228 Mhz and I've been running like that for 3 months now with no issues (Modaco Gr2 B888 based ROM with added CWM flash of overclocked kernel). See thread at http://www.modaco.co...or-gingerbread/

You can just flash the new kernel onto your B895. Everything else stays intact. No need to reinstall anything.

Thank you! The last sentence makes it really interesting, knowing that I don't have to reinstall anything is important, as this is one of the reasons I avoided playing with ROMs. I feel the need for more speed and not really worried about CPU getting too hot, it's always cold in England... that's not just a joke, since I came to England my CPUs in my desktop, laptops etc are all much cooler then before.

GOlteanu knows what I am talking about, with temperature in the summer reaching easily 30 Celsius...

Guest GOlteanu

I have mentioned this app many many times here. I gave up as most didn't seem interested

Can't see why, this app is wonderfull. For the first time I find that stock ICS is working acceptable with the help of this app.

Guest GOlteanu

Do you guys have a link or something for scripts to use with Rom Toolbox?

Also I've come to find that this is the best root app uninstaller for Android, you don't have to go and delete folders and so on. This app completely deletes all the data from an app.

Guest tcpaulh

What are the differences between lite and pro? Is it just the advertising? Can't seem to find a list.

Pro version is 60% off at the moment btw...

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest GOlteanu

What are the differences between lite and pro? Is it just the advertising? Can't seem to find a list.

Pro version is 60% off at the moment btw...

Don't know, haven't tried the lite version.... I just went pro :P

Guest Davidoff59

click on edit to see what the script does.Looks like it needs busy box. Its worth spending time browsing through rom toolbox. Its a very powerful all in one tool with many options.

if busybox [ -z "$( busybox which zipalign )" ]; then

echo "Error: zipalign binary missing."

exit 1

Guest Davidoff59

click on edit to see what the script does.Looks like it needs busy box. Its worth spending time browsing through rom toolbox. Its a very powerful all in one tool with many options.

if busybox [ -z "$( busybox which zipalign )" ]; then

echo "Error: zipalign binary missing."

exit 1

if you need busybox, do a search on modaco.

Guest GOlteanu

how do run the scripts.zipalign sayimg zipalign binary missing?

If you install busybox, it won't put the zipalign binary, you have to do it yourself.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1335978 - in this thread, in the second post you have a link to zipalign binary. Download it and paste it in /system/xbin

Then you can zipalign apps.