Dead pixels, Crazy battery, Failing sensors!?

Guest Namuhk2k

Guest Namuhk2k

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has some or at least one of these problems?

Tomorrow I have to take my 2nd CM into service.

First of all, I have so many dead pixels in the lower right corner that I can't even count them all! Secondly, about a week ago the battery went completely nuts! I even got a big error on the screen after the phone shut down ( A big battery with a huge warning sing over it). It went from ~80% to 3-0% and after I replaced the battery it was back to 90% and after talking a few minutes it just shut down again. And finally, about 2 days ago my sensors started failing (first the G-Sensor, then the light sensor and finally the proximity sensor), I had to factory reset/data wipe to bring them back (nothing else worked).

I have to say I expected Acer to suck at building Smartphones because I've never encountered a decent Acer Notebook but this just exceeded my expectations a LOT!

After my Motorola MPX200, that just died after two weeks, this is the worst smartphone experience I had so far. It's too bad because I thought Acer had potential the first time I played with this phone :-( ...

P.S. I didn't try root nor CWM, the leaked firmware (Wich does not work for my version, RO Orange) or anything else that could have caused any of these problems.

Guest SimplexchaffX

I have noticed some dead pixels too. Bottom right, at edge of the screen. It is growing. But how do I return my phone? I bought it from expansys. Do I need to totally remove the jelly bean I just flashed to do so?

Guest Namuhk2k

You should flash the stock ROM back to it and do a full Data Wipe/Factory reset just to be on the safe side. I don't know what the process of returning the phone to eXpansys is, you should contact their support team. I just brought mine back to the carrier's (Orange RO) 'care center' and I should get a replacement unit soon enough...

Just got mine today from orange ro. If it hasn't passed the 10 day mark since you bought they will replace it with a new unit. If not they can only change the broken part(s). That also depends on the warranty agreement but it's pretty standard what i said.

Also... it's an electronic device... they fail all the time. I remember that the Moto Defy made before a specfic date all had broken earpieces that would die on you in 1-4 weeks. Every one got their replaced... i waited for mine and i waited but it didn't.

Also i have an Acer laptop and besides overheating in games (which i fixed with a good 10 $ cooler stand) it works great.

I had HTCs, Samsungs, iPhones, HP laptops, videocards, HDDs, and all sort of electronics die or get broken. It's just the course of the world... you can even get a broken replacement but after buying for a couple of years i find it normal.. no matter which brand i buy.

Acer has made tremendous progress since their early years and i have seen it.

Edited by Deonix

Guest SimplexchaffX

Hey, Thanks but how do I flash custom rom. Am planning on sending my CM back to acer uk, for repairs/replacement of screen as soon as am back from holidays.

Please a link or something will be great.

Guest Namuhk2k

@Deonix I know what you are saying, but I already exchanged one unit before and the second one was even worse.... So there is my grief, I hope the third unit will be fine. Because, like I said, Acer has potential!

@SimplexchaffX You don't have to flash a custom rom, there are no working ones for CM so far. You just flash the stock ICS back. You can find the stock rom your device on Vache-Android.