Best daily rom to use as of 19th December please

Guest rwalton159

Guest timfimjim

Yes there is. Do you have CWM recovery installed?

Just look on these forums, there are many ROMs available (eg. Infusion and Stock+). Or try Jellybean:

By the way, you need CWM to install the above ROMs

Guest rwalton159

i recomend u s3 based rom, bruno edition...far best there is....

So where do I find the CWM that will allow me to back up and change roms please

Where is the S3 based rom bruno edition

The forums are a quadmire and unless you read for several hours you get lost.

Guest pobesneli_max

heres dload link for rom http://www.4shared.com/get/nzNQZC0I/U8815_B944_GS3_Bruno_v1-1.html

i think u have the right cwm, u needed it for instaling ics rom, so you must have it?

if not here is link for cwm http://ubuntuone.com/2xSWJE4DWoqrb8AQIUVN5c

i olso recomend u when u install rom to put pauls oc kernel searc for it on forum

S3 is just a Huawei rom modified. I'd recommend a vanilla Huawei if you want everything working but not very fast at most things like CM10.

Make your own S3 by installing the half working launcher that tries to copy the real S3 one. It makes the phone seem faster because it is so basic.

Edited by fr0do

Guest rwalton159

heres dload link for rom http://www.4shared.c...Bruno_v1-1.html

i think u have the right cwm, u needed it for instaling ics rom, so you must have it?

if not here is link for cwm http://ubuntuone.com...DWoqrb8AQIUVN5c

i olso recomend u when u install rom to put pauls oc kernel searc for it on forum

The CWM I just downloaded did not give me the option to back up my rom.

Many thanks for all your help :)

The CWM I just downloaded did not give me the option to back up my rom.

Many thanks for all your help :)

All versions of CWM (Clockworkmod) have the backup & restore option. If your recovery doesn't have it then you are using the stock recovery as supplied by huawei.

Use these CWM installation instructions below:

3. Installing Clockwork Mod Recovery.

Some users have had issues with flashing this so i have done some text editing of some of Pauls scripts for his root method to make a similar one click install for Clockwork Mod Recovery. I have bundled the latest version by Sebastian as of the 5th May 2012. So please first of all,

3a. Download this file first. Easy CWM Recovery Installer. Now extract the zip file to a suitable location. On your phone press Menu, Settings, Applications, Development. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.

3b. Power off your phone and pull the battery. Replace the battery and power on your phone with the volume DOWN key pressed.

3c. your phone will now stick on the Huawei logo. Plug in your USB cable.

3d.

For WINDOWS - double click 'install-cwmrecovery-windows.bat'

For MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-cwmrecovery-mac.sh' followed by './install-cwmrecovery-mac.sh'

For LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-cwmrecovery-linux.sh' followed by './install-cwmrecovery-linux.sh'.

3.e When finished, you can put your device in recovery mode by turning off the phone, pulling the battery and USB cable, wait a few seconds, replace the battery then turn on with the 'volume UP' button pressed to enter recovery.

Note that to navigate the menus you use the volume keys and the home button makes a selection. Back obviously goes back.

Original post : http://www.modaco.co...-and-i-cant-do/

Edited by Cyda

Guest rwalton159

Thanks Cyda but I cannot find a working link in the External Link. In fact there's a nasty piece of software on one of the areas to d/load the file - I had to remove it from my pc via safemode.

If you or anyone has the file can you please upload it for me.

It seems to install but on recovery mode I don't see back up or recover. Seems the stock hasn't been overwritten.

What an absolute pain.

CWM should look like this image below...note the backup and restore option.

post-923750-0-24281000-1355844575_thumb.

If the CWM installer I linked didn't work it would normally show an error, did you see any error?

Guest rwalton159

Did this:

Ran: RootG300

Then BootloaderG300

Then the new CWM which Cyda kindly uploaded for me

Now trying a back up - seems to be stuck with a hat kinda logo

Edited by rwalton159

Guest rwalton159

I can use the up and down buttons but no back up takes place. I'm used to seeing them on my old SF which I ditched for this phone.

My text is orange unlike yours which is blue.

Could this be linked to the rom: http://www.modaco.com/topic/357413-ics-repack-403-b940-u8815-ota-release-rom/

Edited by rwalton159

Different version are different colours, yours will be version 4 probably (I think that was orange) but the layout is still the same and you still use one of the capacitive buttons and/or the power switch to select/go back.

Guest rwalton159

You can Cyda but it wont backup

There is no clockwork folder on the SD card so I'm wondering if the rom has something to do with it. I used a rom which I just dropped onto the sd card.

When you say it won't backup, what actually happens? Does your CWM actually say 'CWM based recovery' in the top corner?

And no, that rom you linked is just a simple CWM repack it does not change or modifiy your recovery partition. You would have also required a working CWM to even install that rom.

Guest rwalton159

I see the menu - I choose backup and restore - press the top button on phone - the hat logo appears and sits there

If I press the top button the phone goes back to the main menu

The rom I put on the sd card was not put on using CWM. The version was dropped on the card and when the phone booted it loaded it up.

I see the menu - I choose backup and restore - press the top button on phone - the hat logo appears and sits there

If I press the top button the phone goes back to the main menu

The rom I put on the sd card was not put on using CWM. The version was dropped on the card and when the phone booted it loaded it up.

Try press the HOME button to select not the power button on the top.