21 replies to this topic

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

So... what's the easiest and safest way to do it? I'm just changing until CM10 comes out without bugs because with CM9 it has a bit of lag sometimes..

You'll find the stock ROMs 'lag sometimes', too. Nothing will change the fact that the G300 is budget device with a single core CPU. If the processor is busy on background task, the UI will appear slower. AFAIK, Google did makes changes that will make the UI smoother in higher load situations. But giving higher priority to rendering on the main thread means that background tasks don't complete as quickly; its swings and roundabouts. For example, iPhones appear faster to the average users because rendering the UI takes precedence... In short, 'a bit of lag' is not indicative of a software bug. And, if Intel are to be believed, even in multi-core setups, multi-threading on Android is still lacklustre.

Edited by unaszplodrmann, 19 December 2012 - 02:16 PM.

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
But I didn't recommend anything, I answered his question on how he would flash a stock rom, not a repack of a stock rom. If Vodafone would accept a repack in a warranty return then I see your point but they won't so stock is an update.app and a repack is based on stock. I answered the question as it was asked, not as I presumed it was asked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users